5 Months On Finasteride And Experiencing Weak Erection

BrightMystery

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi all, so i've been using Finasteride regularly for about 5 months now and currently experiencing both significant loss of libido and a weak erection. I've been prescribed the 5mg Finasteride and split them to take a daily dose of around 0.25 mg (Anything above 0.5 mg really hits hard and puts my junk to sleep). I sometimes get morning wood randomly but it's short lived. Upon starting, my crown and frontal scalp hair was really filling in nicely almost immediately but the side effects caught up and now I would say my libido loss is now at around 60% (hasn't gotten worse or better over the last 3 months). The little hair that I did gain initially has fallen out and my progress looks super slow.

Currently, I still do have my sexual urges and needs and am able to climax normally and stay somewhat erect during sex but the drug has definitely taken its toll and it's discomforting. One thing I have noticed is that my dosage isn't always 0.25 mg, some days its a little less and a little more don't know if that changes things much though..

So my question is how do I best maintain or increase my sex drive while on this drug? Should I stop the drug completely after 5 months of no improvement or should I continue on? My hairloss is really aggressive and using minoxidil only is not enough i'm super scared to lose what little I have already. For the record I am a Norwood 4 with significant hair loss around the hairline and crown area.

Last edited:

BrightMystery

My Regimen
Reaction score
Same here, no wait, my case is worse. 10 months and no libido and no erections at all. Always better than being bald.

Dude no way..sorry to hear this. I could never handle that sh*t, i'd quit it immediately and either pursue a hair op right away or just live with being bald.

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How are u splitting 5 mg into .25. If u want a lower dose try micro dosing with a solution. It must be hard to split one pill into 8 and even that would be .62 not .25 and it would vary each piece.