1 mm of unattached lace at the front after fresh reattachment

Fanjeera

Reaction score
What do you do when the hairline attachment wasn't perfect and you're left with 1-2 mm-s of unattached lace? Apply small drops of glue with a toothpick? Any other good methods how to correct this situation?

It's difficult to get the glue border to match exactly with the lace border. Every time it's one crossing the other which leads to mess. Glue before hairline is better probably -- not that detectable (no lace lift atleast), but will attract dirt.

Here's a picture of my situation right now:
lNXrugF.jpg

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
cut it back 1mm?

- - - Updated - - -

Cut it back 1mm?
From the pic, your hairline doesnt look very natural. Bit too dense.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
cut it back 1mm?

- - - Updated - - -

Cut it back 1mm?
From the pic, your hairline doesnt look very natural. Bit too dense.

i think it should be attached. then after every attachment i will have to cut 1 mm away from my piece :D. that's not good. i just failed to mark the hairline precisely enough again

it is dense yes. i thought that more density would look good. and it does look good, just not very natural.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I usually apply my tape a mm or two back and during wearing the tape seems to expand outwards with body heat and active.

I would go for a more graduated front, but hey if it works for you then more power to you!

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I usually apply my tape a mm or two back and during wearing the tape seems to expand outwards with body heat and active.

I would go for a more graduated front, but hey if it works for you then more power to you!
I'm using glue and I've waited a day now -- it hasn't expanded. So I need to attach this 1 mm of flap tomorrow before going out somehow!! :mad:

two more pics of this:

NDPy1lh.jpg

DpFRjZK.jpg

yeah, i'm going for a more graduated front the next time. though, it's in october, because i'm not getting any money before that. it's just my first time and i wanted a cheap one, because i'm still a student.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ive tried to do this before with walkers and its wasnt easy.
If you have ghostbond or similar that doesnt string much easier and use a cotton bud to dab it on, just take care it doesnt get into the hair.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Ive tried to do this before with walkers and its wasnt easy.
If you have ghostbond or similar that doesnt string much easier and use a cotton bud to dab it on, just take care it doesnt get into the hair.
luckily i've got both. thank you :notworthy! will have to be extra careful