21 Year Old Shedding 6 Months On Finasteride

Youngerman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am 21 and have been experiencing hair loss since I turned 19. I started finasteride 6 months ago and have seen constant shedding. The shedding began the day after I started and although it is not as intense as it was the first couple of months I am still losing 200 hairs a day at least. Shower shedding is the worst (losing 50-100 hairs in the shower sometimes) My hair has taken a pretty big hit all over as I have probably lost 20 % density. I have seen a lot of other forum posts about shedding never stopping on finasteride and I am scared. There is always the "wait a year and see how it goes" and I will probably stick with it but if there is any advice from you guys (switch to dutasteride, go on RU, nizoral) let me know. Please help thanks guys

jimmypage

Reaction score
I am 21 and have been experiencing hair loss since I turned 19. I started finasteride 6 months ago and have seen constant shedding. The shedding began the day after I started and although it is not as intense as it was the first couple of months I am still losing 200 hairs a day at least. Shower shedding is the worst (losing 50-100 hairs in the shower sometimes) My hair has taken a pretty big hit all over as I have probably lost 20 % density. I have seen a lot of other forum posts about shedding never stopping on finasteride and I am scared. There is always the "wait a year and see how it goes" and I will probably stick with it but if there is any advice from you guys (switch to dutasteride, go on RU, nizoral) let me know. Please help thanks guys

Hey mate, I'm 22 and started 9 months ago finasteride (when I was 21). Ive just posted my experience after this time (nothing good, btw).

For me was like you, eternal shedding, lost densitty at a rate much higher that without finasteride. Next year same date I will have to shave my head if keep this rate.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Hi Youngerman, do you have an update?

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Please, i am in the same situation and could use some advice.