A minoxidil warning - Evidence minoxidil causes eye circles, wrinkles and bad skin

marco75

Established Member
Reaction score
Just aged to my early 40s

I think its always tricky to pin point so called dark circles but its possibly I had them before I started the big 3 certainly when I was 24-25 and still young no real dark circles.

Maybe its just that old age kicking in ha !

Use Sisley products, they are expensive but transform your skin.

marco75

Established Member
Reaction score
A £1 under eye make up pen from asda still working ok;) but thanks for info can see sisley creams for £475 wowsers

Yeah its not cheap, but people willing to spend hundreds to grow a few more hairs and neglect the part you women look at first. I earn good money so for me it's easily affordable.

FBaldy

Reaction score
Yup its 100% true women do transfix on hair on men !

Am considering going back on big 3 again and maybe in future get a hair transplant if money comes my way!

FBaldy

Reaction score
There has been several big threads on here in regards to dark circles but yeah no concrete proof minoxidil really does create dark circles.

Its possible after a few years of using treatments and people may recall themselves looking better or with less dark circles in their youth, I thought so too but nope its just getting old !

Hair drama

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all. I have been on minoxidil after experience severe hairloss after using a harsh relaxant.

I noticed the wrinkles within a month of beginning minoxidil 2 %. I then googled and i am worried now after coming across so many threads. It needs to be noted that I didn't Google first. I saw this first hand and then looked to research.

I am going to quit the minoxidil. I always had a young looking face. I cannot risk continuing and aging 10 years in a month.

Anyone knows if the forehead and wrinkling around the eyes will go away.
I am hoping yes. How long will itvtake to disappear.

Please help
Desperate

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes they go away if they were purely minoxidil related.

After a month of use I had wrinkles around my eyes. I halved the dose and applied it very carefully to ensure none got anywhere but my head. After a few weeks the wrinkles lessened and they were gone after a month.

Giiizmo

Established Member
Reaction score
Minoxidil can cause facial oedema and is a vasodilatator. If there is fluid retention around your eyes, they will appear puffy, leading to strain on the surrounding skin tissues, thus creating "wrinkles". If there is increased blood flow due to vasodilatation, the thin skin under your eyes will indirectly show your dilated veins underneath it, making for a darker skin tone.

People experiencing chronic insomnia know these symptoms well. The symptoms dissipate once whatever caused them goes away.

I still haven't found anything tangible about minoxidil causing "true" wrinkles or permanent dark eyes but I'm keeping an eye open. Maybe minoxidil increases angiogenesis and creates new veins under the eyes?

Hair drama

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes they go away if they were purely minoxidil related.

After a month of use I had wrinkles around my eyes. I halved the dose and applied it very carefully to ensure none got anywhere but my head. After a few weeks the wrinkles lessened and they were gone after a month.
Thank you so much smooth

otis

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My story...started losing since about 20, tried minoxidil for about a year.. seemed to work well but was causing what I beleived to be lines/darkness under my eyes. My hair wasnt THAT bad back then so I gave up minoxidil. I dont beleive the dark circles ever 100% went away but they definitely did mostly. Flash forward to 26 and my hair was much much worse..desperation lead me to minoxidil again. Fairly quickly it started to give me rings but I stuck with it because it was working so well on my hair.. everything was filling out dramatically, so I put up with the sides..they seemed bareable. 1 year on and my face now looks like ****. I wasnt paying much attention.. i wear glasses and was preoccupied with how well it was recovering my hair.. but here's the evidence (albeit taken in different environment but still both front lit). The results are undeniable. Everytime I look in the mirror in the morning these days Im like... wow I look like %^&*.

http://oi58.tinypic.com/2hqgz7b.jpg (a before/after exactly 1 year after resuming minoxidil)

So obviously, Im going to go back off minoxidil and just hope I can replenish my skin. Im using retinol and trying to stay healthy. I'd prefer to be blading and looking vital than semi-balding and looking like death. Been on finasteride & topical spironolactone for about 6 months - does anyone know if this also causes this problem??

f--kin drugs.. should've shaved my head 5 years ago. So the moral of the story is be warned.. if you start to notice minoxidil wrecking your face, it IS a real side effect for some and it will only get worse. Just take that into consideration.

There is no difference the only thing is that one picture is magnified.
Minoxidil does not change the face