adenosine

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26508659
[h=1]Topical adenosine increases the proportion of thick hair in Caucasian men with androgenetic alopecia.[/h]Iwabuchi T1, Ideta R1, Ehama R1, Yamanishi H1, Iino M1, Nakazawa Y1, Kobayashi T2, Ohyama M3, Kishimoto J1.
[h=3]Author information[/h]

[h=3]Abstract[/h]<abstracttext>Adenosine is an effective treatment for androgenetic alopecia (Androgenetic Alopecia) in Japanese men and women. Adenosine exerts its effects by significantly increasing the proportion of thick hair. In this study, we assessed the clinical outcome of adenosine treatment for 6 months in 38 Caucasian men. The change in proportion of thick hair (≥60 μm) compared with baseline in the adenosine group was significantly higher than that in the placebo group (P < 0.0001). The change in vellus hair proportion (<40 μm) was significantly lower in the adenosine group than that in the placebo group (P = 0.0154). The change in hair density compared with baseline of the adenosine group was also significantly higher compared with that of the placebo group (P = 0.0470). No adverse effects due to treatment were noted during this study by dermatological evaluation. Adenosine is effective in increasing the proportion of thick hair in Caucasian men with Androgenetic Alopecia as well as in Japanese men and women.</abstracttext>
<abstracttext>
</abstracttext>

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

Koga

Established Member
Reaction score
Most people who use it say it they noticed increased thickness. Just a nice little addition to a regimen really.

Are we talking increased thickness or density? Completely different story. Also, if we're talking about thickness, are the individual hairs really thicker or is it just a cosmetic trick? Cause there are a thousand alternatives for the latter.

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I use Adenosine twice a day since 6 month and i really see no changes.
By the way, i aready have thick hair....but no regrowth at all.

I buy my Ade as powder directly and i mix it in an eth/pg vehicle as 1%.

GoodHurr

Reaction score
I had a resting heart rate of 180 + extremely high BP and the paramedics administered 12mg of Adenosine.

Didn't do anything for my hair.

Seuxin

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Lool, it's normal GoodHurr, Adenosine needs to be on your scalp...not by injection..In addition, Ade has a very short half life, and you need to use it twice a day for a long time...

CinnamonRoll

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think one of the big problems with these studies about "adenosine" is that there are three different "adenosine". The most commonly found in nature is ATP Adenosine Triphosphate(D-Ribose). Adenosine Triphosphate has one adenosine and 3 phosphates in this molecule.
ATP is used by cells in the body to store energy.

You can think of ATP as having 4 parts: the A (adenosine) and 3 Ps (the phosphates).
The energy is neither stored in the A or the P's. Instead it is in the BONDS between the molecules. ATP is like a charged battery. When you take off one P, you get adenosine diphosphate or ADP (which is an A and 2 P's) plus an extra P. You also release a bunch of energy that can be used by the cell to do work.

So an ADP is like a battery that has lost some of its charge. You can take off another P and get adenosine monophosphate (AMP). Now we have just one A and one P.

ATP's effect in the body is very different from Adenosine Monophosphate. Your body usually uses AMP for sending signals.

So this is where my question lies, and I have never seen an answer to it.

Which "Adenosine" is being used in these studies? Is ATP, the most common, or AMP? I doubt it is ADP, because the body almost uses it like a hobbled ATP. But ATP and AMP are used totally differently by the body. And my intuition tells me that AMP's signal use makes more sense for hair growth.

Has anyone read more than the abstract on these studies and do they specify if it's ATP or AMP?