Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh...

Bash

Established Member
Reaction score
For f*cks sake....are we all being screwed? And don´t give me that reassuring bullshit that it grows out stronger and healthier if you haven´t experienced it...

Yes I am pissed off....I don´t like being lied to. And yes, I knew the risks before popping that pill, but was reassured by some f*ck that the shed is normal, a f*ck that doesn´t even have the desency to tell me that he´s recovered but is just reassuring me to comfort himself.....

I´m simply asking, as a barely sane man, HAS ANYONE RECOVERED from a shed? Anyone? Oh come on...some one must have returned to the baseline before the meds....

If no one replies then we´re all screwed....
...and have been lied to with fancy telogen phase phrases and such crap... subsiding sheds are nice, but has anyone regained the shedded hair?

I´m going to launch a mass law suite against propecia for neither acknowledging nor preparing us for the permanent sheds. If the case is that you don´t recover from a shed, then we´re all screwed as our hair has been shaved off a couple years life span in a copule of freakin weeks...

Weepy

Established Member
Reaction score
I share your frustration. A few days ago or so, I felt good about myself, because I thought my sheds were stopping. But this morning, there were so many hairs. I also realized this morning that the reason why my hair appeared to be thickening a bit was because the hair line was receding towards where I have more hair. I am incredibly depressed.

jeffsss

Reaction score
i've been on propecia since the end of august. my hairline is clearly receeding.

but then again.. I was losing hair pretty rapidly before i got on propecia, so I'm not sure if i can just BLAME propecia. and that'll be their arguement if anyone ever tried to sue them

how long have you been on propecia?

you sure your not just a person who doesnt respond to the drug and your just losing your hair!?

jeffsss

Reaction score
Bash said:
I´m simply asking, as a barely sane man, HAS ANYONE RECOVERED from a shed? Anyone? Oh come on...some one must have returned to the baseline before the meds.....

and that wouldnt make sense anyway.

it takes 3 months minimum to start working. so in those 3 months which would be considered "before meds" you could still be losing hair.

Bash

Established Member
Reaction score
i´ve been on propecia for about 9 months....during the first five MONTHS, my hair was just fine...actually it looked even healthier than when i started...

which contradicts your three months theory...

then approximately four months ago i started to shed, and its been a steady shed which has resulted in a massive loss of hair, i´m thinner than ever... Today every time i´d run my hand through my hair i´d have 4-5 hairs, so i run my hand times ---> 25 hairs...

the issue here was to find if anyone has recovered from a shed, so my question AGAIN is, has anyone fully recovered from a shed?

shoRt sHanKs

Reaction score
Same boat as you Bash...in month 10 on Propecia/minoxidil. Shed at month 3-5. 5-8 shedding stopped. No regrowth however. Month 9-Present...yep shedding again! Running my hand through my hair is depressing becauses it's so thin so I try not to do it, but yea I'm garaunteed 5-10 hairs on every pass. Wet it, holy Sh$% 20+ per pass.

damnthis

Established Member
Reaction score
My hair also improved the first five months then it started shedding, the shedding has stopped now (I'm in month 10 of usage) for a couple of weeks already,the difference in daily amount of loss is huge.

Read my story by clicking the link below

good luck

dek

Reaction score
yeah, so no one is really responding to the initial post, similar to how every thread is done at the site. Bash, you should try to ask people on another area of the site. Since everything has been divided, a horrible idea if you ask me, no one who is experiencing a shed will come to the "Shedding Shedding Shedding" area, therfore if they experienced a shed and recovered they'd be posting somewhere else. Unfortunately your post will probably just get moved back here right away anyway, but just an idea

SE-freak

Reaction score
dek said:
yeah, so no one is really responding to the initial post, similar to how every thread is done at the site.
I don't quite get the reason for this generalization. I think this is one of the most informative sites ever.

Bash, you should try to ask people on another area of the site. Since everything has been divided, a horrible idea if you ask me,
I think it was a brilliant idea. Much more organized and effective if you are in search for information.

no one who is experiencing a shed will come to the "Shedding Shedding Shedding" area,
eh?

therfore if they experienced a shed and recovered they'd be posting somewhere else.
I am here posting and I am not currently shedding. I think you are wrong.

Unfortunately your post will probably just get moved back here right away anyway, but just an idea.
Again, the division into thematic categories has much to offer to those who are seeking info which is a far more superior goal to getting your posts popular. Every regimen is different so people want to focus on a specific subject and not float in a sea of irrelevant posts.

Bash

Established Member
Reaction score
Crap.....so I might have been right all along. Lookin at the regrowth poll, one word comes to mind..

Damn.

Freestyle

Established Member
Reaction score
You guys are dicks. Seriously.

You haven't even given the treatment a year, and you're already proclaiming the end of the world like a bunch of fear-mongering sissies.

Jeffsss; you're the worst of them all. You've been on goddamned Propecia for almost no time at all, yet you're already certain it has given you tits and made your hair fall out faster.

The res of you are going through sheds.

Here's my response from another thread:

------------------------------------

I would hazard a guess that mostly terminal complainers participated in that poll. Or trolls with multiple accounts here.

Propecia does not kill your hair!

A shed is just the forcing of hairs that were reaching the end of their cycles to fall out a little earlier.

If these healthy, pigmented hairs are shed, they will grow back! Propecia is not killing the hair and making it fall out forever. That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

When you 'lose' hair, it's not just dropping out, never to return. It slowly (or quickly) thins, gets shorter, loses pigment and finally falls out, never to return. And this doesn't happen in one hair cycle -- it takes a few hair cycles for a hair to go from healthy to completely dead. We're talking literally years.

That's why some people who have big bald spots are amazed when they start growing hair there on treatments. They may not have seen any hairs there for a few years, but the follice isn't dead yet and can still slowly come back on treatments.

If you shed a large amount of noticeable, healthy hair, it will return on the next cycle. That may take 1-2 months, but it will come back. The treatment hasn't fried your follicles -- they're still there under the surface, getting ready to push a new hair through.

Now, maybe that new hair is shorter, weaker and less pigmented than the old one. Maybe you're still yet to respond fully to the Propecia (takes 12-24 months for the full effects), or maybe you're just one of the unlucky ones that doesn't respond to Propecia at all (very slim chance).

And even in that case of you not responding to Propecia, it certainly isn't accelerating your hair loss. Your hair will fall out at the same rate it was going to anyway.

When you 'shed' healthy hairs, they return. Full stop. Unless there's some medical condition you have, but that's unlikely.

If the shed hairs come back smaller, weaker and less pigmented, then that sucks. but it was going to happen anyway. And those hairs will still take a year or so to die off anyway.

So don't listen to these assholes who are trying to warn you off whatever treatments, just because they failed to give the treatments their due course and want to incite fear-mongering.

You're either gonna keep your hair on Propecia, or it's going to fall out the same way it was destined to.

But you won't know until you try it.

----------------------------------------------------

So look at the facts behind sheds and stop being a bunch of f*****g babies.

Either that, or get the hell off Propecia and go bald.

Either way; quit posting this fear-mongering bullshit. It's pissing old poster soff and driving new posters away from the only real chance they have.

Bash

Established Member
Reaction score
niiiiiiiiice....great pep talk homes.

WE fear inciting mongers haven't heard all these facts before... seriously, like no sh*t einstein. We don't want to believe all the good stuff cause we like scaring people off of treatments, we got A LOT to gain from that.

Yup, we're doing this for fun...

Have u had any regrowth on propecia following a shed? If not, come back when u do and calm us down.

jeffsss

Reaction score
Bash said:
niiiiiiiiice....great pep talk homes.

WE fear inciting mongers haven't heard all these facts before... seriously, like no $#iT einstein. We don't want to believe all the good stuff cause we like scaring people off of treatments, we got A LOT to gain from that.

Yup, we're doing this for fun...

Have u had any regrowth on propecia following a shed? If not, come back when u do and calm us down.

seriously.

Freestyle

Established Member
Reaction score
I have had regrowth after a big shed. Great regrowth. In fact, I try and mention it in every thread I post in if there's room for it.

But you guys don't care. YOU DON'T LISTEN! All that matters is how terrible things are for YOU right now. Waaaaah. We've all been through it. And we rode it out.

And for all I care; you guys can go bald if you just want to sit around and post a topic a minute about how bad Propecia is and how the end of the world is nigh.

I don't need to pep talk anyone. I try and reply as informatively as I can when topics like these pop up, but now I'm just sick of it. Not because it's the same crap over and over again, but because your fear-mongering crap is influencing new people who've come here to research hair loss. I have no doubt in my mind that you guys have turned more than one person off Propecia.

Seriously...just shut up and get on with it.

Or register BaldTalk.com, because you're gonna need somewhere to talk in 12 months because you listened to dicks like these guys.

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
Freestyle

How far into your treatments was your shed? I had one at the onset probably from minoxidil and now I am having another at the 6 month mark. Yeah things may be slightly worse than baseline for me, but I think I am responding and that is all I can expect this early into my treatments.

Freestyle

Established Member
Reaction score
Dinzy said:
Freestyle

How far into your treatments was your shed? I had one at the onset probably from minoxidil and now I am having another at the 6 month mark. Yeah things may be slightly worse than baseline for me, but I think I am responding and that is all I can expect this early into my treatments.

I had a shed at roughly the 7th month mark on Propecia. From other users posting their experiences, it sounds about accurate that a shed typically occurs anywhere between 6-10 months. Not everyone gets them, but this timeframe sounds about accurate for those who do.

If you think you're responding, then you probably are...especially considering the distorted view hair loss sufferers have of their hair and any improvements.

Take pictures every couple of months.

And stick with it. Don't buy into these scare tactics.

Freestyle

Established Member
Reaction score
jeffsss said:
Freestyle said:

Yea, because that's our goal :roll:

It seems to be YOUR goal.

Otherwise you wouldn't be jumping in every two seconds with your negative/false opinions.

If you're not trying to scare people, then quit posting this crap about how bad everything is and how nobody ever recovers from sheds. Because you're either the most uninformed person on the planet, or a stubborn a**h** who wants to drag everyone down into his misery.

jeffsss

Reaction score
Freestyle said:
jeffsss said:
Freestyle said:

Yea, because that's our goal :roll:

It seems to be YOUR goal.

Otherwise you wouldn't be jumping in every two seconds with your negative/false opinions.

brother I just speak the truth.

I'm not saying that propecia works or if it doesnt work. I'm on it so I still have a little faith in it.

Freestyle said:
If you're not trying to scare people, then quit posting this crap about how bad everything is and how nobody ever recovers from sheds. Because you're either the most uninformed person on the planet, or a stubborn a**h** who wants to drag everyone down into his misery.

I see people say that people are supposed to recover from sheds.. but it's like 1 in 50 posts... and according to the poll recently.. an overwhelming 52% didnt recover at all.

now... who am i supposed to believe? doctors who just read what merck writes.. or real people who have used the drug and are reporting on it?

I believe both, both parties i'm sure are 100% confident.

I'm not an a**h** nor stubborn. I'm desperate... and I think eveyrone should be informed of what they could expect if they pop a pill.