28, Big 3

hopeandpray

Reaction score
Tough call ever saying success story. I mean, of course my hair is not as good as it was when I was 20 and treatments could stop working but I'm happy with current status. Losing hair is like being a recovering crack addict, it's always in you, you just need to control the problem but it could come back any day. Started thinning at 24, I care a great deal about my looks. Always had thin hair. first year bought propecia from Canada, then needed a prescription so got some shady proscar off the web. About 3 months ago my Doctor completely hooked me up and put me on a prescription for proscar so I get it for like $30, and that lasts me 3 months. I've been consistant on Rogaine although I'm not sure it works. I use Nizoral once a week . Guess my post sounds like a broken record of other posters. My chick and I call my head of hair my science project. I honestly try not to miss a treatment and I can say the sh*t has helped. My hair looks pretty good. Def key to nip the bud before it's a problem. My recommadtion is step it up, go to a dr that will presrible Proscar, use Rogaine twice a day. JUST DO IT....it helps.

the_beast

Established Member
Reaction score
Great to hear a good story once in a while. I'm glad you are holding your own with your treatment. Good luck to you!

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
The topical dutasteride idea may offer greater hope just around the corner, we need to look at the big D subject in more depth.
Boru

Britannia

Reaction score
Boru said:
The topical dutasteride idea may offer greater hope just around the corner, we need to look at the big D subject in more depth.
Boru

As Ive said many times before, topical dutasteride would be unlikely to be an effective hairloss treatment and if it was then it would be because of systemic absorption of the drug. So it would be of very little benefit to apply it topically. Had topical dutasteride have been an option, GKS would certainely have explored this option as opposed to the oral option they explored and abandoned.

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
Britannia said:
Boru said:
Boru

As Ive said many times before, topical dutasteride would be unlikely to be an effective hairloss treatment and if it was then it would be because of systemic absorption of the drug. So it would be of very little benefit to apply it topically. Had topical dutasteride have been an option, GKS would certainely have explored this option as opposed to the oral option they explored and abandoned.

Are you a scientist? Can you see into the future? Around 1900 the director of the USA patent office said something like, "Everything that can be invented, has been invented." You sound like that bloke.
Boru

Aplunk1

Reaction score
In this case, I agree with Britannia. Any results seen from the topical application of Dutasteride would probably be due to systemic absorbtion. The structures (androgen receptors) that are responsible for hair loss are inside the follicles, themselves, and dutasteride would have to have an effect on the entire system in order to receive any benefit.

This is just my two cents.

However, I dont see any harm in one taking finasteride, and applying topic dutasteride to see further benefits.

I myself am taking dutasteride.