10 months on Minoxidil (w Nizoral & Multivitamin)

person22

Reaction score
Hi,
Decided to do a 10month update of my experience with my regime, mainly for anyone thinking about using it can get an idea on timescale and what to expect.
Firstly I'm very happy with my results but this is in part due to the fact I was REALISTIC, infact I was pretty sceptical so when I did get results I was delighted,

I think people give up on minoxidil too quickly, it was only at about month 7 there was any real regrowth, I stopped loosing my hair very soon after I started using minoxidil foam but any regrowth happened much much later, an interesting point is that when I first started using minoxidil I didn't use it on my crown, this was either because I simply didnt realise I was thinning there (had shaved head) or that I wasn't yet, I only started using it on my crown about 4-5 months on, so it'll be interesting to see if I get similar results on my crown in a few months time,

I used 5% foam (regaine) for 6 months until I switched to 5% lipogaine in morning and 15% dualgen in evening, this is when the real results happened BUT this could either be because it was simply the time of using minoxidil OR that I started using these higher strengths, (I'm currently using capillogain in the morning as a test to see if it'll make any light hairs I have go dark. I won't be using it after this bottle as its just too hard to apply and realistically I wouldn't wanna use it daily)

Side affects, for the first week or two I'd get a slightly raised heart beat about 15 mins after application, perhaps this was just a nervous response I don't know,
I've noticed excess hair on chest, arms/wrist, eyebrows and facial hair, infact I like the increased facial hair so still keep a bottle of regaine foam I put on my patchy beard !
Today I had my blood pressure checked (in Tesco pharmacy for uk readers) and all was fine,
I have noticed my regrowth hair is almost 'in sync' , Ie it looks great for a few weeks then goes a bit rubbish for a week or so before it starts growing again,
I shaved my head for the first 4 months if just helped me with application until I was settled in a regime,

No shedding initially , now my hair 'sheds' in cycles as described above

In conjunction with the minoxidil I use nizoral ever couple of days (you don't need to be religious about using it just don't use it too often) , And a multivitamin called tricologic by wellman, I don't really contribute the vitamin to any success but I think it's good to have the right vitamins floating around your bloodstream to help any growth u do have,

To sum up in my personal experience I'd recommend my regime if your not happy about using propecia(ill list my regime below) , if you have any questions just ask,

Morning - 5% lipogaine (currently on capillogain but returning to lipogaine)
Evening - 15% dualgen
Every 2-3 days nizoral (wash hair with generic shampoo first then apply nizoral)
Wellman tricologic pill , suggested dose 2-3 pills daily but I only take one to keep costs down

mrcurns

Reaction score
Thanks a lot, as somebody just about to start minoxidil (lipogaine) for the first time, this is encouraging especially considering you haven't touched finasteride like myself.

A

andrew lincoln

Thanks a lot, as somebody just about to start minoxidil (lipogaine) for the first time, this is encouraging especially considering you haven't touched finasteride like myself.

Yep, it's hard to find success stories without finasteride, but it's encouraging to see, that there are alternatives.

person22

Reaction score
I'm in uk but I order direct from minoxidilmax in bulk orders (6 bottles ie 6month supply each order)

so 15 month update,
not much to report really, haven't lost any hair and have fully regrown the hair I'd lost on my crown,
I don't come on here much anymore but it's still disheartening to see idiots constantly bad mouthing minoxidil just because it didnt work for them, it does work for a lot of people but I do believe u need higher strengths than 5% and I also think u need a minoxidil product with azelaic acid for DHT and retin-a for absorbtion that's why I'm such a supporter of dualgen, it just makes sense! My regime now is slightly different as I use dualgen5 instead of lipogaine in morning and dualgen15 still in evening, still use nizoral but not very often,
any questions then please ask,
peace

bryan87

Reaction score
Were you using Minoxidil on your temples? Did it make any changes? I'm trying to avoid finasteride as much as a I can. Also is very hard to find someone that will have success with Minoxidil alone. My crown is good, but my temples are not. Please let me know. Also do you have any pictures that you can share?