2.5mg finasteride or 1mg

chris21

Reaction score
For all you hooah diehard finasteride users taking 2.5mg daily, does it work better than taking 1mg?

1mg users feel free to input too.

Mr T.

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not on finasteride yet - I'm still mulling it over and would appreciate more feedback in the thread I started when I joined a couple days ago. But I don't see why anyone would take 2.5 mg instead of 1 mg. The amount of DHT inhibition is pretty much the same, but 2.5 mg is associated with a higher incidence of side effects. So what would be the point in doing this???

Cheers.

Jeremy

Stingray

Reaction score
I'm taking 2.5mg finasteride because I didn't see any results with 1mg. I wouldn't start using it though until you are sure you can handle even 1mg. I'm just hardcore ;)

I think i'm also the only one taking halved proscars daily too.

I'll let you know in 2 months how its turning out.

Mr T.

Established Member
Reaction score
Stingray said:
I'm taking 2.5mg finasteride because I didn't see any results with 1mg. I wouldn't start using it though until you are sure you can handle even 1mg. I'm just hardcore ;)

I think i'm also the only one taking halved proscars daily too.

I'll let you know in 2 months how its turning out.

I guess one benefit of doing this is that you don't have to cut those bloody pills up as much, eh? I've seen those pills, and it looks like a pain in the arse cutting those things in four or five. I'm sure halving them is a bit easier.

Cheers.

Jeremy

Stingray

Reaction score
I actually use fincar, which is round. Makes cutting real easy. The thing I'm thinking though, is that 1mg finasteride might not be enough to completely eliminate the DHT being produced by II-5AR (I believe this is the enzyme that finasteride inhibits). I might need the added jolt to get the party started. It was only 50 bucks for 4 months worth at 2.5mg a day... so I don't have really anything to lose =)

Mr T.

Established Member
Reaction score
Stingray said:
I actually use fincar, which is round. Makes cutting real easy. The thing I'm thinking though, is that 1mg finasteride might not be enough to completely eliminate the DHT being produced by II-5AR (I believe this is the enzyme that finasteride inhibits). I might need the added jolt to get the party started. It was only 50 bucks for 4 months worth at 2.5mg a day... so I don't have really anything to lose =)

Yeah, that's a bargain for sure. If I were to get Propecia through my derm, it would cost more than 40 bucks A MONTH. Bloody rip-off. If I decide on finasteride, no Propecia for me. I'll go the way of Proscar or Fincar.

Cheers.

Jeremy

Stingray

Reaction score
I'd recommend Proscar from Merck if I were you. I'm gonna finish this batch and go with what I know. I mean I trust those Indians... but something shady about ordering a controlled substance online without first seeing a medical practicioner... even if he doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

Mr T.

Established Member
Reaction score
Stingray said:
I'd recommend Proscar from Merck if I were you. I'm gonna finish this batch and go with what I know. I mean I trust those Indians... but something shady about ordering a controlled substance online without first seeing a medical practicioner... even if he doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.

Good point. I'm sure most of those online pharmacies are legit, but what if you're ordering from one that's not, eh? Good call. I'll go with the Proscar then.

Cheers.

Jeremy

Stingray

Reaction score
I'm sure it's legitimate... but the extra 20 or so dollars is a small price to pay for peace of mind I'll say.

Stingray

Reaction score
I'd try it... just to see what happens. :)