1 year on Big 3 - before/after

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello again guys, it's been about a year now since I started the treatments and I thought it'd be appropriate to update. I'm linking my old thread so you can see my progression so far from baseline to 9 months and below you can see how I look now.

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=61070

My hair has thickened up quite a bit obviously that's the good news, bad news is it looks like my temples are receding, at least one is showing more thinning. I took one pic with my hand slightly pushing the hair aside so you can see the thinning. My crown showed some thinning a couple months but rogaine seems to have regrown it a bit. My sides are looking thinner too these days too but recently I started apply rogaine there.

So what do you guys think? Certainly a victory in my regrowth, the front especially compared to my pics a year ago but my one temple worries me.

Attachments

• tempe1.JPG
    tempe1.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,164
  • temple 1.JPG
    temple 1.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 917
  • temple 2.JPG
    temple 2.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 893
  • front.JPG
    front.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 1,459

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
I hope you can keep the temples, it might just be that your body REALLY wants to get rid of those hairs so even minoxidil and finasteride won't hlep

Keep trying though and keep us updated.

compaq1

Reaction score
I have the same problem , my right temple is still lacking .. i got good regrowth few months ago , then for some reason this months it started to thin again .. i only use minoxidil once at night , thinking of picking up some minoxidil foam and using it only on my right temple 2 times a day and stick with once a day for the rest of my hair ..

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
TheGrayMan2001 said:
I hope you can keep the temples, it might just be that your body REALLY wants to get rid of those hairs so even minoxidil and finasteride won't hlep

Keep trying though and keep us updated.

From the thinning I'm seeing which isn't obvious in the pics, I do think my temples and sides will get worse. I will say applying rogaine to long hair is a b**ch which makes me want to cut my hair short again. Then again who knows if I'll ever have hair this thick again so I'll probably keep growing it for a bit.

I'll let you guys know of any changes and thanks for everyone's input!