14 And I f*****g Hate Myself Because Of Hair Loss.

kiddy88

My Regimen
Reaction score
i'm 14 been suffering with this for around 5 months now. and i really can't stand it. sometimes i even think i'm depressed because of it and i hate myself. derm said it's receding and there's nothing i can do it's just in my genes. i don't know if a hair transplant is an option and how to get one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 2,155
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 1,834
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 1,882

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair transplant is not an option at your age.

Hold tight, future treatments look promising.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair replacement system (wig) is really your only option right now. I am sorry for what you're going through, but unfortunately there isn't much you can do. All the treatments are too risky at your age, as you are still developing.

ManinBlack

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel your pain. My hair is about the same. I am about to turn 21 in May though. I would also like to get a transplant eventually but I won't be able to afford it any time soon because insurance won't pay for it because it is considered a cosmetic procedure and it costs thousands of dollars and I am broke as Hell. For now I am just hoping to keep it from getting worse until I can get my hairline lowered. Unfortunately I don't think transplant surgeons will even touch your scalp until you are 18. I really am sorry. 14 is a very young age to have a receded hairline and high school social life is hard enough anyways without having another thing to feel self conscious about. If it is any consolation, it looks to me like the hair you have on your crown that hasn't receded still has pretty good density and thickness.

chris alldridge

My Regimen
Reaction score
You could try Minoxidil. It's FDA approved, and I'm (reasonably) sure you don't need to be 18, you can order it off amazon! This will most likely help you see a bit of regrowth around the temples where you are receding, or at the very least slow the hair loss right down. When you turn 18 you can go onto finasteride too, and if Minoxidil is used effectively, it could help to bridge that gap.

Don't be too disheartened, it's not easy and it's not fair, but we are living in an incredibly exciting time. I firmly believe that by the time you're 25, treatments such as those being worked on by Shiseido/Histogen will be in full force. There's so many companies hotting up the race to get their product on the market first because we truly are getting closer and closer to the magic bullet.

Hair transplant simply isn't an option. Sadly, because your recession has started so young, you will most likely lose a lot of your hair, and it's hard to assess your donor hair stability. Again though, this might be a blessing because incoming treatments don't require much donor hair at all!

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel your pain. My hair is about the same. I am about to turn 21 in May though. I would also like to get a transplant eventually but I won't be able to afford it any time soon because insurance won't pay for it because it is considered a cosmetic procedure and it costs thousands of dollars and I am broke as Hell. For now I am just hoping to keep it from getting worse until I can get my hairline lowered. Unfortunately I don't think transplant surgeons will even touch your scalp until you are 18. I really am sorry. 14 is a very young age to have a receded hairline and high school social life is hard enough anyways without having another thing to feel self conscious about. If it is any consolation, it looks to me like the hair you have on your crown that hasn't receded still has pretty good density and thickness.

I'm sure many would take him as a special case because of the circumstances. I think you should contact some hair transplant surgeons like Dr Konior, Rahal and Shapiro and see what they think. People would be happy to help because of your circumstances.

You could still get on minoxidil and use nizoral 2% shampoo if your parents will get them for you.

chris alldridge

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm sure many would take him as a special case because of the circumstances. I think you should contact some hair transplant surgeons like Dr Konior, Rahal and Shapiro and see what they think. People would be happy to help because of your circumstances.

You could still get on minoxidil and use nizoral 2% shampoo if your parents will get them for you.

I certainly agree with your last statement about Minoxidl and Nizoral. Since this is quite a unique case, maybe also consider the haircomb. It's received mixed reviews but I know of people who swear by it, so it might just be worth looking into...
-Hair transplant wise- He needs to be careful, he's really very young and until the hair loss stabilises he is at risk of getting a transplant and ending up with a very odd hair pattern, or losing it once again due to donor instability. I personally don't think he should even consider it right now, other treatments can halt/regrow his hair, at least until he's a bit older and more able to assess a greater range of options.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
I certainly agree with your last statement about Minoxidl and Nizoral. Since this is quite a unique case, maybe also consider the haircomb. It's received mixed reviews but I know of people who swear by it, so it might just be worth looking into...
-Hair transplant wise- He needs to be careful, he's really very young and until the hair loss stabilises he is at risk of getting a transplant and ending up with a very odd hair pattern, or losing it once again due to donor instability. I personally don't think he should even consider it right now, other treatments can halt/regrow his hair, at least until he's a bit older and more able to assess a greater range of options.

The "odd hair pattern after a transplant" is extremely overstated. Obviously he will need transplants in the future too cover future loss, however considering the circumstances he would probably be better off tackling the issue early. I mean at 16 he's going to be a norwood 4-5, at which point he is going to need one desperately. FUT to conserve donor area for a frontal transplant seems would be a good plan for the future. Toppik can always be used on the crown area, but for a kid this young a reasonable hairline is a necessity.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had same hairloss in your age and it almost stopped till my early 20-s... Now it worsened but still bearable.

Maybe yours will be the same.

FutureSaitama

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Feel bad for you man. Talk to your doctor, maybe you can try a really really low concentration of liposomal finasteride and minoxidil.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
As others are saying you should really be trying minoxidil and nizoral shampoo for the time being.

If you turn out to be a good responder they might indeed restore your peace of mind and carry you until you are old enough to try finasteride

smyth01

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah hold on for upcoming treatments costing 50k kid. My genuine advise is to see a dermatologist.

Dsport

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can we get an update?

Has the kid gotten on Minos?(EDIT SORRY I MEANT minoxidil)

QUOTE="kiddy88, post: 1465235, member: 130008"]i'm 14 been suffering with this for around 5 months now. and i really can't stand it. sometimes i even think i'm depressed because of it and i hate myself. derm said it's receding and there's nothing i can do it's just in my genes. i don't know if a hair transplant is an option and how to get one.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're fortunate you found this place. My hair was the same at that age and it took me another 13 years to realize there were genuine treatments to postpone hair loss. Get on finasteride (don't give a f*** about age) it will save and regain a little of your hair. Cut you're hair shorter. There will be a cure in your near future.

His c*** will stop growing

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're fortunate you found this place. My hair was the same at that age and it took me another 13 years to realize there were genuine treatments to postpone hair loss. Get on finasteride (don't give a f*** about age) it will save and regain a little of your hair. Cut you're hair shorter. There will be a cure in your near future.
You're a complete moron telling a 14 year old to take finasteride. f*** off.

Marti-Mar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride is insanity at his age. He's in the middle of puberty FFS. His body may not develop correctly if you mess with the hormones at this stage.

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i'm 14 been suffering with this for around 5 months now. and i really can't stand it. sometimes i even think i'm depressed because of it and i hate myself. derm said it's receding and there's nothing i can do it's just in my genes. i don't know if a hair transplant is an option and how to get one.

your hair still has good density dude. i've even seen girls with that hair line. it's possible your skull shape is just changing / growing. do you have any pics from a year or so ago to compare?

as the others said, hold off on finasteride until you're older but try some treatments in the meantime, and you can hold out for a transplant. who knows, this may stabilize after a few years.