Add minoxidil after shed?

Bash

Established Member
Reaction score
I've had an absolutely terrible shed that lasted three months and subsided just two weeks ago. My hair looks like absolute crap in the whole frontal region(lost 30%+ off of top of head) and i need something to kick in some regrowth.

I'm thinking of adding rogaine to my regimen that consists of only 1/4 proscar daily. I've been on finasteride for about 10 months.

Should I add minoxidil? Maybe I'll shed even more, right?? Don't feel like waiting another 2 months to find out that no regrowth has occurred, maybe I'll be able to grow some hair for the summer with the minoxidil. I'm so damn confused. I use dermmatch so the addition of minoxidil is gonna be a b**** time-wise.

If so....which is the best minoxidil product in your opinion? Rogaine, dr. lees? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
get cheapo Walmart minoxidil or any other generic you can get for about 20 dollars per 3month supply.

kosmo

Established Member
Reaction score
sounds like we're in the same situation. im just starting month 10 with propecia and havent seen any results yet.

i had a few huge sheds and decided to add minoxidil in month 7. i did start to see some growth on my temples and hairline but it also gave me really bad side effects so i decided to stop. after stopping minoxidil i had another huge shed and now my hair looks horrible. the brand i was using was called "hair-a-gain" and it was 5% generic minoxidil.

i think the best advice that HairLossTalk.com and others give on this site is to stick with a routine for a full year before making changes.

however, this is also the hardest thing to do when you arent seeing any results. i messed with my dosage in the initial few months and tried using minoxidil and i really regret doing this. it also makes it really difficult to tell if propecia is working when you start adding other things to it before giving it a chance to work.