16-17 And Worried About Balding

Is it balding or whorl

• Total voters

AndrewDG123

My Regimen
Reaction score
image.jpg I'm 16 going on 17 and have recently been worried about the crown of my head. I've asked a few members of my family to check if I was starting to bald or if it was just my whorl and even though they said it was fine I can't help but feel that I am starting to go bald. My whorl does not seem to look normal and is noticeable to most people and I think it could be the early signs of male pattern baldness. I would appreciate others opinions on my crown.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    190.1 KB · Views: 6,594
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    193.4 KB · Views: 2,222
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    210.5 KB · Views: 3,894

DPAMan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think it's out of the ordinary, but hard to say. How recently have you noticed how big your whorl was? It could just be needless worry, but definitely hang on to these pictures and take more over the next few years to see if it gets bigger. The seeds of male pattern baldness can begin at your age and younger, so it's good to be on the lookout if you don't want to be bald.

lickawrist

Established Member
Reaction score
i started receding around your age--it sucks. try shaving your head down to a 1, take a picture of the same area, and then compare the hair density with other areas of the scalp. if you see definite thin area that is localized around that area, you can almost be sure that it's Androgenetic Alopecia.

Блейк

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have the exact same thing happening with my whorl and my family members said the same things, has your hair gotten any thinner from when you took those photos?