2 year update for big 3 and lasercomb

WithTheLidOff

Established Member
Reaction score
Damn....I can;t believe its been 2 years. I got my propecia prescription Aug 4 2004, and my first 5% minoxidil a few days later, then I got nizoral 2% a few days after that. At the time I started, i had been losing hair for about 7 years to the poit where people would call me bald. I shaved my head because at the time I had to.
The first year, i took 2 doses of minoxidil per day, one pill a day, nizoral twice a week, and thickening shampoo on alternate days. I got results at about 2 months and things picked up from there. After 9 months, I added the laser comb to my regimen. I'd also drank green tea instead of coffee for the entire 2 years. After a year, I switched to one dose of minoxidil per day, and skipped a propecia pill about once a week. I let my hair grow out after the first year. The results have been PHENOMINAL!!!!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!! I never dreamed I would get such good results and wuld have been happy with less. I used to have Kramer like hair, and its almost all back. I am even going to get my first haircut since 2001 (I used to shave it.) As far as sheds go, i think I've had a few, because there have been periods where my hair hasn;t looked as good for a few weeks at a time, but these sheds wern;t noticeable. I THOUGHT I experienced some side effects, specifically, lower sex drive, but that certainly isnt true now (not getting any, but still thinking about it) and it may have just been in my head at the beggining. The first 4 or 5 months, I'd spend lookgin for progress by examining my scalp in the mirror. Honestly...I think about my hair for like 2 minutes a week now. I haven;t been to this site much, but its been great, its helped me out a lot,,,,and I never would have started the big 3 and all the other stuff it it werent for this site. The name of the person that really helped me get started and have some faith was called "badhairdecade" I just wanted to check in and say that hair treatments CAN work. The results not typical thign really got my hopes down, but they certainly CAn work. Best of luck everyone.

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
WithTheLidOff said:
Damn....I can;t believe its been 2 years. I got my propecia prescription Aug 4 2004, and my first 5% minoxidil a few days later, then I got nizoral 2% a few days after that. At the time I started, i had been losing hair for about 7 years to the poit where people would call me bald. I shaved my head because at the time I had to.
The first year, i took 2 doses of minoxidil per day, one pill a day, nizoral twice a week, and thickening shampoo on alternate days. I got results at about 2 months and things picked up from there. After 9 months, I added the laser comb to my regimen. I'd also drank green tea instead of coffee for the entire 2 years. After a year, I switched to one dose of minoxidil per day, and skipped a propecia pill about once a week. I let my hair grow out after the first year. The results have been PHENOMINAL!!!!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!! I never dreamed I would get such good results and wuld have been happy with less. I used to have Kramer like hair, and its almost all back. I am even going to get my first haircut since 2001 (I used to shave it.) As far as sheds go, i think I've had a few, because there have been periods where my hair hasn;t looked as good for a few weeks at a time, but these sheds wern;t noticeable. I THOUGHT I experienced some side effects, specifically, lower sex drive, but that certainly isnt true now (not getting any, but still thinking about it) and it may have just been in my head at the beggining. The first 4 or 5 months, I'd spend lookgin for progress by examining my scalp in the mirror. Honestly...I think about my hair for like 2 minutes a week now. I haven;t been to this site much, but its been great, its helped me out a lot,,,,and I never would have started the big 3 and all the other stuff it it werent for this site. The name of the person that really helped me get started and have some faith was called "badhairdecade" I just wanted to check in and say that hair treatments CAN work. The results not typical thign really got my hopes down, but they certainly CAn work. Best of luck everyone.

thanks for the post man! i been on these 3 for 7 weeks. u got some pics, wud be especially helpful? also, this should be in success stories forum too as its a great story.

WithTheLidOff

Established Member
Reaction score
Nope...unfortunately, I didnt take any pictures to start 2 years ago. In all honesty, after having read things on here and the lasercomb site I was sure that I wouldnt get results. I HATED to be photographed and would shy away from cameras whenever possible. One of my saddest days was seeing my graduation pictures in 2001 and seeing how much hair i'd had lost. I would also almost cry after seeing my head from the top in a mirror. I thought taking pictures of my head from all angles would just put me in the dumps. Had I known how succesfull this treatment wuold be, I would have taken pictures. I was fortunate enough to have those "very good" results. I thought those photos were doctorred and touched up by the companies, turns out its possible that they may not be.