Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments

Finasteride and the storage temperature

Hey.

I've already made a thread about this, but I didn't get too much help last time. Hopefully this time there are more people to give me some valuable advice.

In September, I will be moving to Australia for a year. I will be taking 3 months worth of Propecia with me. I will be moving around a bit, so I don't really know when or how I will be able to get more Propecia over there. However, this is not my main concern. What I am really worried about is the temperature. The area where I am going to is HOT. Each month of the year the daily average maximum is around 30-38C (86-100F). The storage temperature for Propecia, on the other hand, is just 15-30C. So, I am very worried, how is this temperature going to affect finasteride's effectiveness, and is there anything I can do about it? I'm so worried, because I don't want to lose it all, but I don't want to stop living my life because of it either. Bleh.. Anyone?

Kris

hi! I live in Australia and yes, it can get very hot down here. I keep my propecia in the cabinet which doesn't receive direction sunlight...
    The Big Three (since Feb, 2012)

-Finasteride daily - 1mg (from Feb/2012 to 01/Sep/2013) 0.5mg (from 02/Sep/2013 - 02/Oct/2013). Proscar 2.5mg (for two weeks). Proscar/Propecia 1.5mg (Oct/2013 - present)
    -Minoxidil (rogaine foam) - twice a day (from Feb/2012 to Nov/2012) once a day (from Nov/2012 - 01/Sep/2013) twice a day (02/Sep/2013 - present)
    -Nizoral 1% - once every 2 to 3 days (stopped using it for a while between March/2013 to August/2013)