14 months Finasteride + 2 months [12.5% minoxidil+ azelaic acid]

sambaker1992

Reaction score
16 months Finasteride + 4 months [12.5% minoxidil+ azelaic acid]

- December 2013: Started generic finasteride 1.25mg/day
- November 2014: Continued light loss over 12 months but possibly stable at the end of November 2014
- Started topical 12.5% minoxidil with 5% azeliac acid 0.5mL at night to temple and hairline areas
- Early February 2015: Seeing some possible regrowth
- Late February 2015: A few weeks later seeing all the little hair starting to thicken up very quickly (see picture below)
- March 2015: Still seeing the hairs coming in thicker, feeling like I'm getting some measurable hairline width back!!

Please share your opinion.
Thanks.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 9,107
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 3,726
  • FullSizeRender1.jpg
    FullSizeRender1.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 3,836
Last edited:

themiz1234

Established Member
Reaction score
Your hairline isn't much better, but your hair itself looks very thick and healthy! Nice! I wouldn't even mind the hairline if I were you, just style it and you're good to go.

Reaction score
That's really depressing. My hair looks like yours is the first picture but not as far back. Makes me feel like I might not ever see some hairline width.

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
That's really depressing. My hair looks like yours is the first picture but not as far back. Makes me feel like I might not ever see some hairline width.

Takes time he's only 2 months on minoxidil. Just from the second pic you can see it starting to fill in.

sambaker1992

Reaction score
Your hairline isn't much better, but your hair itself looks very thick and healthy! Nice! I wouldn't even mind the hairline if I were you, just style it and you're good to go.

Thanks. Here is a picture of the way I usually style it. It hides the hairline pretty well for now I think.

photo.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Good gains !

- - - Updated - - -

Where do you get your minoxidil from ?

I get my minoxidil from Belgravia hair centre on prescription in London, England. It is £150 for a years' supply.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Really great stuff, shows the superiority of Minoxidil as a growth stimulant . You can tell from your early pictures, your hairline was responding to Minoxidil. Problem now is you must stick to 12.5% Minoxidil from Belgravia which is a rip off. Some people report loss of hair when they decrease the dosage of minoxidil. I suppose you could trial it but it's risky.

Definitely you have avoided a hair transplant at the front, unreal.

Reaction score
Really great stuff, shows the superiority of Minoxidil as a growth stimulant . You can tell from your early pictures, your hairline was responding to Minoxidil. Problem now is you must stick to 12.5% Minoxidil from Belgravia which is a rip off. Some people report loss of hair when they decrease the dosage of minoxidil. I suppose you could trial it but it's risky.

Do you think it's possible to see similar results with the 5% with azealic acid or is 12.5 for life the only way?

Parsia

Established Member
Reaction score
Great result man , Keep your regimen and don't never ever give up !

sambaker1992

Reaction score

Thanks for your kind comment. I agree with you that the Belgravia minoxidil is expensive, but it is definitely not worth risking changing the formula whilst I'm still seeing growth. Money isn't too bad right now and I think the extra strong minoxidil with azeliac acid is definitely worth sticking too.

massa

Banned
Reaction score
This is why I hate the FDA. It's obvious 10-15% minoxidil is far superior to 5% but they have to outlaw it and make it impossible to get hold of !

sambaker1992

Reaction score
This is why I hate the FDA. It's obvious 10-15% minoxidil is far superior to 5% but they have to outlaw it and make it impossible to get hold of !

Because its only a percentage you could always apply twice as much of the 5% to be getting the equivalent minnoxidil dose as the 10%, that would be twice the cost though of course. Applying 1.25mL of 5% minoxidil is the same as my 0.5mL of 12.5%

massa

Banned
Reaction score
yeah but its already overpriced as it is using double or triple the amount is too expensive. I do use 15% minoxodil but the Dualgen from minoxidilmax the problem is its not regulated so I have no idea if what im using is legit as im just buying from a online store. If the FDA agree for companies to legally make 10% or 15% minoxidil it would be easier for us guys who don't see results at 5% have aggressive hair loss and need more. They don't because of side effects but I don't know many people who get sides from 5% minoxidil.

Reaction score
I thought you were only paying 150 a year for it? That doesnt sound very expensive to me

sambaker1992

Reaction score
I thought you were only paying 150 a year for it? That doesnt sound very expensive to me

I am only using half the recommended volume per application which makes it last longer my friend. £300 (what the full amount would cost) isn't exactly cheap when I pay £40 for a year of finasteride (Fincar)

CliffLee

Established Member
Reaction score
Because its only a percentage you could always apply twice as much of the 5% to be getting the equivalent minnoxidil dose as the 10%, that would be twice the cost though of course. Applying 1.25mL of 5% minoxidil is the same as my 0.5mL of 12.5%

I read in another post form one of the forum regulars that he doubted anything over 5% could be absorbed by the scalp. I could try and find the post. I was searching the forums on people's opinions on 10/15% minoxidil.