2-3 month progress report and questions

JohnVasquez

Reaction score
Hi,

I started coming here a few months ago. I'm 21 and have a receeding hairline that is starting to get pretty bad. 2-3 months ago I started using Nizoral and Kirkland 5% from Costco. So far I have been frustrated with the results as nothing has really re-grown. I'm going to stick with it and was wondering about adding the procepia to the regiment.

I'm trying to keep this on the down low but know that you would need a prescription to get the procepia? Would that help my situation at all or is the receeding hairline just something that you can't really manage very well?

Thanks!

Theguy

Reaction score
Yeah you need a prescription for Propecia. And as far as I know all the tests with propecia were done on the vertex. However I have heard some success stories of stopping a receding hairline with propecia among other hairloss products.

drinkrum

Reaction score
Jesus people. You can just buy Propecia online. If you want the real-deal Propecia from the U.S. at a reputed pharmacy -- goto http://www.amerimedrx.com or similar sites.

But you can get it cheaper overseas and even cheaper if you buy 5 mg Proscar and split the pill into 5ths.

Don't waste your money (or time, if you have full insurance) to go to a dermatologist. Propecia is not covered by most (if any) insurance policies, and you're going to get it a cheaper or equivalent price at online places as any brick-and-mortar.

D.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks for smackin some sense into these guys, D.

John, get on the finasteride (Propecia). If you arnt, start using Nizoral shampoo once every three days. I reccomend adding a Grape Seed Extract for scalp health, as well as a good conditioner like the one I use. Scalp health is key, and dht prevention is key. L-Arginine is also good to combat a potential loss in libido from finasteride.

Min only makes hair worse the first few months, it wasnt until recently (in month 5 now) that my hair started looking much better. So stick it out. What else can you do? Well, plenty. spironolactone, Folligen, etc etc. But I'd stick with current treatments before taking the kitchen sink approach.