14 And I f*****g Hate Myself Because Of Hair Loss.

Dsport

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know you mean well guys, but please don't give medical advice to an adolescent.

Even if he just keeps SOME hair, it will make a huge difference.

He can do a transplant at 18.

If nothing else get the front zone with some density.

Dealing with a baldspot isn't so bad.

your hair still has good density dude. i've even seen girls with that hair line. it's possible your skull shape is just changing / growing. do you have any pics from a year or so ago to compare?

as the others said, hold off on finasteride until you're older but try some treatments in the meantime, and you can hold out for a transplant. who knows, this may stabilize after a few years.

Donny J

Established Member
Reaction score
Hair replacement system (wig) is really your only option right now. I am sorry for what you're going through, but unfortunately there isn't much you can do. All the treatments are too risky at your age, as you are still developing.
i know this is an old message, but i can't believe you told this 14 year old kid that he should seek to wear a wig right now. ffs. i pray he didn't take you up on that.

YoungNeurotic

My Regimen
Reaction score
What a shame. What the f*** is an adolescent doing on here, anyway? Shave it and forget it. By the time any treatments would be safe, too much hair would be gone for them to be useful.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
What a shame. What the f*** is an adolescent doing on here, anyway? Shave it and forget it. By the time any treatments would be safe, too much hair would be gone for them to be useful.
Yea a 14 year old with a shaved head, it's probably the best thing to do but socially he'd be fucked until the cure was found.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
@kiddy88 Sorry to hear this little buddy :( I started balding at 14 too, not as aggressive as yours but I know the pain.. I realise this was posted more than half a year ago but I want to know how you are doing? Did you start minoxidil? You could try using Saw Palmetto until you turn 18 along with the minoxidil and dermarolling. It could really make a difference considering your loss is very recent. Please don't beat yourself up about it, it's not your fault. You can beat this, for now you just need to hang in there and grow your bangs to hide what you can. Good luck and keep us updated.

ovdw

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are young. I was 26 and got almost all my hair back in 2 years (from a Norwood 2). I used Low Level Light Therapy. Please find yourself a helmet with at least 80 lasers not diodes. Everyone can use such a device at any age if i didnt misunderstand. It is expansive. But its the best treatment. I know what im talking about. I have used the most heavy medication which helped a bit. But LLLT is all you need. Good luck!

ovdw

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dont do any drugs and dont think about hair transplants. LLLT will most certainly get the result you want.

agasheiborandomname

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are young. I was 26 and got almost all my hair back in 2 years (from a Norwood 2). I used Low Level Light Therapy. Please find yourself a helmet with at least 80 lasers not diodes. Everyone can use such a device at any age if i didnt misunderstand. It is expansive. But its the best treatment. I know what im talking about. I have used the most heavy medication which helped a bit. But LLLT is all you need. Good luck!
Can you post pics please?

ovdw

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont have before pics because I was pretty devastated. Although I can look for some soccer photos (im from the Netherlands).

But believe me. Im not bullshitting. I dont claim the cure. But for me it worked out perfectly. Look for LLLT studies. They are telling the same. I moved on in life and never worry about my hair any more. Used to have mesotherapy, msm powder, dutasteride etc. But all I(!) needed was a helmet use for over a year now. 5times a week 20 minutes per treatment.

The reason I replied to this and other thread is to at least let people know about LLLT. Im not proclaiming to be any hairlossguru. Only telling the truth for my case and trying to inform others. I felt a little obliged to do that since I know the pain.

ovdw

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on these kind of fora in the past quite intensively. Im nt bullshitting. And I dont want to spend too much time on these fora. But I really dont lie. What is the use? And im not exaggerating. I only want people to at least consider LLLT. Go look for overmachogrande for instance. I didnt buy his helmet though

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been on these kind of fora in the past quite intensively. Im nt bullshitting. And I dont want to spend too much time on these fora. But I really dont lie. What is the use? And im not exaggerating. I only want people to at least consider LLLT. Go look for overmachogrande for instance. I didnt buy his helmet though
Pics or didn't happen. You could be trying to sell us things for your employers in India.

ovdw

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pics or didn't happen. You could be trying to sell us things for your employers in India.

Im plain honost and dont want to sell no nothing. I get the suspicion. I only wanted to reach the boy by giving him the opportunity (in my opinion and backed by SCIENCE) to do something about is hair loss.

See?! no advertisement no nothing. Why would I lure someone (in this case stil a boy) into some stupid sell? Im 100% dutch and I have only eye for this boys hair and stress about it. I dont know the kid. But I was here to share my story and perhaps helping people (even one would be wort a simpele sharing on this forum) on their way to combat hair loss. Believe it or not. Name it altruism. Doesnt matter to me.

Long story short. Look for LLLT. Read bout it. Look for the science behind it. Look for the proof in journals and make your own decision. Wish you all the best.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im plain honost and dont want to sell no nothing. I get the suspicion. I only wanted to reach the boy by giving him the opportunity (in my opinion and backed by SCIENCE) to do something about is hair loss.

See?! no advertisement no nothing. Why would I lure someone (in this case stil a boy) into some stupid sell? Im 100% dutch and I have only eye for this boys hair and stress about it. I dont know the kid. But I was here to share my story and perhaps helping people (even one would be wort a simpele sharing on this forum) on their way to combat hair loss. Believe it or not. Name it altruism. Doesnt matter to me.

Long story short. Look for LLLT. Read bout it. Look for the science behind it. Look for the proof in journals and make your own decision. Wish you all the best.
I was only messing haha, so you do Lllt? It works? Would it help a receding hairline?

shookwun

Reaction score
I had a NW2 at 16 with a five head.

Get used to running shaggy skater hair game until your twenties. It's a long journey, but you are just going to have to deal with the hand you were dealt. Situation is almost identical to that of my own. Lucky for you wearing a hat until your early twenties is socially acceptable, as most teenagers wear fitteds religiously.

take your minioxidil, and have a game plan ready. Do well in school, and seek out an ethical doctor whos willing to work with you in the future. WOuld be surprised at how understanding some doctors can be in yuor situation, and Iam willing to bet they would give you a discount. being realistic though, nobodies going to perform on you for another good 4-6 years at minimum.

agasheiborandomname

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was only messing haha, so you do Lllt? It works? Would it help a receding hairline?
Thankyou very much, I'm pretty desperate right now. I've just started minoxidil treatment iwth some vitamin pills but the shed it's causing is so scary... I look even balder. I hope there's LLLT in my country I'll dig for it. How much did it cost? how often did you do it? did you go somewhere to get treated or you got the equipment? Thanks!

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thankyou very much, I'm pretty desperate right now. I've just started minoxidil treatment iwth some vitamin pills but the shed it's causing is so scary... I look even balder. I hope there's LLLT in my country I'll dig for it. How much did it cost? how often did you do it? did you go somewhere to get treated or you got the equipment? Thanks!
I think you replied to the wrong person? Haha

ovdw

My Regimen
Reaction score

I myself wouldnt touch minoxidil. Go for a LLLT device. It is expensive in the short run (around 800$) but it lasts a lifetime and you dont need to buy minoxidil, finasteride or dutasteride your WHOLE life! So in the long run LLLT is cheaper. Above that, LLLT is NOT a drug, AND science proves it's the most efficient way to combat hairloss. Yes, even a receding hairline could reversed. I dont claim that someone who is completely bald would regain all off his hair. But in my case I recovered what was lost for 7 years. I went from Norwood 2 to a 1.5 or even better and i'm still improving. Plus my overall hear quality improved massively! Although I don't have clear before pictures, I do own a before and after (year in between those)report by a trichologist on the improvement of my hair.

The reason LLLT does not get the attention it deserves here is that the devices were ineffictive because they were not strong enough in the past or too cumbersome to use (like the comb varation which is ineffective because the duration of treatment per cm2 of scalp cannot be reached). Hence, look for a helmet that has at least 80 lasers (!) and NOT diodes. Such device would most effectively do the job. It's your best shot at recovering. Go for it, or at least read upon it!

I bought my helmet from an US based company. I think they ship to every country. I am not selling anything, therefore I dont want to mention the brand name unasked. I didnt do research on other manufacturers. Maybe there are plenty. Look for yourself. But remember at least 80 lasers and NOT diodes.

Start your research for instance at overmachogrande. Good luck!! Wish you the best.

Last edited:

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I myself wouldnt touch minoxidil. Go for a LLLT device. It is expensive in the short run (around 800$) but it lasts a lifetime and you dont need to buy minoxidil, finasteride or dutasteride your WHOLE life! So in the long run LLLT is cheaper. Above that, LLLT is NOT a drug, AND science proves it's the most efficient way to combat hairloss. Yes, even a receding hairline could reversed. I dont claim that someone who is completely bald would regain all off his hair. But in my case I recovered what was lost for 7 years. I went from Norwood 2 to a 1.5 or even better and i'm still improving. Plus my overall hear quality improved massively! Although I don't have clear before pictures, I do own a before and after (year in between those)report by a trichologist on the improvement of my hair.

The reason LLLT does not get the attention it deserves here is that the devices were ineffictive because they were not strong enough in the past or too cumbersome to use (like the comb varation which is ineffective because the duration of treatment per cm2 of scalp cannot be reached). Hence, look for a helmet that has at least 80 lasers (!) and NOT diodes. Such device would most effectively do the job. It's your best shot at recovering. Go for it, or at least read upon it!

I bought my helmet from an US based company. I think they ship to every country. I am not selling anything, therefore I dont want to mention the brand name unasked. I didnt do research on other manufacturers. Maybe there are plenty. Look for yourself. But remember at least 80 lasers and NOT diodes.

Start your research for instance at overmachogrande. Good luck!! Wish you the best.
Does hair length matter?