2020 And We Still Have The Same Shitty Treatments From Decades Ago

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Retard, obesity rising is PRECISELY what hereditary means, we see it worsen from gen to gen and predisposition passes down.
So now you are a geneticist too? Ur probably just fat and insecure and not man enough to take action against it so u whine on ur genes like the rest of the lazy people who eat trashfood all day.
Genes may contribute to ur chances of having obesity, it's lifestyle and diet that will make u fat.
https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/obesity-prevention-source/obesity-causes/genes-and-obesity/
Here u go fat bald rat.

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I majored in Process Engineering / Thermodynamics. I know what I am talking about.
Thermodynamics, lol. You know there is a very long distance between pure physics and biology right? Its like saying "I know how atoms move so I can easily crack the human genome"...

You realize that 2 people can eat exactly same things, and do exactly same activities, and still one will gain lots of weight and the other one may even lose weight?

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
norwood 11 is right tho, even if it's all about calories in and out.
people have different metabolisms they burn different amount of calories per day, in today's day and time where there is so much food available and in heavily dense calories, it's difficult to always eat 100% healty and whole unprocessed foods, especially since foods surrounds social interactions almost all the time.

it does eventually all comes to genetics, because genetics determine how much calories you burn per day in the 3 most important factors of your daily energy expenditure, which are:

RMR- resting metabolic rate- the calories you burn by just existing.
Thermic effect of food- the calories your body burns to digest the food you east
and the most important of all- your NEAT- the calories your body burns by your daily non-exercise activity, all these 3 factors varies by people, and NEAT can vary for up to 2,000 calories, which is insane!

and you cannot change any of those 3 factors.

so my point is, while one person burns 4k calories a day and can pretty much eat what they want, another person may only burn 1200 calories a day, but they both have the same appetite and both have the same cravings for the 'good' foods we have in every corner.

that's where the issue at, it will be extremely difficult for the 1200 calories guy to be fit for the long run having to barely eat anything for the rest of their lives, because 1200 calories is really nothing.
and that's where genetics comes into place.

further more studies have shown that obese people have slower NEAT than thin people, meaning they subconsciousally move less. and on top of that after they have lost a significant amount of weight- their NEAT slowed down, meaning the body even fights you to gain the weight back.

another thing that was found is that people who exercise subconsciousally move less afterwards throughout the day, further supports that the body compensates for the extra energy expanditure later on.

genetics is definitely everything when it comes down to being thin or obese.

you see some people who eat whatever they want and never get fat. because their metabolism is just fast.

this doesn't mean it breaks the calories in vs calories out factors, it just means because of your genetics you barely burn any calories, thus your body barely need any food, now good luck with barely eating any food in this era.

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
biology relies on laws of nature / law pf physics. Biology is not some transcendent miracle...

But there are physical limits to how much they can gain...

Those are simple balances: The mass you eat and drink on the one side! On the other side: what you sh*t out, piss out and sweat out...
What about metabolism ?? If for example, one was to eat normal 2000 calories per day, yet be blessed by a snail paced metabolism, should we make him starve on 500 calories and lift weights/run on treadmills all day to lose the weight ?? With their slow metabolism, i am not even sure they would lose alot either way.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
What about metabolism ?? If for example, one was to eat normal 2000 calories per day, yet be blessed by a snail paced metabolism, should we make him starve on 500 calories and lift weights/run on treadmills all day to lose the weight ?? With their slow metabolism, i am not even sure they would lose alot either way.
Almost noone has a snail paced metabolism. It does however make a difference for sure. The problem is ppl eat way more than they have the appetite for. And they move very little these days. If u go to the gym 3 times a wek for 1h30 and use ur bike to go to ur work for 1 hour a day ur already doing way more than the average american.

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Almost noone has a snail paced metabolism. It does however make a difference for sure. The problem is ppl eat way more than they have the appetite for. And they move very little these days. If u go to the gym 3 times a wek for 1h30 and use ur bike to go to ur work for 1 hour a day ur already doing way more than the average american.

despite your disagreement, that's what metabolism/genetics is about, your genetics make you move more, or less.

think about it this way, why do thin people (not everyone, but most) don't watch what they eat? or don't go out their way to exercise? yet they still thin?
while other people have strict diets, exercise a lot, and struggle with their weight their whole lives? that's exactly the thing. that's genetics.

why do you go out and almost never see a thin person orders a diet coke? while the fat one does?

your body regulates your weight, a thin person's body knows to regulate it right, their ques for hunger and satiation are just right to regulate their body weight.
while the ques for obese people are all messed up, basically the hormones that are in charge of the ques, aka leptin and grhelin.
if a thin person eats more than usual one day, they will either eat less the next day or move more, but that will all be happening subconsciousally, but for a fat person all those mechanisms do no happen.
their ques for hunger and satiation are not working right, thus causing them to eat more than they should, their NEAT is slower too.

I'm not making this all out of my *** there are studies that support all of this. I could share a video about this that was done by a professor of this subject if you're interested. and he talks about all of this and shows studies related to this.

granted, this doesn't mean a person cannot lose weight, but said person will most likely struggle their whole lives keeping it off.
and yes some people will never be able to be six abs shredded, and that's genetics and their is nothing to be done about it.
I can tell you from experience, I've lost 55 pounds so far, and I'm far from fit, in fact BMI still says I'm obese (I don't look obese tho)
but the kicker is that my diet is super strict, I barely consume any calories, and I still have tons of fat on me, with my diet I should have 6 packs by now and be like 12% body fat, but I'm far from it. and that's genetics. I will never look like that.

and I see it on reddit too, there is a sub reddit called "progresspics" of people who went through body transformations before and after, and I see many people who lost loads amount of weight, but they are still not looking good, they still pack fat, and I look at their current workout routine and diet and it's just insane- they eat like 1200 calories a day (men) and work out 6 times a week, and you see their current body and they still just don't look good, and with 1200 calories and 6 workouts a week they should be shredded af but they are not at all.

freaking bodybuilders with six packs and less than 10% body fat eat more than 1200 calories a day.

so yeah if that's not genetics I don't know what is. but that just proves it.

-------------

sorry for the wall of text lol.

Last edited:

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://images.thinkadvisor.com/con...415/2018/09/502-child-obesity-616x372-CDC.jpg

2 generations later and 3x obesity rates. Wow , genetics changing rapidly, maybe in 2 more generations we will look like dinosaurs again.

that's misleading, what they do is basically lower the milestone weight for obesity by a little bit every decade or so (just like they keep doing for cholesterole and other things, in the past 250 was normal now if you have 250 you need to 'take' meds ASAP) and it basically just makes people who were in the overweight category 'jump' to the obese category, but the weight difference is like 10 pounds on average, which is nothing.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
that's misleading, what they do is basically lower the milestone weight for obesity by a little bit every decade or so (just like they keep doing for cholesterole and other things, in the past 250 was normal now if you have 250 you need to 'take' meds ASAP) and it basically just makes people who were in the overweight category 'jump' to the obese category, but the weight difference is like 10 pounds on average, which is nothing.
Looks like its closer to 30 pounds buddy boyo.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-a...m/public/NUSQTAL7HE3JFDWAXVPDEMOXT4.png&w=767

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, Im the one that started this argument, and I DIDNT say that people getting fat solely because of genetics, it's obviously combination of genetics and eating habbits, and Im sure there are a lot of fat people today who just eat like pigs. So probably the fact that people in the past couldnt even afford so much food like today has a role in this obesity trend. All I said is there is some percentage of those fat people which is really hard / impossible for them to maintain fit body, or in other words, for them the genetics part is really crappy. So you shouldnt make vast generalization and judge every fat person like he is some lazy sh*t and has no control on his mouth. The thing that triggered this whole discussion was the ignorant simplifying statement of Heino "conservation of energy and matter are universal" like it sums up the whole human metabolism lol.

Sometimes arguments get out of scope just for the sake of the argument, I dont believe in that. We need to know on what aspects to agree and where is the controversy

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, Im the one that started this argument, and I DIDNT say that people getting fat solely because of genetics, it's obviously combination of genetics and eating habbits, and Im sure there are a lot of fat people today who just eat like pigs. So probably the fact that people in the past couldnt even afford so much food like today has a role in this obesity trend. All I said is there is some percentage of those fat people which is really hard / impossible for them to maintain fit body, or in other words, for them the genetics part is really crappy. So you shouldnt make vast generalization and judge every fat person like he is some lazy sh*t and has no control on his mouth. The thing that triggered this whole discussion was the ignorant simplifying statement of Heino "conservation of energy and matter are universal" like it sums up the whole human metabolism lol.

Sometimes arguments get out of scope just for the sake of the argument, I dont believe in that. We need to know on what aspects to agree and where is the controversy
It's less than 1% who cannot control it. And yes it is that simple as Heino said. Do u think a chemical reactor is not complex? It's one of the hardest courses i had as a chemical engineering student, studying and modeling reactors. There is no magic going on in the human body, only biochemical reactions catalyzed by enzymes.Why are u all so blue pilled, are u fat urself or just ignorant? The average weight has gone up because average consumption of food has gone up and not because some magical evolution of genes in a couple hundred years, it takes WAY longer for genes to evolve as u are well aware iwth male pattern baldness. So stop being a cuck and accept reality for what it is, most fat people are indeed lazy or have wrong priorities.

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup, let us be serious here the obesity epidemic in the west has only one cause and it is very clear. Gluttony.
that's bullshit tho. you go to asian countries and you'll see more and more obese people. sure processed foods and westren foods immigrating there has its role, but only a certain % of them get fat. which is exactly why it's genetic. those who got fat from eating that processed foods had the "fat gene" in them already, they just didn't have so much food around in the past, unlike now.

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

you can usually spot who has it in the genes and who is just eating like a pig, by where their fat stores at.
usually the 'skinny fat' types are having the genetics that make them prone to be fat, while the people who are fat because they just eat too much are mainly storing all their fat in the belly (for men)

like my father, after watching my food and counting calories for few years now I've come to have a sense for around how much calories type of foods have, so I can tell my father eats around 3 times more calories than I do and he's 56 while I'm 28, my father is not thin/fit by any means, but the way he looks is like a thin person with a 8 months pregnant belly, all his fat is being stored purely in the stomach, a big beer belly basically, if my father followed my diet he would have six packs in less than a year.

while I store fat basically everywhere. and weight way more than he is with eating 3 times less calories than him.

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's less than 1% who cannot control it. And yes it is that simple as Heino said. Do u think a chemical reactor is not complex? It's one of the hardest courses i had as a chemical engineering student, studying and modeling reactors. There is no magic going on in the human body, only biochemical reactions catalyzed by enzymes.Why are u all so blue pilled, are u fat urself or just ignorant? The average weight has gone up because average consumption of food has gone up and not because some magical evolution of genes in a couple hundred years, it takes WAY longer for genes to evolve as u are well aware iwth male pattern baldness. So stop being a cuck and accept reality for what it is, most fat people are indeed lazy or have wrong priorities.
Less than 1 percent? So you really did the research and calculate this data? Or you just like to sh*t out random numbers?

INT

Reaction score

A-men! Evolution is one of the most abused disciplines for broscience. It is also a lazy excuse to say that something is genetic when it clearly is an (uncomfortable) truth that for most people, it is their own fault.