19 yr old 11 months on propecia....improvement? pics inside

kaner529

Reaction score
I have been using propecia since dec 2005 and just started using extra strength rogaine at the end of august. Recently I went through a shedding phase where my male pattern baldness seemed to get worse...but recently all of the sudden my hair seems to be growing back nicely...I have some before pics in may 2006 and pics from today but i dont know how to post them...As soon as someone can help I'll post them[/img]

Aplunk1

Reaction score
The best has yet to come...

In any case, keep up the treatments.

There's definite improvement. You're VERY lucky you caught it early.

kaner529

Reaction score
im using 5% twice daily...any suggestions to further improve??

Ya I am lucky...the only thing I had on my side is that i knew that both grandfathers...and my dad and his brother went bald relatively early so i knew what to look for

The beginning for me were friends saying I had thin hair when I was 16 and it just kept getting worse until it bottomed out sometime between dec and jun of last yr

Aplunk1

Reaction score
kaner529 said:
im using 5% twice daily...any suggestions to further improve??

Let's see--

you're in the Big 3 now...

I think you're set.

I'd keep up with your minoxidil applications religiously, pop your Propecia every morning or night, and keep taking pictures.

Minoxidil was instrumental in giving me my results.

It's good stuff-- the foam is even better.

Goodluck, and remember to come back to the forums to update us when you can. :)

kaner529

Reaction score
I was looking around CVS today and I saw the foam...does it really work better?

Minoxidil was clearly the one that regrew the hair...I saw no results until i started in August

bubka

Reaction score
propecia regrowth takes around 6 months you know, then to a full year till you can get the maximum regrowth

i missed the pics...

bubka

Reaction score
pretty decent reversal in the miniaturization, congratz! i would call that an effect oh inhibiting dht... but probably from both too

kaner529

Reaction score
to be honest I am quite surprised that the process reversed itself. Up until about a month or two ago I thought all the propecia and rogaine was doing was slowing down the process...not actually regrowing anythign. Then last week my parents visited me at school and I asked if they noticed a difference and my mom specifically noticed something and low and behold it appears like it has reversed.

Should I expect more regrowth and better coverage of my still thin crown?

any answers would be great

H/B

Established Member
Reaction score
Definitely responding, and its still early in the game. congrats :)

kaner529

Reaction score
Within the last month I started applying rogaine foam to the temples and my area of receding hairline. I tried pictures but they dont come out well so I decided to measure from the top of my eyebrows how much my hairline has receded. At its lowest point, away from the temples, it is just around 2 inches. At the temples, however, it is around 6.5 cm, a little higher on the right side. Is this signs of a badly receding hairline or just a mature hairline?

Also, I think I have had a major shed in the region where I started to apply the rogaine. So I hope to lower my hairline a couple of mm....

kaner529

Reaction score
Its now been over a year on propecia(14 months) and now 7 months on minoxidil and 4 months on the foam and my results are about what I expected. I have recently had a bad shed, but it seems to be comin back to normal. The only thing I am a little bit worried about now is that I have been applying the foam to my temples and my hairline, and It seems as if the hair directly behind the hairline is thickening up, but my temples still seem to be receding. I get quite obsessive about checking my progress so sometimes its hard to tell whats truth and what I'm thinking I am seeing...anyone else have this problem??

pologuy514

Established Member
Reaction score
Kaner if you check out my story it's quite similar. I have been on Propeica for about 10-11 months and rograine foam for about 3 months. I haven't had much shed though. My results are quite small although I got a haircut yesterday and my hair is somewhat seeming thicker which is quite mysterious. Anyway i'm still in the same boat as you. I wish you the best of luck and take a look at my story and feel free to comment.

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
good job it looks like it's comming in nicely. must feel nice to know no one is staring at your bald spot behind you huh? :lol: i'm regrowing on finasteride and rogaine foam as well and although i still havn't gotten to where i'd like to be, my regrowth has given me back alot of confidence. keep it up man and keep us updated, even when your hair looks 100% again.

Lorenzo_91

Established Member
Reaction score
My regrowth just started all full effect and I am at 15 months.