12 months and BOOM!! Non-traditional methods baby!

AndHJ

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm not new to all the hair loss forums. I've been reading for a long time and am immensely thankful. It's now time to register a proper account and giveback.

I've been dealing with hair loss for the last 5 years. I shaved my head and thought, screw it, just live with it. I only started caring when my crown started thinning aggressively. Almost as if it happened overnight!! I'm here to share my last 3-4 years (in order of use) of mastering my regimen.

- Rogaine - 5-6 months. Didn't like the fact that it made me itch but if it was going to work, eff it. i'll do it. Stopped about the 6 month in because the itch was unbearable. My scalp was beet red and my dr said to stop
- Finasteride - 10 months. The first three months were great - the hair loss stopped and i noticed my hair on my crown was a bit thicker or they could've been new hairs. The unfortunate part here was that i fell into, well almost fell into, the very small % of people that feel the side effects. I don't think it's true that the side effects are permanent. Well they weren't for me, maybe it's because i caught it early. I was recently married and now trying to start a family so i wasn't going to risk anything that might get in the way so i stopped this
- Revivogen (the full kit for 6-7 months) - I had some overlap with the finasteride and during that time the two together were great. once i stopped the finasteride, there wasn't anything happening. it stayed the same which is great but i just got greedy.
- Regenepure KIT (5-6 months) - same thing as the Revivogen
- I started doing a lot of research towards the end of the finasteride era and during the shampoo phase. i started doing the following and have been doing so for over 2 years now:
1. combing/massaging/tapping techniques on a daily basis
2. I did an acid peel every few months
3. I used a series of topical products - emu, PSO, saw p, hyaluronic, apple poly, argon, tamanu, etc. This mix of topicals changed so many times. I apply a consolidated version of all this once to two times a day.
4. using a scalp roller 0.5mm - once a week
5. hot & cold showers
6. 1000mg of PSO every two days
7. stop wearing hats
8. cleaned up my diet - cut down on synthetic foods - i don't know if this actually helped but sh1t, i was seeing results and wasn't willing to give that up.
- 12 months from when i started the above, my crown was almost new. my receding hair line remained where it was but i didn't care about that because i read that's hard, if not impossible, to address.

I thought with all the success i've had that it's time to share it more publicly as opposed to just friends and acquaintances. For a long time, i kept this quiet because i didn't want anyone knowing that i was using something for my hair loss. i was really subconscious but as friends started feeling stressed about their hair loss, i had to say something. My goal in this all was to just keep what i have and i managed to do that while making my existing hair stronger.

blog_comparison.jpg

chemicalbrother

Established Member
Reaction score
hm, don't want to sound all negative and **** , but isn't most of the 'regrowth' just due to your hair being longer in the after pic?
Oh and
7) wearing hats (which aren't 80 sizes too small) does not cause hairloss...

AndHJ

Reaction score
not at all. I get it. i hear skeptics all the time. to be honest, i was a super skeptic myself but because i couldn't use finasteride and min i had to seek results elsewhere.

my hair all comes in at an equal density/thickness now. before my crown was really thin and sparse.

I only mentioned that i stopped wearing hats because i did. i'm a very active guy that used to wear pretty nasty hats all the time so i removed anything that could put pollutants into my scalp.

i literally just shaved my head (less then 20 minutes ago) 20141114_160310.jpgbut even in this picture you can see that my crown is much thicker and dense even though it's shorter than my pic from a couple of years ago

AndHJ

Reaction score
Soo uhhh
what do you claim thats responsible for this ?

It would be my full regimen:
1. Peel every two the three months to clean the scalp
2. Scalp rolling
3. Massaging and combing
4. Gethairjoy.com serum - pso, hyaluronic acid, emu, apple poly, saw palmetto and pygeum
5. 1000mg of pso every other day.

I saw the most long term gains with this regimen. The gains during the time where i had overlap with this regiman and finasteride yielded even faster results but i had to stop the finasteride due to sides.

Hope that helps

AndHJ

Reaction score
1. They're working for me and others that can't use minoxidil

2. You're very wrong. I've been at this regimen for over two years and the overlap with finasteride was only for a few months at the very beginning

3. I realized that the after pic has much longer hair which is why i posted a very recent picture with a shorter shave proving that the hair on my crown is thicker and denser.

4. It actually doesn't cost a lot at all. It's comparable to a rogaine product every few months - maybe a bit more. BTW, there were clinical trials earlier this year proving the efficacy of PSO for hair loss http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pm...df/ECAM2014-549721.pdf - does this look fake to you?

5. Not spreading BS at all!! this is working for me and SEVERAL other friends and acquaintances that are & aren't using finasteride or min, hence why i put this on this thread. I am by no means saying that newbies shouldn't try the mainstream stuff first because even i've experienced moderate success with them. What i'm saying is that if for whatever reason you can't use those products, or they don't work as well as you thought they would then this is the perfect complement/substitute. Don't get so hung up on the FDA approved stuff. i've spent enough years in the OTC/Big pharma industry to know that FDA approved product isn't the end all for solutions for OTC. FDA is the definitely the ruler when it comes to prescribed meds but not OTC my friend.

smyth01

Established Member
Reaction score
It would be my full regimen:
1. Peel every two the three months to clean the scalp
2. Scalp rolling
3. Massaging and combing
4. Gethairjoy.com serum - pso, hyaluronic acid, emu, apple poly, saw palmetto and pygeum
5. 1000mg of pso every other day.

I saw the most long term gains with this regimen. The gains during the time where i had overlap with this regiman and finasteride yielded even faster results but i had to stop the finasteride due to sides.

Hope that helps

Oh, I see. Your here to push your useless products.

AndHJ

Reaction score
Yes it's my product and I stand by it because it has worked for me and many others. It's a shame that this thread can't act as an open form of discussion and that the lack of knowledge in the clinical trial world has given you a skewed perspective. Let me know if you want to chat about how the pharmaceutical world actually works because i have several years of experience in that realm and can share with you why products go through the fda process

- - - Updated - - -

1. None of the things you cited are doing anything for your male pattern baldness

2. You used finasteride and minoxidil, 100% of your "result" came from those

3. Your hair is longer in the after picture. I know it can make a world of a difference for the crown

4. That unproven regimen must cost a lot of money and time

5. Stop spreading false hope and BS to the newbies

1.You're very wrong. It's been helping me a SEVERAL other friends and acquaintances.

2. I stopped the minoxidil almost a year before starting this regimen. I had an overlap with finasteride but that was only the first 3 months and the results i achieved, although great during the first three, mainly came in after the 12th month

3. Yes, i can see how this is misleading which is why i posted a very recent photo of my head shaved at an even short length to show everyone the density and thickness of my crown as it is today - over two months in

4. yes, it costs time and money but heck, it's been working so i will continue doing it

5. i'm not spreading false hopes. It's unfortunate that everything outside of the mainstream is Sh@t on just because the alternatives don't have the big clinical trial dolors that the big pharma does. They actually released a clinical trial showing the efficacy levels of PSO for hair loss http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4017725/pdf/ECAM2014-549721.pdf - tell me if that's fake as well

hoju

Reaction score
I think people's attitudes may have been somewhat different if you initially stated what your motives were.

Discussion is fine, but I think advertising your product are probably not.

dehoha

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1. None of the things you cited are doing anything for your male pattern baldness

2. You used finasteride and minoxidil, 100% of your "result" came from those

3. Your hair is longer in the after picture. I know it can make a world of a difference for the crown

4. That unproven regimen must cost a lot of money and time

5. Stop spreading false hope and BS to the newbies

6.* No dermarolling talk on this forum, your (irresponsible) thread will be locked

I saw your post back in 2011, how you thought optimistically about halting hair loss with natural remedies. Ugh, kinda scary how aggressive hair loss cannot be halted no matter what. Fred is a real survivor and I actually respect that.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
- Revivogen (the full kit for 6-7 months) - I had some overlap with the finasteride and during that time the two together were great. once i stopped the finasteride, there wasn't anything happening. it stayed the same which is great but i just got greedy.
- Regenepure KIT (5-6 months) - same thing as the Revivogen
- I started doing a lot of research towards the end of the finasteride era and during the shampoo phase. i started doing the following and have been doing so for over 2 years now:
1. combing/massaging/tapping techniques on a daily basis
2. I did an acid peel every few months
3. I used a series of topical products - emu, PSO, saw p, hyaluronic, apple poly, argon, tamanu, etc. This mix of topicals changed so many times. I apply a consolidated version of all this once to two times a day.
5. hot & cold showers
6. 1000mg of PSO every two days
7. stop wearing hats
8. cleaned up my diet - cut down on synthetic foods - i don't know if this actually helped but sh1t, i was seeing results and wasn't willing to give that up.
- 12 months from when i started the above, my crown was almost new. my receding hair line remained where it was but i didn't care about that because i read that's hard, if not impossible, to address.

All of this is useless hippie bullsh!t that doesnt do anything at all for hair. Stop spreading lies. The only thing left from your misleading regimen is magic pixie dust.

dehoha

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What the heck is PSO?
Pumpkin seed oil. I had difficulties figuring this one out as well. I visited the website that was mentioned, looks super sketchy. I could not find anywhere in the site that lists ingredients in the products it's selling.