Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    dermarolling heavy 192 1.5mm since 20-10-2013 and minox from next day

russians ? wound induced hair? baldness reversal with dermapen and compounds?

http://xn--b1abgzobqfdi4gg.xn--p1ai/...casc-DESC.html

from hairsite

The recent abundance of threads concerning Mr. Benitah's endeavours notwithstanding, I thought I'd take it upon myself to create yet another one. Reason being, the thing I'm proposing to discuss is technically not Pilox, but, as Bruno told us, a separate project.

(That news has largely been ignored, but I would think I'm not the only one interested in it (there are dozens if not a few hundred people using dermarollers to try and fight the AGA, with as many as hundreds of thousands views of the threads regarding dermarolling. If this has the potential to be a better and already available alternative to dermarolling, I think it's worth looking into (not to mention that the ingredients seem to be overlapping with those of the ever so promising Pilox project. End of recursion, a horde of closing parentheses.))))

So what we have now is the Russian site www.thickhair.ru , unearthed by Ross, that namedrops Mr. Benitah heavily, says the product they sell is his invention, and offers it in form of a package of a DermaPen and "two to four" months' supply of the compound for $300 (a DermaPen itself is ~$150 on eBay), which they ship by mail, quite possibly all over the world. Other than that, the site is somewhat shady, although they do make a point of measuring the hair count before and after two months of treatment if you were to pay $1200 and visit them for the procedures, but most importantly, it lacks any information on the science behind their thing, its basic nature even (except, as mentioned, that it was created by the famous Yoram Benitah) as well as any decent before/after photos.

Then, we have Bruno's report:
    "8. Yoram is developing a new dermapen treatment for a clincal enviroment, I assume that is what we see on the russian website. Basic description is dermapen + Copper peptide + Complex? This is unrelated to Pilox."
    ( http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/bo...casc-DESC.html )

So, please, Vraf, Bruno, all you wonderful people in contact with Monsieur Benitah. Could you please ask him to elaborate just a little bit on this thing?

1. First and most important of all, does that site indeed has any connection to him and his research?

2. Does he have any test results for this project? We aren't asking about Pilox (in any case, we've seen the photos, we already are impressed) as that is a work in progress, but if this is commercially available - there should be something more substantial than the two pairs of low-res photos.

3. Isn't the product they offer available anywhere else, besides the mentioned site?

4. No. Can't think of anything else.

5. Oh, on second thought, I can. Bruno specifically mentioned that it's supposed to be a "treatment for a clincal enviroment" and the Russians are willing to send you a device you just plug in and have at it.

6. Thank you ever so much.

A couple of minor details to add about that site.
    It's written in such painfully bad Russian that I could only expose myself so much and have overlooked a thing or two.

They say the compound is produced by the company Dr. M. Burstein ( www.burstein-dead-sea.com ).
    They claim 86 percent response rate. What they say is, word for word, "86 percent have noticed a considerable increase in density after 8 procedures" (that's two months).
    They mention that the clinical treatment they offer is "more intensive" than the do-it-yourself option.
    http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact...NTIAL-CURE-LOG my story ,check pages 1 and 4 for pics.

Not really sure what to think of all the hype.Ive seen hundreds of products claiming to cure baldness in my 20years of balding including pics. Im sure some old timers will agree. Some members are claiming its the cure which I think is an absolute joke considering how many times we have been duped before. Im cautiously optimistic. What I find strange is how they have different upgraded versions of the device, that alone sounds like a scam. But, we shall wait to see what becomes of it. Hope for the best.

Dermaroller 192-needle 1.5mm once a week, Niz once a week, 5% minox twice a day (front and back).
    If you had a novel, legitimate, and benign treatment for MPB, would you only sell it through some obscure independent site, or would you get it approved through regulatory agencies and bank hundreds of millions of dollars by going legit?

Conversely, if you have some snake oil and a prerogative to trick desperate men into parting with their money, you might stick to your obscure website with unverifiable information.

Assume bull**** until you have a reason to think otherwise.

- Scalp wounding with 1.5mm 190 needle dermaroller 1X weekly
    - Minoxidil 5% 2X daily
    - Nizoral 3x weekly
    - RU58841 100mg in 1ml - 1X weekly (used to be 1X daily)
    - CB-03-01 15mg in 1.5ml 1X daily
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHandsomeLurker View Post
    If you had a novel, legitimate, and benign treatment for MPB, would you only sell it through some obscure independent site, or would you get it approved through regulatory agencies and bank hundreds of millions of dollars by going legit?

Conversely, if you have some snake oil and a prerogative to trick desperate men into parting with their money, you might stick to your obscure website with unverifiable information.

Assume bull**** until you have a reason to think otherwise.
    Can we assume the same with Dr. Cotsarelis, Dr. Lauster, Follica and everyone else? They've only been boasting about their breakthroughs but not one of these glorified researchers has put their money where their mouth is and given any of us a treatment.
    Message me when hair follicle multiplication has become an available procedure for the public.

Dermaroller 192-needle 1.5mm once a week, Niz once a week, 5% minox twice a day (front and back).
    Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Can we assume the same with Dr. Cotsarelis, Dr. Lauster, Follica and everyone else? They've only been boasting about their breakthroughs but not one of these glorified researchers has put their money where their mouth is and given any of us a treatment.
    I'm not familiar with everything you've mentioned, but I've seen Cotsarelis' studies, and they at least have novel findings as to potential mechanisms for the action of MPB, along with plausible hypotheses for treatments. But until such research is used to produce a novel treatment, and that treatment is verified scientifically, there's little reason to dwell on it.

pgd2 and DKK1 discoveries were good. Were a lot better off than we were ten years ago.

I use a dermapen. It's not Russian though

- Minoxidil 5% 2X daily
    - Nizoral 3x weekly
    Quote Originally Posted by c_super2 View Post
    pgd2 and DKK1 discoveries were good. Were a lot better off than we were ten years ago.
    No we're not, LOL.

The day we'll be 'better off' is when any one of these researchers puts a treatment onto the market where people can BUY AND USE. Until that happens, we're just as screwed as we were '5-10 years' ago.
    Message me when hair follicle multiplication has become an available procedure for the public.

No we're not, LOL.

The day we'll be 'better off' is when any one of these researchers puts a treatment onto the market where people can BUY AND USE. Until that happens, we're just as screwed as we were '5-10 years' ago.
    ..really?? I remember when Mixox was all there was with NO hope for anything for the future..then FIN came out...for the longest time Minox/Fin and NO hope for the future...

...now things are shaking big-time...lot's of irons in the fire and people are getting regrowth in-house with thing's like DR'ing...there are things on the horizon -- 10 years ago there was NOTHING over the horizon..

- Minoxidil 5% 2X daily
    - Nizoral 3x weekly
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparx4444 View Post
    ..really?? I remember when Mixox was all there was with NO hope for anything for the future..then FIN came out...for the longest time Minox/Fin and NO hope for the future...

...now things are shaking big-time...lot's of irons in the fire and people are getting regrowth in-house with thing's like DR'ing...there are things on the horizon -- 10 years ago there was NOTHING over the horizon..
    10 years ago you would have been in the same position as you are now. Two current treatments, ZERO guarantee of whats next. I've been complaining about this for a while: For the last 20 years we've only had TWO treatments for hair loss. Fin and Minox. And we're still at that point and many of us are STILL losing our hair.

We're NOT better off. Are we closer? Yeah... but none of us knows how much closer.