A Horrible Habit

Doom

Reaction score
I have a really bad habit of analyzing my hair using a hand held mirror in conjunction with an on the wall mirror and examining my hair from every possible angle. The view from above is the one that horrifies me the most. When properly styled my hair looks okay. Most people would probably think I was crazy complaining about hair loss. But it's definitely thinner. All guys know when their hair is thinning. I noticed when the bangs that used to fall in front of my face slowly disappeared. Now those bangs, if they fall at all, are mere wisps of hair. I don't know what the hell has happened. Just this summer my hair seemed fine. But now it seems like a good part of it has vanished. And I never even noticed any sheds. I can see scalp closeup using my hand held mirror. Recently in a three way mirror at a department store I didn't notice any under the bright light when my hair was styled normally. But if I get a haircut I may be doomed. I may be finally exposed !!!

:freaked2:

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
Mate you've come to the right place.

Probably half of the members here have a similar phobia and are dealing with the same problems. I know I am.
These forums help a lot...

Your taking the right medication, all you need is some patience and time.

It will get better mate, and then you'll be like tons of other members that drift off never to return to this site. Your taking a drug that has 82% success rate - that's pretty high. And if you combine some minoxidil down the track, well u get the picture.

Remember, you have a lot of people here who understand and will do their best to help you.

YoungAndThin

Established Member
Reaction score
I feel you. I also stand in front of the bathroom mirror holding a hand mirror and examine my hair from every possible angle.

random32

Reaction score
hellohello said:

Probably half of the members here have a similar phobia and are dealing with the same problems. I know I am.

It will get better mate, and then you'll be like tons of other members that drift off never to return to this site. Your taking a drug that has 82% success rate - that's pretty high. And if you combine some minoxidil down the track, well u get the picture.

Remember, you have a lot of people here who understand and will do their best to help you.

Lovely post!

random32

Reaction score
random32 said:
hellohello said:

Lovely post!

Edit: I didn't mean that sarcastically, that was genuinely a heart-warming post!