after 7 Years

stnl

Established Member
Reaction score
Is there any chance of a cure like HM? or hair follicle regeneration like the mice were done on? when is stuff like that coming out?

Nick4441

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Intercytex is the closest to making HM happen. We will know results for trials this year. Earliest is next year but unlikely to be widely available and may not be refined to start so realistically for mere mortals next 2-3 yrs we hope will be out.

stnl

Established Member
Reaction score
so ur saying 2-3 years? for hair multiplication?

i dont believe that , because then all these people won't be worried at all. we would be happy.

on balding blog it says 10 years atleast???

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
stnl said:
so ur saying 2-3 years? for hair multiplication?

i dont believe that , because then all these people won't be worried at all. we would be happy.

on balding blog it says 10 years atleast???

I dotn think it would be 10 years...Rassman says that so he can keep his clients coming....he is an hair transplant doctor what do you expect him to say? Oh dont come to me ..wait a few years and get HM?

My guess woudl be 2010-2012

stnl

Established Member
Reaction score
hi man can u provide some evidence or something so i can sleep better?

stnl

Established Member
Reaction score
ok so someone please update on this whole hair multiplication thing, is it something that will grow just a few hair or is it actually something that has worked and will work for sure.

they said ---

" Phase I – Results

Among the 7 subjects that were enrolled for phase I, 5 reported an increase in hair numbers. Dr. Kemp, being one of the test subjects himself, reported an improvement of about 66 new hairs as a result of the 100 injections. Varying degree of hair regeneration was observed among the 5 participants who showed an improvement. Dr. Kemp's results were considered average among the 5 participants. There were volunteers who actually reported greater increase in hair numbers than Dr. Kemp. It is unknown why 2 of the 7 participants did not show any improvement. One possible explanation is the timing of hair cycling.

When asked about the characteristics of the new hairs observed in the test subjects and whether they resembled cosmetically acceptable terminal hairs, Dr. Kemp said it is premature to conclude at this point given that the test area was only 1 sq cm in size. Also, the fact that the test site was shaved in order to facilitate the hair count made it difficult to evaluate the aesthetics quality of the ICX-TRC induced hairs. It is hoped that the final product will deliver cosmetically acceptable results with near “terminal hairâ€￾ quality. More conclusive observations and evidence about the hair characteristics will be available upon the completion of phase 2. "

------ what does that mean? just 7 people? an just a small test area?

it looks like they are hiding information

AND WHEN IS THIS COMING OUT ??? BETTER NOT BE LIKE 15 YEARS OR SOMETHING

michael barry

Reaction score
They shot up nine guys (after promising 20) at the end of last year (even though they led people to believe that they were starting the trial in September). ICX is promising preliminary results "in the middle of this year"------which probably means September or October, because they have been late with everything.

If one or two of the guys grows a good bit of hair (900 injects all over the head, and 100 in a very bald spot 1cm square up front), we may have a winner. Most likely the will fool with three or four different culturing methods and injection densities to find what is best in trials over the next few years.

Rassman is a liar, and doesn't know anymore that anyone who can read ICX's website. He HOPES it will be 10 years. It probably will be later than 2010 before commercially avaliable though. If I guessed, I'd say about 2012 or so if things go fairly well. We will know alot more before the end of this year though because of the "nine".

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
As neither a hair transplant doctor nor a wig manufacturer, I'll go on record that IF "hair multiplication" is successful and approved for consumer receipt, it will be 10+ years. When I say "+" I mean +++.

Don't hang your hopes on this, in my opinion.

barcafan

Reaction score
Optimistically speaking, I would say it'd be at LEAST 5 years until something decent comes out.

scalpt

Reaction score
If I remember correctly phase II is a rolling trial... what they meant by that it seems is that they inject a group, check early results, tweak the method a bit, inject another group, etc. So who knows how long they will be at this Phase II stuff. What's more, don't they need to wait a while and learn how many hair cycles the new multiplied hair grows through? This way they can make sure it's self-sustaining. I can see, then, how although they may have the great breakthrough people are waiting for, that it could take a quite a few years to have a finished product. Please don't be angry with me. This kind of waiting time rains on my parade as much as anyone's. And this is even IF they have the right technique. I hope, of course, that they find tremendous permanent regrowth on the first try, and that they roll product soon!

CCS

Reaction score
If you have a lot of hair loss, wait for HM. I can tell you right now that hair transplant will not do much for a very bald guy. Once you go past NW4, you are looking at thin hair. Yeah, maybe you think that is better than no hair, though. I recommend that people just use dermmatch until HM comes out. Baseball hats also look good. I wish my hair line were a millimeter lower in the center, and 1/4 inch lower in the corners, but I can tell you I'm not sweating the thin areas because dermmatch hides stuff very well there.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
hairwegoagain said:
As neither a hair transplant doctor nor a wig manufacturer, I'll go on record that IF "hair multiplication" is successful and approved for consumer receipt, it will be 10+ years. When I say "+" I mean +++.

Don't hang your hopes on this, in my opinion.

Why would a company in Phase II trials with a product, wait 10+ years to release their product? I can understand an extra year to fine tune the procedure. It doesn't make economic sense.

CCS

Reaction score
I'm just worried how much it will cost. I hope it is less than $15,000 for the front half of the head, at least a year after it comes out. I think it will be hear soon. Why would Bosley pay so much to be sole distributers?

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
my advice to you all is to stop thinking about it, this speculation is completely pointless.

absolutely best possible case; the soonest it could possibly be available is the end of next year. that's all you can say.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
flimflam said:
my advice to you all is to stop thinking about it, this speculation is completely pointless.

absolutely best possible case; the soonest it could possibly be available is the end of next year. that's all you can say.

Despite I try to be optimistic about this, I agree with you. Everyone is clueless about it really and its all speculation. When it comes out, it will come out just when and it's going to change everything. I don't think the first version will make an Norwood 7 an Norwood 2 or 1, but future versions will.

You do live in the UK flimflam, does TRC ever appear in the news on TV? It's obviously going to be released there before the US thanks to the FDA.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DaSand said:
You do live in the UK flimflam, does TRC ever appear in the news on TV? It's obviously going to be released there before the US thanks to the FDA.

I've seen it mentioned once on the bbc news last year, yeah.

I thought it might be available in some other european country first with slacker regulations. like for e.g. one that doesn't require a phase III trial? I dunno, not too clued up on that kinda stuff..

emery

Established Member
Reaction score
i also think it will be 5-10+ yrs before HM is generally avaliable.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
Nick4441 said:

I'm with you, 2008-2010 should be interesting years.