A Question Regarding Fue Transplant... (reshaping The Neck Hair Line)

Heino

Experienced Member
My Regimen
I sometimes wonder.... regarding FUE: couldn't they just use all the hairs of the lower part of the back of the head (called "neck" *lol*). Practically reshaping the neck hair line... it would definitely provide way more grafts, wouldn't it!? For example my neck hair reaches way down to the upper back. Why not use it all?

https://abload.de/img/neck-kopie3pjqv.png

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Lol in other words, you just want fut
But a more specific answer, there are several points:
1. The area at the very bottom can still be considered at the "risk zone" which means you can lose those hairs too with time
2. One of the advantages of fue is that the doctor choose the specific grafts to use, he chooses them by graft quality and number of hairs on it. You cant just limit him to harvest all the grafts from a defined area
3. What even the point of it? Why not just go for fut? Or just the standard fue? If you talking scar wise, isnt it better that the scars from fue will be blended into your hair and practically undetectable, rather then a whole scarred area on your bare skin?

Heino

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Lol in other words, you just want fut
Basically "FUT" without the scar ^^

But a more specific answer, there are several points:
1. The area at the very bottom can still be considered at the "risk zone" which means you can lose those hairs too with time
2. One of the advantages of fue is that the doctor choose the specific grafts to use, he chooses them by graft quality and number of hairs on it. You cant just limit him to harvest all the grafts from a defined area
3. What even the point of it? Why not just go for fut? Or just the standard fue? If you talking scar wise, isnt it better that the scars from fue will be blended into your hair and practically undetectable, rather then a whole scarred area on your bare skin?
Thanks for the information. I didn't know that there is a safe zone and that the area beneath the safe zone might be considered as risk zone...

FUT is kinda interesting, but the scar will prevent a short hair cut at the back... that's why I rather dismiss FUT.

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Basically "FUT" without the scar ^^

Thanks for the information. I didn't know that there is a safe zone and that the area beneath the safe zone might be considered as risk zone...

FUT is kinda interesting, but the scar will prevent a short hair cut at the back... that's why I rather dismiss FUT.
Ye there is the scar thing, but if you go to top class FUT surgeon it will be really minor. I have seen FUT patients with invisible scar even with very short haircut (not buzz, but almost)