1000$ hair system!

Reaction score
Hi guys, as the topic says i payed 1000$ for an hair piece, i am from India and there are not many hair system vendors in my town, its ironic considering most of the hair is shipped out from here. I feel bloody angry when i see even people in other countries have payed far less than i have.

This does not cover maintenance or repair, so far unless i use a lot of water on my hair it looks pretty fake and buffed up like a wig. I asked him to get me something natural but all he does is spray water on my head and talk me out of my despair.

Please someone tell me which is a good place online to get a nice hair piece,
best density that would last long and look natural at the same time,
and where can i get an glue kit on line? He is charging me 100$ just for glue. :(

pokerboi.ben

Reaction score
hi......me to from india.....good to see a fellow india .....
i too recently got a system....it was for 25k INR(dats like around 500$) +maintaince extra dats like 1200(25-30$),,,,,,,,me too not satisfied with my system,,,,,,,,,,though it does not look fake ,,,,but scalp is not dat visible bcoz density is a bit high,,,,,,,also d hairline is terrrible so i cant raise my front hair.......also its shedding a lot of hair
btw where did u get ur system from???? i got it from Elite hair Studio in mumbai

Noah

Reaction score
Yeah, 1000 is a bit of a rip-off. There are quite a few decent places online now, but Toplace and Coolpiece are two of the most reliable. Prices are around the 200 - 300 region. If you need help, feel free to PM me. Good luck.

Noah

Reaction score
pokerboi.ben said:
hi......me to from india.....good to see a fellow india .....
i too recently got a system....it was for 25k INR(dats like around 500$) +maintaince extra dats like 1200(25-30$),,,,,,,,me too not satisfied with my system,,,,,,,,,,though it does not look fake ,,,,but scalp is not dat visible bcoz density is a bit high,,,,,,,also d hairline is terrrible so i cant raise my front hair.......also its shedding a lot of hair
btw where did u get ur system from???? i got it from Elite hair Studio in mumbai

Nice to see you here as well, i got mine from a place called WC they have the premium which is like 50,000 and the non-premium which does not have a good front hair line and retails for about 40,000Rs. Its sort of an rip off when you see how the online stores retail the same stuff for 300$.

Do you also use a lot of water to comb it down, it looks natural though.

Reaction score
Noah said:
Yeah, 1000 is a bit of a rip-off. There are quite a few decent places online now, but Toplace and Coolpiece are two of the most reliable. Prices are around the 200 - 300 region. If you need help, feel free to PM me. Good luck.

Noah

Hi Noah, i have heard of those 2 sites as well, they seem to provide good systems for a decent price. The problem is i dont have an mold of my head to send them one, currently i am a new user and my system is glued to my head so i cant remove it and i have to go to him for the first sitting for him to show me how to remove it. Once i know how to remove it can i just use a paper to trace my systems out line and send it over to Cool-piece?

Everything is expensive with him, even the front lace glue is like 100$ when it only costs 5 or 10$ online.

pokerboi.ben

Reaction score
i dont have to use a lot of water ....when i bought it was all buffed up but now a days i dont feel dat all d hair has settled down ,,,o may b it just coz i got usede to it.......my friends say it looks very real ........d only thing sad bout my sys is as i said d scalp is not visible also d pathetic hairline????

wat bout your hairline ????
is it same as d hair system sites like BA,Hair Direct n others show coz mine is no where near it,,,,,,it also lacks dose baby hairs,,,,so i hav to keep my hair line hidden

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Hairplzz. Those salon places like to keep you dependent on them, not knowing what you are wearing and unable to maintain your own hair. If you want to carry on wearing hair, the sooner you break free the better.

I would suggest that the next time you go for a refit, you tell them that you are going into hospital for surgery and you need to be able to take your piece off yourself, so they need to put it on with a shorter-term alcohol-soluble adhesive. Then, you can take your own piece off using alcohol and either send it to one of the Internet suppliers to be duplicated (if you can wear a hat during the period it is away) or make your own template. It is not that difficult to do. A site called Hair4all has a very good video showing you how to do it.

Reaction score
pokerboi.ben said:
i dont have to use a lot of water ....when i bought it was all buffed up but now a days i dont feel dat all d hair has settled down ,,,o may b it just coz i got usede to it.......my friends say it looks very real ........d only thing sad bout my sys is as i said d scalp is not visible also d pathetic hairline????

wat bout your hairline ????
is it same as d hair system sites like BA,Hair Direct n others show coz mine is no where near it,,,,,,it also lacks dose baby hairs,,,,so i hav to keep my hair line hidden

Mine does not have the small baby hair(vellus hair) either, but for people who dont know me cant tell that i have one but people who do know me keep asking what have i done to my hair, i have to tell them that i have taken a treatment but they do look suspicious and i am a bad liar to, its surprising you have told your friends about it? How have the received that? No one mocking you or threatening to rip it off if they get angry? :)

I have added some pics of mine, tell me what you think and also if you can please post yours.

Attachments

• 27122011796.jpg
    27122011796.jpg
    269.9 KB · Views: 314
  • 28122011814.jpg
    28122011814.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 271
Reaction score
Noah said:
Hi Hairplzz. Those salon places like to keep you dependent on them, not knowing what you are wearing and unable to maintain your own hair. If you want to carry on wearing hair, the sooner you break free the better.

I would suggest that the next time you go for a refit, you tell them that you are going into hospital for surgery and you need to be able to take your piece off yourself, so they need to put it on with a shorter-term alcohol-soluble adhesive. Then, you can take your own piece off using alcohol and either send it to one of the Internet suppliers to be duplicated (if you can wear a hat during the period it is away) or make your own template. It is not that difficult to do. A site called Hair4all has a very good video showing you how to do it.

I know how they are trying to get me addicted but do we have an option? May be as you told me next time i will use an water based glue and come back home and remove it and make a template at home. I think i can do that but which one do you think is the best out there? French lace, swiss lace or combo i have no clue which one is meant to be good?

pokerboi.ben

Reaction score
i have just started wearing,,,,,,around 20 days,,,,i havent told all of my friends only 3-4 ppl,,,, we used to attend a class ,,just 3-4 of us,,,,,its d only place i used sit w/o my cap ....but they are like gud friends who i know will never take my case,,,,,,,but i still havnt gathered d balls to e1 show it to my friends who live close to my place i used to wear a cap or skull cap around dem for last 3-4 months but they do kno i hav a rceding problem ,,,,,,n if i go in front of dem with such head full of hair.......dey are for sure going to suspect something amiss ,,,,,n u kno how ur close friend are dey never leave a chance to pull your legs......but it can happen dat dey take it maturely,,,,,,but i m still afraid,,,,i m still wearing a cap when i hang out with them,,,,.........also i dont kno how wil ppl from my college will react(tho i m done with my coll),,,,,,but you come across dem here n der,,,wat shud i say to dem,,,,,,, may b i m just paranoid ,,,,,,i was not dat bald when i was in college,,,,it was only in d last 6 months when i stopped finasteride,minoxidil,n multivitamins......my hair condition went worse,,,,,,,n i dont THINK ne1 has seen me dat way.....but still :shakehead:

one more thing is dat it becomes somewhat unmanageable after i wake up in d morning...one more thing ....i used to keep it messy before d sysytem so went for dat same look......but d density is a little more...also d d base is white(i dont wat6 d material is ...it s something b/w a lace and thin skin with pores),,,he said dat dis base lasts longer den d normal lace ....bcoz of d white base,,,,,,,,,when i see it in front of a mirror with the tube on it looks like d white light reflecting from my hair but it is actually d base,,,,,,,,,so d scalp not being visible thing is a drawback for me,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,

.as far as ur system i considered u have a partioned hair style so a good amount of scalp is visible .........did they say something bout d life of d system??? dis guy said to me dat goes for 9-12 mnths,,,,,,,but i doubt coz all d sites say system last for 4-5 mnths max,,,,,aftter dat hair fades n falls....i dont wanto spend 25k inr every 3-4 months,,,,,dats one reason i didnt go for a very less density coz he said in less density with hair falling out u system life will go down????? im searching for some other vendors in india ,,,,,coz i now i atleat have d exp of wearing one(first i had jst d theory knowlwdge)......

ps: around 2-3 week i itched it dat bad ....i have bald patch on my ssystem now.........

sorry for d long post

Reaction score
I haven't told anyone yet and i dont intend to, i lie out of my teeth and tell them i took a serious treatment, since they can see my partitioned scalp they stare and give me a weird frown and then say ok, anyway i dont give a f*** what they think later on, how ever there are those who want to touch your scalp and feel it, such types are annoying so i tell them that i had a surgery and i cant let anyone touch it because of infection. LMAO!

But still the ones available in India seem to be far inferior to those in US or Europe, those ones seem to have a better hair line and the scalp is visible to, perhaps they are willing to use it only for 3 months before they throw it away and buy a new one, so i guess for them the issue of long lasting and durability is not there. Yet i payed 50,000 for mine dude, i feel like a prick when i think of it. One of my friends had an hair transplant for that price and mine does not even last for 6 months. I am trying to find those sites which sell on the net, they seem to be far cheaper and look more real.

After that i know a guy who does lace wigs in chennai and perhaps i can ask him to do repairs or hair addition if at all it needed in the future. I think he can will do a good job for maintenance.

Why dont you add a few pics of yours? Let me see how your system looks and who was your vendor?

pokerboi.ben

Reaction score
i m down wih cough n cold for d last 2-3 days it means dat i havent styled my hair,,,,,its now actually lookin like a sick mans hair,,,,,may b its acting like its a part of my body now ........also i havent clicked any pics of my hair system before ,,,,,,i ll click n upload dem in a day o two.........

do u think a person touching your scalp is a giveaway,,,,,d web site says its undetectable to touch ,,,,,but i think touchin d scalp feels diff den touchin d base material.....may b its bcoz i kno i m dat wat i m touching is d base,,,,,,,,,

i m actually confused whether to continue my life in d system or to buzz/shave it off........ppl say i used to look gud with my buzz look....as far as d transplant goes i was goin to get one dis october but i backed out,,,,,coz i didnt want to wait for an year t osee d result also i didnt want to live in d fear dat my hair may fall off in d future ,,,,,,den i cant e1 go n shave it off bcoz of d scar

got my system from elite hair studio in mumbai,,,dey have branches in hyd. too...also dey say dey affiliated with transition hair grp which is an int group and their site has gallery in which some systems actually have pretty gud hair line n density............

u are saying dat ur 50k system will jst last 6 mnths so r u goint to spend 1L every year jst for d hair,,,,,,,,,,

Reaction score
The hair on my system is far more rough to the touch and anyone who touches it will know that its not real. Its ok as long as they dont touch.

As for being undecided well i had the shaved look for years since collage and i was very ok with that, i was of the opinion i looked good but later on i faced bullying and insults from internet, site like Chatrolluet people called me in racial terms like hey n*gger and all that, apparently the blacks in US are mixed race so they look a little like us, so these raceist morons ended up calling me with racial terms and even here there where people who have insulted me on the road like baldy and worse part is that people have laughed at that publicly. So i lost confidence with that look.

I used to be a very good looking guy as long as i had my hair and people used to turn their heads and give me positive stares but since i lost my hair some people and particularly women get scared because i am a little tall atleast for indian standards and so they dont seem to like me.

About the issue of continuing to wear it or not, See the logic is that when we lose our teeth we keep a new set of teeth, when we lose proper vision we wear glasses, when we have hair growing on our face most men shave it off, when we put on weight we try to lose it, then why when we lose hair we cant have a replacement, when it is available? Why this double standard about hair alone? A guy who shaves his face every day is allowed to have that luxury in society but we should be judged if we wanted hair on our head?How is that logical, we are a shallow and stupid species then why deny it and be a hypocrite? even when you shave it off would any bald man guarantee he wished he never had hair on his head? Every time you shave your going to think you had more hair. Why suffer that mindset and not have hair instead?

I feel far far better now about how i look and my boyish looks are back to. About the money part i am still not sure, i will see how long this lasts and also there are many good internet sites offering swiss lace for 200$ or 10,000Rs. I will make a template and send it over and buy that instead.

pokerboi.ben

Reaction score
where are u from basically?????i m an indian with dark complexion ,,,,,,,,i hav faced all dat sh*t al my life....n i never gave a sh*t ,,,i used to face dem e1 when i had full head of hair,,,but dat was once in a while not a nevry day thing......buzzing my head didnt make it worse either,,,,,,,,,,,,but i never had dis situation where i have been laughed at publicly as u said,,,,,,,,, i always used to keep it buzzed using d smallest clipper attchment,,,,but never shaved ,,,,,coz i dont like dat shine,,,i like dat stubble....but i dont think i wud be able to keep for too long bcoz after a few years dat somewhat full head of stubble will become a horshoe stubble ,i will to keep it clean shaved den,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
n bout my system i personally feel it looks terrible......i m goin to for reattachment dis week i ll tell him to make some changes to my hair style and a get a partion lets see how it looks den,,,,,...

do u have ne idea how much shippin does d international vendors charge for shippin systems to india????pls lemme kno

Reaction score
pokerboi.ben said:
where are u from basically?????i m an indian with dark complexion ,,,,,,,,i hav faced all dat sh*t al my life....n i never gave a sh*t ,,,i used to face dem e1 when i had full head of hair,,,but dat was once in a while not a nevry day thing......buzzing my head didnt make it worse either,,,,,,,,,,,,but i never had dis situation where i have been laughed at publicly as u said,,,,,,,,, i always used to keep it buzzed using d smallest clipper attchment,,,,but never shaved ,,,,,coz i dont like dat shine,,,i like dat stubble....but i dont think i wud be able to keep for too long bcoz after a few years dat somewhat full head of stubble will become a horshoe stubble ,i will to keep it clean shaved den,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
n bout my system i personally feel it looks terrible......i m goin to for reattachment dis week i ll tell him to make some changes to my hair style and a get a partion lets see how it looks den,,,,,...

do u have ne idea how much shippin does d international vendors charge for shippin systems to india????pls lemme kno

Hi mate, what happened with your system? You still hanging on to it?