0.03mg Finasteride Test Commence. Contains Pictures.

NormanNorwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Post and pictures:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.png
image.gif

Posted on here a week or so ago. Anyway, all my equipment has finally arrived so I can begin finally!

Below are photos of what I'm using and my current hair situation.

A little back story:

I've always had a high hairline but I've gone from a Norwood 1 to a Norwood 2/2.5 in 3 months (correct me if I'm wrong though).

In the pictures you can actually see where my original hair line was in about April and where it has receded too.

I've always had long hair so have been able to hide it somewhat but it's getting harder and harder so I may have to start getting shorter haircuts.

I've also lost around 25% density on the top and a small gash shaped line has formed in my crown which I don't have a picture of.

6 months ago I had the THICKEST hair imaginable, it was ridiculous, you could pull my hair and it genuinely wouldn't hurt at all. Many barbers have commented over the years on it's ridiculous thickness but it's all gone downhill very quickly.

Baldness does run in my family, I even have an uncle who is on Propecia for 9/10 months now but he has had no problems. I was on finasteride for around 3 weeks (and my shedding completely stopped) but my erections were becoming increasingly weaker (and trust me it wasn't in my head). 2 weeks after quitting they were back and as strong as ever.

Included are photos of my temples both left and right (right side is more receded), my bottle and plastic syringe, the 200ml of 88% vodka I dissolved 3x 1mg finasteride pills in and the charts which show serum DHT and scalp DHT on multiple doses. I have chosen 0.03mg 3x a week or every 3 days.

Wish me luck. Providing I don't drop out due to sides I will try and post monthly photos.

Faith11

Reaction score
Wish you all the best. I would suggest you to start with at least 0.15 mg. It is because there is a different of 30% in DHT reduction from .03 to 0.2 MG. 0.15 MG is the closest possible and I am sure you won't have any or very less side effect on it. But in the end, it's your decision.

NormanNorwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not a
Wish you all the best. I would suggest you to start with at least 0.15 mg. It is because there is a different of 30% in DHT reduction from .03 to 0.2 MG. 0.15 MG is the closest possible and I am sure you won't have any or very less side effect on it. But in the end, it's your decision.

Not a bad idea actually. Tapering on to the medicine may help my body adjust? 2ml is 0.03mg so I'll do 3/4 doses of 0.015mg (1ml before going up).

Faith11

Reaction score
Not a

Not a bad idea actually. Tapering on to the medicine may help my body adjust? 2ml is 0.03mg so I'll do 3/4 doses of 0.015mg (1ml before going up).

So how is it going for you brother? Did u experience any side effects? sexual or mental

NormanNorwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So how is it going for you brother? Did u experience any side effects? sexual or mental

1 week in. Itch maybe very mildly reduced but really no way to say. Did have mild testicle ache for a few seconds the other day. I assume it is a nocebo effect.

Took 0.015mg, waited 3 days, took another 0.015mg. Due for another dose tomorrow, will up it to 0.03mg every 3 days and eventually build up to every 2 days.

Can confirm my penis is still functioning. Going to meet a girl this week, that will be real test haha.

NormanNorwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how old are you?

Are you diagnosed with alopecia by a dermatologist ?

Only 22, 23 in August though. Not diagnosed by a dermatologist but saw a normal doctor and he said I'm definitely receding.

Weird cause my Dad had a solid head of hair well until about 45 years old.

I am still considering seeing a derm though so I will know 100% but I'm following a classic male pattern baldness pattern (albeit a very aggressive one).

Got really bad itch at temples all of a sudden, temples started going 3/4 months ago soon after itch.

Then I got an itchy vertex and top + sides of scalp.

Minituarised hairs everywhere in shower when I wash. Seems that one or both of my Norwood 9 million Grandfathers have forsaken me from the grave!

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Normanorwood, you are very young and most people here dream with your actual hair,
your recession in the front hairline may be natural

The itchy in vertex and sides is not a good situation, but it would be possible to solve this with a visit to the dermatologist .

My advice is to settle this issue before using anti-androgens.
Good luck

NormanNorwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Normanorwood, you are very young and most people here dream with your actual hair,
your recession in the front hairline may be natural

The itchy in vertex and sides is not a good situation, but it would be possible to solve this with a visit to the dermatologist .

My advice is to settle this issue before using anti-androgens.
Good luck

Yeah I mean I still have a pretty nice head of hair and by all means it's still considered thick hair but the amount I have diffuse lost and the distance I have receded at the temples in a very short period of time is concerning. Especially as it doesn't really seem to be slowing down much.

It looks far beyond the stage of a "mature hairline" now. I will go see a proper hair doctor (dermatologist or trichologist?) and check but in the mean time will continue my Finasteride regime.

I've been incredible stressed/anxious/depressed from February/March until about end of May. There is a chance I'm losing hair to stress at the moment aswell. Telegen Effluvium doesn't itch though and I get the itch :(

Also having my thyroid levels checked soon. I am not "hypo-thyroidic" but in the last 7/8 months my thyroid levels have very slowly crept up above the "normal range".

However hairloss at my levels would be ridiculously rare. Especially as thyroid hairloss doesn't follow a distinct pattern like my male pattern baldness seems too.

jd_uk

Reaction score
I don't understand those graphs...one shows a 45% serum change in DHT, the other (0.04mg) shows almost no serum DHT change. Bad science perhaps?

Thanks for doing the experiment though. Will be interested in updates.

NormanNorwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The graphs don't start at 100% I think. :) If you look at the graph (the second one) the serum DHT levels actually start around 70%.

Scalp DHT can be inhibited almost the same amount without lowering systematic serum DHT or at least that is the hope.

I upped the dose from 0.015mg to 0.03mg today. Itch still present at the moment. Think I am being hyper aware of it though. Will re-dose in 2 days (Wednesday).

Won't update unless to add monthly photos, answer people's questions or to say that I am dropping out due to sides.

Iopu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I may try this myself if you don't get sides. Currently on a topical only regimen.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been incredible stressed/anxious/depressed from February/March until about end of May. There is a chance I'm losing hair to stress at the moment aswell. Telegen Effluvium doesn't itch though and I get the itch :(

You need solve it, good luck

abcdefg

Reaction score
Isnt it hard on your liver taking finasteride and alcohol at the same time? Your not really supposed to take drugs and drink strong alcohol but how else do you get that small of a dose without making some kind of dissolved solution. Does dissolving or mixing finasteride in with alcohol changes its properties or composition at all? I dont know if a liquid like that would absorb the same as if you took the pill with water.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Isnt it hard on your liver taking finasteride and alcohol at the same time? Your not really supposed to take drugs and drink strong alcohol but how else do you get that small of a dose without making some kind of dissolved solution. Does dissolving or mixing finasteride in with alcohol changes its properties or composition at all? I dont know if a liquid like that would absorb the same as if you took the pill with water.

It's a tiny amount of alcohol.

Last edited:

NormanNorwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah the alcohol is like 1-2ml. There is more in a beer from the pub.

So my itch is reduced at this point however I haven't had a erection in 2 days + woke up this morning and my dick just looked a little dead.

I'm having the same symptons as last time it seems. Didn't have any of these before I started finasteride again.

-No morning erections
-When I pee there is often a bit of dribble out the end (gross I know sorry).
-No arousing thoughts or even a tickle down there.

I haven't attempted to get a erection but the fact I'm not having them spontaneously isn't a promising sign.

I'm going to see this out to the end of the week but it's not looking good fellas and I don't believe in "pushing past symptons". I think that's where the real damage can be done.

Christ almighty, it seems my body wants/needs every bit of DHT it can get..

NormanNorwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@NormanNorwood how's your weight in the past year?

Are you at 0.03/day or 0.15/day?

I'm a healthy weight. I'm on the low side of a healthy BMI (68kg/6ft 2 inches) but I'm pretty healthy.

Good diet. Active lifestyle, I walk 5-7miles a day for work. I have like no body fat on my at all and I'm pretty damn strong. I smoke about 5 a day though but I'm in good shape.

I do wonder if I naturally have high levels of Estrogen though? I don't seem to display high level of Estrogen symptons in men though.

Went up to 0.03mg. Gunna drop back down to 0.015mg and see if side effects subside.

I think I am very very sensitive to this stuff..