Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
    - Kirkland Minoxidil 5%
    - Regenepure DR shampoo

Currently on minox and regenepure, do I need a DHT blocker?

Hello everyone!

I've been lurking on this forum for about 2 days and still have some questions and I would greatly appreciate if some of you would be able to help me in regards to them. I have currently been using minoxidil (kirkland, 5%) for a month and I just ordered a bottle of Regenepure shampoo to see how I like it, apparently it is very good from what I've read.

Now the thing is I've read that DHT blockers are essential to fight hairloss at the root of the problem. I don't want to take finasteride as I don't want to risk the side effects and I am worried it could seriously screw me up in the inside. My question essentially is, if I'm using Regenepure shampoo and minoxidil, and considering that Regenepure somewhat acts as a DHT blocker at the follicule-level (at least that's what I think from what I've read, am I wrong?), do I still need a DHT blocker such as finasteride to get good results in the long term?

In case the answer to this is yes, what are the alternatives? Like I said, I really don't want to risk finasteride, I've read about some topical stuff, such as Spiro, which I have no idea what it is to be honest, but I was certainly hoping you guys could help me figure out all of this!

Thanks a lot in advance, and a happy new year to everyone!

Nizoral 2-3 times a week
    Finasteride (Merck Propecia) Started July 2013 Currently 1mg daily (0.5 mg for the first 2 months)
    Minoxidil 5% Started January 2014
    There is such a thing as topical finasteride but it seems much more expensive. To be honest, people get so worried about finasteride side effects but the side effects themselves aren't that bad. Low libido isn't a bad thing, chest pain from minoxidil use would be. Personally I've been more scared (yet have started to use and hope to continue) about minoxidil than I have been about my use of finasteride.

- Kirkland Minoxidil 5%
    - Regenepure DR shampoo
    Like I said, I won't take finasteride orally. There also seems to be a systemic absorption problem with topical finasteride, which results in the same as taking it orally, thus leading to possible side effects, so that's also something I want to avoid.

I just found out about Topical Spiro, anyone can shed some light on this and tell me if it worked for them?

- Kirkland Minoxidil 5%
    - Regenepure DR shampoo
    Hm, seems systemic absorption of topical spiro is less "dramatic" though.

I just found out about dermarolling, seems like it is pretty effective!

Read a study about it here: http://www.ijtrichology.com/article....;aulast=Dhurat

(I read a thread on another hair loss forum about this study, turns out it isn't nearly as effective as this study claims it to be.)

Regenepure DR/NT
    Tricomin copper peptide Spray
    Lipogaine 5% minox
    S5 DAY AND NIGHT cream
    Revivogen
    Ultrax Labs HairMax supplements
    Quote Originally Posted by johneuropa View Post
    Topical spiro can led to systemic absorption too, even Lipogain, I don't know what to do too
    "can lead to" ... not guarantee'd to... there is a lot less of a chance of systematic absorption of spiro cream than orally taken propecia(fin).
    The "best" alternative to find right now is spiro cream/revivogen... although there is a ton of debate about revivogen i doubt it would hurt... DHT should be fought on all fronts possible