20 and balding

Baldscum

Reaction score
Been losing hair since December and its been getting worse and worse as the days go on. I don't want to go on finasteride or minoxidil but I am willing to get a hair transplant.

Wet

wklKxj3.jpg

How it looks like from the back

lKiMcCg.jpg

Parted and in over head lighting to see how bad it is

xKLr8DZ.jpg

I have a dermatologist appointment in sept

shookwun

Reaction score
Got a nice a little bald crown in process.

No need for appointment.
Hop on finasteride ya balding

g.i joey

Reaction score
You are 100% balding.. maybe not aggressively but your crown is going. Noone will give you a hair transplant with a head of hair like thay + your age. Sorry dude

Baldscum

Reaction score
You still have way too much hair for any surgeon to do a hair transplant.

Why not just jump on finasteride? Or minoxidil? Or both?
Nizoral won't do diddly squat.

How come having too much hair is a bad thing? It's just hair isn't it?

I don't wanna go on finasteride/minoxidil because of the aging, sagging skin, facial bloat, and it feminizes your face

How much hair do you lose when showering?

I don't know the exact number but every time I run my fingers through my hair I have a lot on my hands. How much is normal to lose?

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Get it confirmed by a Doctor if you aren't yet convinced. Don't wait. Medication won't feminize you so much, however the psychological impact of male pattern baldness is reputed to transform many growing/grown men into hysterical screaming girly-men. We all wish there was another way, but let's be realistic., you wont have a chance w/o finasteride. and/or min. I underscore the importance that you first get a proper eval. before climbing anymore walls. Best of luck.
How come having too much hair is a bad thing? It's just hair isn't it?

I don't wanna go on finasteride/minoxidil because of the aging, sagging skin, facial bloat, and it feminizes your face

I don't know the exact number but every time I run my fingers through my hair I have a lot on my hands. How much is normal to lose?

Baldscum

Reaction score
Jup definitely balding. You can choose to undertake action by using treatments. If you don't do that you'll continue to bald. Hair transplant surgery is not an option for you now.

Why isn't it a option

Get it confirmed by a Doctor if you aren't yet convinced. Don't wait. Medication won't feminize you so much, however the psychological impact of male pattern baldness is reputed to transform many growing/grown men into hysterical screaming girly-men. We all wish there was another way, but let's be realistic., you wont have a chance w/o finasteride. and/or min. I underscore the importance that you first get a proper eval. before climbing anymore walls. Best of luck.

Evaluation is late September from a dermatologist I hope she helps. I might have to bite the bullet and go on finasteride. Any opinions on injecting testosterone while on finasteride?

g.i joey

Reaction score
Dude just try finasteride and see how you feel on it. No need for extra test. The worst case of feminizing aspects of finasteride is gynecomastia which is super rare and maybe some extra weight gain if you're prone to gaining weight easily

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I reiterate get tested only if you aren't convinced you have male pattern baldness. I estimate by your pics that indeed your crown looks awfully suspicious. You want to get on meds as soon possible. I confess that I am somewhat confounded why you take no issue shooting T, but expressed resistance to approved methods of hair therapy?
Why isn't it a option

Evaluation is late September from a dermatologist I hope she helps. I might have to bite the bullet and go on finasteride. Any opinions on injecting testosterone while on finasteride?

Baldscum

Reaction score
I reiterate get tested only if you aren't convinced you have male pattern baldness. I estimate by your pics that indeed your crown looks awfully suspicious. You want to get on meds as soon possible. I confess that I am somewhat confounded why you take no issue shooting T, but expressed resistance to approved methods of hair therapy?
Testosterone is never a bad thing (minus the hairloss that is). Unclear mind, decreased motivation, loss of libido, facial changes that aren't attractive, bones becoming weaker... All those are issues with finasteride but not with T hell it's the opposite with T.

My thought process is uh would pinning T (small dose) be all good to combat the sides of finasteride?

Another thing is that finasteride results (if u get any) take a long time to show. I want a hair transplant and be done with it instead of having to go through a shed process and sides for years to see proper results

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
If you have low T and under a physicians supervision then you are part right.

You can't have a once and done hair transplant because of male pattern baldness's PROGRESSIVE nature. No hair transplant will short your genetic hard wiring. Now finasteride. can at minimum help preserve or maintain existing hair. Generally all hair transplant surgeons advocate finasteride. long term use post surgery. Good Luck.
Why isn't it a option