4.5 Months - Treatment Working - Results

Tinkwetax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would you say that derma rolling has been beneficial?

It's hard to tell as I started it not too long after finasteride/min. I would like to think it's making a difference and I've seen people on these forums get results from derma rolling alone. I have reduced rolling from 1 to 2 weeks in the past months, though. I find it very uncomfortable and it leaves my hair looking terrible for about 2-3 days afterwards.

Last edited:

Gary Ferguson

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's hard to tell as I started it not too long after finasteride/min. I would like to think it's making a difference and I've seen people on these forums get results from derma rolling alone. I have reduced rolling from 1 to 2 weeks in the past month, though. I find it very uncomfortable and it leaves my hair looking terrible for about 2-3 days afterwards.
Okay cheers

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does the liquid minoxidil leave your scalp with flakes? or really dry?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
7 month update.

I stopped dermarolling for the last four weeks. More of an experiment if anything, to see if was actually contributing to my growth. Since then I've noticed that I've been shedding a lot more. This could be down to a finastride cycle or perhaps I was actually benefiting from derma rolling. Is it a coincidence that my shed started right about the same time that I stopped? I'm not sure.

Either way it's clear I've lost ground in the last month. I'll start rolling again this week.

Comparison photos of last month and today.

Dermarolling is definitely a must with minoxidil these days, should take nizorals place as the big three, congrats on your results.

Bk98

My Regimen
Reaction score
If ya dont mind me asking, where does your libido currently stand? I'm debating on hopping aboard this Finasteride band wagon however the thought of sexual dysfunction freaks me out...
When it was low, did you experience ed? Any info would be sweet
Thanks man, and nice results.

NarWhal7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Incredible results!

I've been on Big 3 for 11 months, been rolling for 8 months, I had started regrowth as well without the needling so I don't know how much the needling has helped me but I've regrown a lot. I started at NW7.

I do recommend getting nizoral, no sides, can't hurt only help fight the DHT battle in your scalp.

@Bk98 Finasteride can have different effects on people. I've seen many people report increase in libido, I am one of those people. I feel like I have boosted confidence and mood as well. It's a dice roll so only go on it if you need to.

Tinkwetax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If ya dont mind me asking, where does your libido currently stand? I'm debating on hopping aboard this Finasteride band wagon however the thought of sexual dysfunction freaks me out...
When it was low, did you experience ed? Any info would be sweet
Thanks man, and nice results.

Yeah I'll be honest with you, it's been a bit of a roller coaster ride from the beginning. One week it's ok, the next it's bad again.

The first three month's were definitely the worst. My mood was extremely low and my sex drive suffered a lot. Since then things have picked up but I don't feel like the same person I was before I started the treatment. As for ED; erections are definitely harder to get (no pun intended). I feel like I really have to concentrate to maintain one. When I drink alcohol while on this medication, sex is out of the question.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
13 month update.

If you told me a year ago my hair would look like this, I would have laughed it off. It's been a hell of a bumpy ride in terms of side effects gained from Finasteride but in the end I'm glad I stuck it out.

I haven't dermarolled in about 4 months. In my opinion it's a waste of time and doesn't do a thing besides inflict unecessary pain upon yourself. Without it, my hair has still been making progress and I've had no setbacks.

Here's to what will hopefully be another 13 months of positive results!

View attachment 131841 View attachment 131841 View attachment 131842 View attachment 131843 View attachment 131844 View attachment 131845 View attachment 131846

Fantastic results, you can go out and enjoy your hair and stop posting on this forum now lol

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great results keep us updated for sure, maybe every 3-6 months if you don't mind. Best of luck!

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
19 month update.

finasteride + minoxidil (night time only) each day, that's it. As I haven't been on this forum in months I'm not sure if dermarolling is still a thing. It shouldn't be, it doesn't work. It causes unnecessary pain and it is time consuming. I'm glad I dropped it when I did, and my results have been better than ever. My hair is thicker and healthier than its ever been for many years and I reckon I'm good for the foreseeable future.

If I looked back almost two years and and thought I'd look this way now, I wouldn't have believed it. After many ups and downs with finasteride, I'm glad I stuck it out and I urge anyone else to do the same.

My next update will be on the two year mark. Hope everyone is doing well.
wow

do you still suffer from any libido/ed issues?

Gregor59

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think its just min result. If you want try, quit min for 6 months and see result.

TDE97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
19 month update.

finasteride + minoxidil (night time only) each day, that's it. As I haven't been on this forum in months I'm not sure if dermarolling is still a thing. It shouldn't be, it doesn't work. It causes unnecessary pain and it is time consuming. I'm glad I dropped it when I did, and my results have been better than ever. My hair is thicker and healthier than its ever been for many years and I reckon I'm good for the foreseeable future.

If I looked back almost two years and and thought I'd look this way now, I wouldn't have believed it. After many ups and downs with finasteride, I'm glad I stuck it out and I urge anyone else to do the same.

My next update will be on the two year mark. Hope everyone is doing well.

Just wondering, when did your diffuse hair loss start? And what age did it happen if you don't mind telling?

I think its just min result. If you want try, quit min for 6 months and see result.

Min doesn't give that kind of thickness in the long run. His hair is thicker and healthier because of finasteride.

Tinkwetax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just wondering, when did your diffuse hair loss start? And what age did it happen if you don't mind telling?

Min doesn't give that kind of thickness in the long run. His hair is thicker and healthier because of finasteride.

I first noticed it around 25. The thinning got quite bad between 28-30. I'm 32 now.

Tinkwetax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
that's good to hear, and has minoxidil ever given you any sides? like hair in unwanted places, dark circle of aging of the skin?

When I first started the minoxidil treatment, for 2-3 months I went through a shedding phase, which was expected. But then again I did start finasteride at the same time so I imagine the shed was a lot worse than it should have been.

The only other side effect I've experienced was if I applied it just before I went to sleep, my heart rate would beat rapidly for an hour or so and I could hear it ringing in my ears. So I always apply it 2-3 hours before bedtime now and haven't experienced any problems.