6 months, finasteride is workin like a charm.

dantericci

Reaction score
Just another quick update/encouragement for finasteride users:

I'm 23 y/o, thinning and receding, I'd say Norwood 2.5ish? I've been taking 1.25mg/day finasteride (1/4 Fincar) for the past 6 months, and so far I'm really pleased with the results. I'm afraid I don't have pictures to show, but I can tell you that, after an initial shed, I've been amazed to see cessation of loss as well as regrowth! Tracking the regrowth is like pressing rewind on my hairline... the hair I lost is growing back, with the most recently lost hairs coming back first. I've had noticeable regrowth along the frontal scalp, somewhat on the temples, and on the crown.

I'm certainly pleased, and I'm considering adding minoxidil to the mix to add a little more oompf to my regimen (and to enhance the potential for regrowth). For those of you just starting finasteride, give it time! I came outrageously close to throwing in the towel and/or shaving it all off before I noticed results, and the shedding was miserable... but stick with it; that's the hardest thing to do.

Good luck!

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Alright! only 6 months and noticeably results... that's great!

I started Avodart 6 weeks ago, and I've just recently been noticing a bunch of hairs after shampooing!

I cut my hair down to a 1/4" (6mm) and omg, it's so thin all over again! I thought I had a good thing going for me.

Just like dantericci said, sheds are terrible. But, we have to ride them out!