After sucess, 3month shed, now disgrace. !10APRIL PHOTOS!

Pereira

Established Member
Reaction score
pereira2jy0.jpg
pereira27setco8.jpg

Before.........................................................................................After

My story : HERE

I was getting bald, started the treatments and at 4 month, hair was in good shape.
Moved from liquid to foam, started to shed wild since the 4month

10 April 2008 Jezuz lord!!

See my story to understand the cronology

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
Re: After sucess, 3month shed, now disgrace. (PICS INSIDE)

wow...are you still on propecia? maybe its time to give dutasteride a shot...at this point you dont have much to lose..

My hairloss pattern is VERY similar to yours...Ive been using propecia and nizoral for 13 months and nano shampoo for about 6 months...my hair is no worse than when i started and if anything its thickened up some.

you really have 2 options..wait it out the full year or jump straight to dutasteride...if it were me Id prob give dutasteride a shot.

vipergts

Established Member
Reaction score

Hey Bro,

I FEEL your pain - I have been on the big 3 plus spironolactone and folligen for 9 months now and am at least 40 percent below baseline. Frankly these treatments suck and don't work for everyone. Hang in there and try to enjoy life. You are doing the best you can so relax. You should wait at least 4 more months and if things are still looking bad you can try dutasteride or get a transplant or shave it. Unfortunately these are the only available options :shakehead:

vipergts

Established Member
Reaction score

one more thing...most people see dramatic shedding when they switch to dutasteride. Plus if your hair is sensitive to testosterone, dutasteride will most certainly raise yuor testosterone more than finasteride. Maybe you should try a anti-androgen like topical spironolactone.....

kilgore

Reaction score

You are being too hard on yourself. That is not a fair comparison, because the first set of pictures are with dry hair and no flash and the second set of pictures your hair is wet and there is a bright flash. Yes it doesn't look very nice but the wet hair and the flash in the second set of pics makes it look worse than it actually is. Also your hair is longer in the second set of pictures. There is nothing that makes diffuseness look worse than longish wet hair. Try to take a set of pictures in the same conditions as in those of the baseline.

If you are going through a minoxidil shed it can certainly get better. Buzz your hair shorter for a while so you don't get too depressed and give the treatments a chance to work.

k3nn7i

Established Member
Reaction score

agree with what kilgore said. your hair was kinda wet in the last few pics. hence it looks much worse...hang on there bro.

I don't really understand your regimen though. basically you're in the treatment for 7 mths already? and you had a great regrowth before? after at the 7 mth benchmark, you start shedding again? is that it?

I'm into the 4th mth of propecia and 5th mth of minoxidil liquid now. So far, I had great improvement.

Man, I might lose it again... :(

HairMe

Reaction score

is this the 2nd shed?

chino20

Established Member
Reaction score

So you had success with rogaine liquid, then moved to foam and it's gotten worse since? It might not be much worse but it is a bit and its probably from a shed.

What do you think about switching back to the liquid rogaine?

T

Timi

vipergts said:
one more thing...most people see dramatic shedding when they switch to dutasteride. Plus if your hair is sensitive to testosterone, dutasteride will most certainly raise yuor testosterone more than finasteride. Maybe you should try a anti-androgen like topical spironolactone.....

He takes not dutasteride!

He say that thinning comes from Foam

Timi

RaginDemon

Reaction score

kilgore said:
You are being too hard on yourself. That is not a fair comparison, because the first set of pictures are with dry hair and no flash and the second set of pictures your hair is wet and there is a bright flash. Yes it doesn't look very nice but the wet hair and the flash in the second set of pics makes it look worse than it actually is. Also your hair is longer in the second set of pictures. There is nothing that makes diffuseness look worse than longish wet hair. Try to take a set of pictures in the same conditions as in those of the baseline.

If you are going through a minoxidil shed it can certainly get better. Buzz your hair shorter for a while so you don't get too depressed and give the treatments a chance to work.

exact my thought

I dont even have the balls to look at my hair when its wet...seriously.

T

Timi

Pereira

get your Hair better???

take you minoxidil and finasteride?
ore stop minoxidil?

Timi

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score

These pictures really don't tell us anything. The hair is dry and shorter in the first pic and wet in the after.

Pereira

Established Member
Reaction score

Hi folks!

I'm loosing like 300 hairs a day, not better. But i quit foam and began with liquid again 5days ago. Hope to get the sucess that i had. Fingers Crossed.

I'm also on propecia + nizoral.

Regarding the photos, yes, in the first photo my hair is wet, but the second and third hair is almost dry. Tomorrow I will post a photo with dry hair

Best luck for all

jj_24

Established Member
Reaction score

Keep in mind it is fall shedding time. My hair drops like crazy this time of year. Been on finasteride for a little over a year and was doing well. Now its dropping like crazy 300+ per day.

phish

Established Member
Reaction score

i agree alot shed in fall, i for one shed a sh*t load in the fall. i even shed from back of head and sides thats how i know its a fall shed.

Pereira

Established Member
Reaction score

Yes, i know that. But i started loosing since i quit liquid and started foam, at summer

:(

metalheaddude

Reaction score

Damn dude! Did your hair go from being solid like in the top left pic to the longer diffused look, in the bottom right? That seems way to fast for hairloss to progress in such a short period of time. I can't help but think some mechanism other than male pattern baldness might be at work here. Which in a way is good news for you, because I believe you have a great chance of thickening up your hair again, coz thats all u need, your hairline is awesome! However I noticed on another thread you mentioned you were only using Rogaine Once a day application. Dude no offense but ur shooting yourself in the foot! That is not a good idea. So my only advice to you is follow the directions specifically and apply it twice per day as directed. Without exception! Otherwise you may well be wasting your time or it may even be making things worse. Following instuctions to the letter is very important.

Pereira

Established Member
Reaction score

Maybe i will explain better.

I was going bald, started propecia and minoxidil liquid 1x at nigth. At 4month mark i got awesome results.

69213pereira031month122ff3.jpg
pereira2jy0.jpg

BEFORE .........................................................................................................AFTER

At 4month mark (good hair), because i've red so many great things about foam, i bought some and started foam and quit liquid.
After 3.5month all hair that i've gained with minoxidil liquid fell out and my hair now is the second pic of the first post. Foam don't work with me. Started liquid again.. waiting for results.. :roll:

powersam

Reaction score

why do you not take photos with same lighting?

all these photos are incredibly misleading.