3 months on Propecia

Dreamatek

Reaction score
I've been on propecia for 3 months now, the last 3 weeks I've been losing twice as much hair. I am so stressed over it. My hair was already shedding 40+ a day before I got on it. Now I'm 80+! Should I get off of it? I don't see any knew growth, in fact, I've been losing the healthiest hair I have and the newer hairs that were growing back before I got on it.
If I get off the stuff soon. What can I do to get the Propecia out of my system? Can 3 or 4 months on it be too late, and I'll be all screwed up? This so sucks. I'm losing hair all on top of my head drastically, it's not just in one spot.

I'm 25 and I've been losing hair for the last 2 and half years.
I'm currently using Nizoral and Propecia and daily multivitamens.

G

Look, sorry to get aggresive, but are you thick?

Haven't you read about the time span with regards to propecia?

If you was expecting re-growth after 3 months then you were kidding yourself.

If you don't stay on it for the required time 8months - 1 year, then you're wasting your time and money.

I'm going through the same. Ive been on it for 2 months and 10 days. I'm still losing it, but I'm going to give it the required time. How old are you? I've just turned 23. This is supposed to be the best time of my life, but I'm going through the same crap as most on here. It is stressful and it does reck your social life, but ride it out for 1 year, then decide if it isnt working.

btw, what are you? I'm almost a norwood 3, who 2 years ago has great hair.

I bet you still have loads of hair!

The way I'm going about it is, if I do se results at the end of this then I'll be getting surgery.

G

Dreamatek said:
I've been on propecia for 3 months now, the last 3 weeks I've been losing twice as much hair. I am so stressed over it. My hair was already shedding 40+ a day before I got on it. Now I'm 80+! Should I get off of it? I don't see any knew growth, in fact, I've been losing the healthiest hair I have and the newer hairs that were growing back before I got on it.
If I get off the stuff soon. What can I do to get the Propecia out of my system? Can 3 or 4 months on it be too late, and I'll be all screwed up? This so sucks. I'm losing hair all on top of my head drastically, it's not just in one spot.

I'm 25 and I've been losing hair for the last 2 and half years.
I'm currently using Nizoral and Propecia and daily multivitamens.

Add Minoxidil to your routine. 5% twice a day.

And yes, it MAY take as long as 8 months or so to get rocking. It did for me but it was worth it.

Stay the course.

Dreamatek

Reaction score
I see some people have great results with Rogaine. 2 and a half years ago I used it, because of watching the commercials I thought I should to prevent ending up like my dad.
I took it off and on for 6 months, my hair started shedding, which it never did before, I thought it was stress, I never went to any of these forums so I thought it wasn't working, I got off of Rogaine. The beginning of last year I got back on Rogaine, over 3-4 months my hair receeded and was shedding horribly, I called Rogaine and they told me to get off of the product, they said I was having an adverse reaction to it, that it actually kicked in my hairloss. I have seen 3 different Dermatologists, they're of course all baffled and don't know whats wrong with me.
I'll stay on Propecia through month 4, (another month), but I'm just losing too much hair to keep on it.

Already shedding quite a bit before getting on Propecia? And then Propecia made them shed even more? But your hair eventually did stop?
Thanks.

Olorin

Established Member
Reaction score
Take 5 pills a day. That should stop teh shedding. It's also a great way to prevent gyno. Good luck.

Dreamatek

Reaction score
5 pills a day! Of Propecia! Dude that's a lot of money man.

bombscience

Reaction score
Dreamatek said:
I see some people have great results with Rogaine. 2 and a half years ago I used it, because of watching the commercials I thought I should to prevent ending up like my dad.
I took it off and on for 6 months, my hair started shedding, which it never did before, I thought it was stress, I never went to any of these forums so I thought it wasn't working, I got off of Rogaine. The beginning of last year I got back on Rogaine, over 3-4 months my hair receeded and was shedding horribly, I called Rogaine and they told me to get off of the product, they said I was having an adverse reaction to it, that it actually kicked in my hairloss. I have seen 3 different Dermatologists, they're of course all baffled and don't know whats wrong with me.
I'll stay on Propecia through month 4, (another month), but I'm just losing too much hair to keep on it.

Already shedding quite a bit before getting on Propecia? And then Propecia made them shed even more? But your hair eventually did stop?
Thanks.

Rogaine actually said that to you?! That right there is some scary stuff.

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
Olorin said:
Take 5 pills a day. That should stop teh shedding. It's also a great way to prevent gyno. Good luck.

:laugh:

G

Dreamatek said:

Thanks.

The issue here is on and off on and off. As I indicated before, you need to get on the big three and stay on them without fail. You will likely shed which is exactly not the time to drop the drugs.

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
if i remember correctly, merk's site claimed most men will see results by the 3 month mark. So the poster's inquiry was valid. No need to be harsh gunner. Prick

G

Stabber said:
if i remember correctly, merk's site claimed most men will see results by the 3 month mark. So the poster's inquiry was valid. No need to be harsh gunner. Prick

Is that my son I see in your avatar?

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
BruceLee said:
Stabber said:

It certainly is :rockon:

G

Stabber said:
BruceLee said:
Stabber said:

Good looking kid! Takes after the old man!

Olorin

Established Member
Reaction score
I saw them taking a stroll down the street the other day. They're a spitting image.

Lizzad

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You need to give propecia atleast 8-12 months if your serious about taking it. Minoxidil maybe 6 months, and add some Nizoral to your regimen. :hairy:

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
BruceLee said:
Stabber said:
BruceLee said:
Stabber said:

yes he was. ashame what happened. eerie even now when I watch The Crow

G

Stabber said:
BruceLee said:
Stabber said:
BruceLee said:
Stabber said:

yes he was. ashame what happened. eerie even now when I watch The Crow

Yes, Great movie. I expected great things from Brandon. Sometimes, life does suck!

8O

Dreamatek

Reaction score
I'll stick with Propecia a little longer. You are all very encouraging about it. Has anyone had luck using Propecia and Revivogen?

And yes, Rogaine did tell me that I was having an adverse reaction to it. They said that Rogaine can jump start your heriditary baldness or it will help prevent it. So maybe if I stuck with it for another 2 months, maybe the massive shed would have stopped. All I know for a fact is, I didn't get most of my hair I lost from Rogaine back and my hair line receeded about half an inch from the stuff.

bombscience

Reaction score
Dreamatek said:
I'll stick with Propecia a little longer. You are all very encouraging about it. Has anyone had luck using Propecia and Revivogen?

And yes, Rogaine did tell me that I was having an adverse reaction to it. They said that Rogaine can jump start your heriditary baldness or it will help prevent it. So maybe if I stuck with it for another 2 months, maybe the massive shed would have stopped. All I know for a fact is, I didn't get most of my hair I lost from Rogaine back and my hair line receeded about half an inch from the stuff.

Wow.. can someone confirm these claims? I have a gut feeling (maybe a gay one, but a gut one) that rogaine has jump-started something for me as this man describes. A 4 week shed? Is that unheard of? I have really jacked up my hair since May.

I am especially concerned cause i look at fallen hairs and I see 2 inches of absolute health and then less than a cm of thinning, and then the root. Almost like the last 1-2months of growth has halted...