Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Parasites and hair loss

I found this pretty interesting, another explanation of why SOME people lose hair.

CANDIDA AND PARASITES

The same yeast that causes vaginal yeast infections can cause hair loss. This yeast lives in the intestinal tract and is normal in small amounts. Antibiotics, stress, high sugar diets and other factors can cause this yeast to overgrow out of control. Both Candida and Parasites rob the body of nutrition. They live in the intestines and eat our food. Further, they prevent your body from absorbing vitamins, minerals and proteins necessary for hair growth.

The correct parasite and candida elimination program can many times reverse the hair loss problem. However many candida and parasite programs fail. You must make sure that the program you are doing is effective.

For those of you who think I misinterpret everything I read or hear, I'll leave the url to website where I found this.

http://www.health-truth.com/articles/breakthrough03.asp

Yup, all of this stuff combined amounts to 1% of men with hairloss. Probably less. So, "SOME" people is right.

Are you trying to convince yourself that you don't have MPB by trying to find all these other excuses/alternative "reasons" men can lose their hair?
    Your chance of actually having one of these illnesses/conditions in RELATION to your hairloss is less than winning the lottery six times in one year, dude.

Yes, I am trying to convince myself I don't have MPB, as two dermatologists have told me I don't have it.

I found another site ( I don't remember the URL) that listed many of the symptoms that come with a parasite infenction. I have almost all of them.

I really don't think my hair loss is MPB. You can tell me it is as much as you want, but I just don't think it is. For me, once a hair falls out, no minaturized hair regrows. You can tell me I wrong about that too if you want, but I check daily where hairs fall out and nothing and no smaller hairs have ever regrown. I've only been losing hair for about 10 months, and I have never had minaturized hairs grow in. I have a bad case of dermatitis, maybe if psoriaris, on my scalp, and products such as Nizoral 2%, Selenium Sullfide, Clobetsal Proponate, and Olux Foam have never helped clear my scalp up. At one point, my scalp stunk of yeast as well, which leads back to the possible parasite infenction. By the way, my parasite infenctions started around the same time as my hair thinning. 8 months of fin hasn't done a thing for me, so I'm thinking maybe it just isnt MPB.

yes, this is true, actually we just got done studying candida yeast and parasitic infections in my med school class, but i think all people are trying to say here is that these are very RARE causes of hairloss, and intestinal parasite infections, syphillis, whatever else causes hairloss you often (not always) have other symptoms associated with them, not just hair falling out. candida, yes is found everywhere in the gut of some people in low frequencies, but TYPICALLY it takes an elderly, newborn, or some underlying immune system defect, or other underlying problem like diabetes or endocrinopathies for them to truly get out of hand. if you've been eating a ton of uncooked meat or have AIDS or been taking immunosuppressive drugs due to leukemia/organ transplant you are probably okay here, its not usually healthy 20 year olds that get candida infections. if you really think you have one of these infections go see a doctor, the people on this forum won't be able to help you or give you the right antiparasitic/candida drugs.

on the other hand, i understand you are angry because people are blowing off your claims, but people here are trying to HELP you, its important to understand that you probably have MPB, and there are good drugs out there to treat them and you need to start now! and not waste time in denial about what it might actually be. so if you really think you have some underlying problem, elminate ALL other possibilities, but until you discover its something else, if i were you i would take the more likely one, and get on propecia while you are sorting out other possibilities.

good luck man.
    propecia 1X daily, nizoral 1-2 times a week.
    semodex shampoo on the off days.
    8 months: hair LOSS has completely stopped (almost never notice fall out), some general thickening, but have a little work to do the last 4 months.

hey, sorry i didn't see your last post about a scalp infection, dude if you have an overgrowing scalp infection and your hair is falling out where the growth is, yes dude that could definitely be the cause. from your other posts it just really seemed like you were reaching for another cause, hoping it wasn't mpb, so we were just trying to get you to get on some treatment for that and didn't want you to waste more time searching for some other cause. these things can totally be cured and as long as you don't have scarring you'll be fine.

i apologize.
    propecia 1X daily, nizoral 1-2 times a week.
    semodex shampoo on the off days.
    8 months: hair LOSS has completely stopped (almost never notice fall out), some general thickening, but have a little work to do the last 4 months.

I read the article. Does anyone know what kind of hormones are given to treat a Low Thyroid condition? Just for curiosity's sake, would Fin help or hurt someone with that condition if it went undiagnosed?

I can run my hands through my hair at any point of the day, and many healthy hairs will fall out. Every time. I can get hundreds out no probelm, without any effort.

I can sit at my desk, with a blank, white peice of paper infront of me. I'll rub my hair and yup, I can fill the page with hairs. I have always been like this.

In high school, after a shower, the tub would be flooded with my hair and I always remember thinking something like cancer, or some other sickness, but never mpb for some reason.

10 years later nonetheless, same thing. At 26, my temples receded a bit, and that's what got me on propecia. Since then, I have not progressed one bit. I still have a full head with zero thinning, and I don't know if it's Propecia or not, but I'm not getting off of it yet. My hairline is a little suspect, looks thin from some angles, so I'll stay on the meds, and as a result, it gives me a valid reason to be a member here.

What I'm trying to say is, even with a full head of hair, we still lose LOTS of it per day- hundreds, easily. We just don't know it because it either blows away in the wind or is just dropped all over the place at work, school, etc. IT IS NORMAL!

So Mark, do you have a full head of hair? No receding, no thinning? If so, then you shouldn't be worrying about hairloss, because it's normal.

If you are receding somewhat or are thinning, then stay on the meds and try to not let denial overtake your decisions- sure, you might have other conditions that are CONTRIBUTING to your hairloss, but that doesn't mean that along with all your illnesses that you do not ALSO have mpb. You can have both.

Yeah....as for my scalp....

I literally have CHUNKS of yellowish/brown (ironic that those are two of my school colors) coming out at all times in my hair. Usually when hair falls out, it has a chunk of that crap stuck on the end of it. If i look through my hair, I can see my scalp is lined with it, and I can even "dig" some of it off if I want to....but then it comes off in layers, and there is a very strange sensation when I do that, so I refrain from that.

Quote Originally Posted by marksb11
    I really don't think my hair loss is MPB. You can tell me it is as much as you want, but I just don't think it is.
    Maybe you should begin posting on another forum then. We tend to focus on people with Male Pattern Baldness here, and if you are convinced you don't have it, posting here won't do you or our users much good.

Quote Originally Posted by marksb11
    For me, once a hair falls out, no minaturized hair regrows.
    It is physically impossible for you to track a single hair, especially after it falls out and nothing is left but skin.

If you have a serious skin infection on your head, go to a dermatologist, and get treated for it. Period. You claim you've already been to 4 dermatologists and they told you that you dont have MPB. Yet for some reason you were put on Propecia. VERY ODD.

If your hair loss is not male pattern baldness, not only do you not need to be posting here, but you can simply go get treated and that should result in restored hair.

HLT
    Educating consumers to properly cateogorize treatments that have the highest probability of working... thereby optimizing their chances for success.

So about your hair, how is it? Thinning? Receding hairline? Anything?