Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Finally success treating my hair loss with Avodart (Dutasteride)

Guys,

I can finally say that I have stopped my hair-loss. KABOOOM

AM I HAPPY? yes, bc it stopped of course... AM I THAT HAPPY? No. why? read on pls...

Used Fin for a good YEAR, and it didn't do ****. Only thing it did was give me a bad shed all year long !!! I AM SURE. Actually my hair was better the first month i took it, but then the shed hit, and went on all year long (it did drop from time to time, but never ended).

Started Avodart 2,5 months ago. After ONLY 1 month of everyday use (0,5mg) my hair-loss stopped . . . . . . . .

Now backed down to using Avodart 2 - 3 times a week, bc i simply don't want to use it everyday.

I really can't believe it actually. I don't lose any hairs anymore when showering ..... I can rub as much as i want, and maybe only 1 hair is found in my hands :s.

Before starting fin I never had a shed, I only had a slow recession at my temples (that was it!), when i started fin a good year ago my hair was sheding all year through, and the recession got worse !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ****ING FIN !!!

i really can't get around it... fin made things worse for me, while it does the same as Avodart. (OKAAYY avodart is stronger, and inhibits 2 Iso forms)

I read SO much **** on these forums, god damn, and that kept me away from AVODART. Thing like stay away from dut, it will cause more recession at the hairline, cause ED, cause wrinkles, cause this, cause that...... **** NOOO !!! **** NOO !!! My libido is still fine, din't get wrinkles, nothing at all.

I HATE ALL THOSE PEOPLE that said not to use it. IF I KNEW a year ago what Avodart does for me, then I would be a prefect NW 2 !!! **** this (yes NW 2 is perfect in my eyes !!! )

I'm sooo angry at those people, but so happy that Avodart does work. Really CAN't get my head around it that fin only made things worse......... pff.

BUT OKAY that's over now (can't turn back time), after 2,5 months on DUT i can safely say that my shedding has stopped, and I have regrown a lot of small tiny white hairs in the temple regions again. (but i think it is too late for them to grow out into terminal hairs). Thanks finasteride !!! thanks, yr my best friend. )))

AND GUYS, I AM NOT going to answer any stupid questions about this topic. When I needed help, I never got good help on this forum, bc no one seemed to care ) well i do care about you, that is why i'm giving this update. Sure some people helped me with my questions, but then then there were times when i really really needed advice and NO ONE gave me any )). I can only say I got here on my own, not thanks to you guys. You know the feeling when 500 people look at your thread, and not 1 person gives advice or an answer... )) it is really fun, knowing your hair is falling out and you need some reassurance or advice.

I only would like to thank the Administrator, and some guys that posted back to me over the past 15 months.

I am starting RU in a couple of months for sure. (tip for those who want to keep their hair for many years to come.)
    Put your future in good hands your own.

it's nice that ur shedding has stopped. don't wanna worry u, sounds exactly like mine story, but after 4 months it started again, worser then ever... i think u have to pause dut sometimes for some weeks to prohibit upregulation.. which is the biggest problem on my opinion with dut

Hey hairhead,

Sorry to hear you had that reaction to fin and avodart.

But i don't think i will start shedding after 4months or so. I have been thinking, and now I have 3 possible answers for this:

1) i was not a good responder to fin. It has been proven that some genotypes react better to dut than fin (or the other way round)
    2) fin was not strong enough to halt my recession. Maybe i needed that extra boost
    3) i had a small scale TE going on for the last year, bc fin wacked my hormones out of place. And avodart gave me that bit extra test to equalize everything, and that is why the TE stopped.

But maybe i'm wrong and you are right. Only time will tell.

great post man, its true, one would think you'd get some reliable answers or at least some consistent responses on this forum but you dont. You barley get responses to some basic questions. Like you i take avodart, and have no complaints at all. sex drive normal, everythings normal except for liver reading tests. avo is tough on the liver, so like you i take it 2-3 x a week. Happy for your success my brother

I'm glad it worked for you, Balding89. Congratulations and keep us posted on your progress!

Hey lordcrill,

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad it is working for you aswell.
    And i'll keep using it 2-3x weekly. As i think it is a strong enough dose, and ofcourse to keep the liver in check.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    I'm glad it worked for you, Balding89. Congratulations and keep us posted on your progress!
    Thanks Mr white!!

I'll keep posting updates without a doubt!

Grtz

Finasteride 1mg per day
    Nizoral and Revita shampoos
    Nanofibres
    Quote Originally Posted by lordcrill View Post
    great post man, its true, one would think you'd get some reliable answers or at least some consistent responses on this forum but you dont. You barley get responses to some basic questions.
    maybe if you get involved more you'll get more out of this board, 'Mr. 11-post wonder-registered July last year'

Also learn how to use the search function - all your questions will have already been asked and answered many times before - why should people repeat themselves ad nauseum because you're lazy?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by balding89 View Post
    AND GUYS, I AM NOT going to answer any stupid questions about this topic. When I needed help, I never got good help on this forum, bc no one seemed to care ) well i do care about you, that is why i'm giving this update. Sure some people helped me with my questions, but then then there were times when i really really needed advice and NO ONE gave me any )). I can only say I got here on my own, not thanks to you guys. You know the feeling when 500 people look at your thread, and not 1 person gives advice or an answer... )) it is really fun, knowing your hair is falling out and you need some reassurance or advice.
    a community is what you make of it. You've been here for two years and only have 69 posts.

How many people have YOU helped, or tried to help?

Quote Originally Posted by balding89 View Post

WTF.....What a cranky, vindictive and small man you are ...you make me feel like throwing up... ....
    The Big Three (since Feb, 2012)

-Finasteride daily - 1mg (from Feb/2012 to 01/Sep/2013) 0.5mg (from 02/Sep/2013 - 02/Oct/2013). Proscar 2.5mg (for two weeks). Proscar/Propecia 1.5mg (Oct/2013 - present)
    -Minoxidil (rogaine foam) - twice a day (from Feb/2012 to Nov/2012) once a day (from Nov/2012 - 01/Sep/2013) twice a day (02/Sep/2013 - present)
    -Nizoral 1% - once every 2 to 3 days (stopped using it for a while between March/2013 to August/2013)

"Quantum Cat"

Your comments are totally and utterly unappropriated, and by far they are WRONG.

I have registered on this forum 2 years ago. But only the past year have I truly been actively reading posts, and have ALLWAYS commented on posts that I have read, and felt I could be of input and help !!!!

And as you see, I am a newbie to all the hair-loss treatments and experiences... so the amount of posts that I have submitted the past year is MORE than enough. I was only implying that there are SENIOR MEMBERS like you and others, who have been here for years and who know a lot more about topics related to hair-loss, and they don't take the minute of their time to just answer a simple questions that a person has.

SO before judging me on things you know nothing about, ask first then judge...

BTW. "only" 69 post (which in my opinion is more than enough for 1 YEAR being ACTIVE here), some people register on this forum and have NEVER posted anything. Some of them just read, leave and go on without any input. So please don't judge me on stupid insights you have.

I care about other hair-loss sufferers bc i know how much it hurts inside. That is why I try to do my best to update, and post from time to time when I feel I can be of help.

And FYI, YES i have used the search fuction, but that does not mean all my questions were answered properly... Everybody's situation, and perception on things is different.

- - - Updated - - -

"TALMOODE"

Man, pls read what I just posted to "CAT" (it applies to you 2)

I am not cranky, vindictive, small person, I am actually a very nice person who would ALLWAYS help others in need if i feel I truly can.

you really should watch your words. Do you go round telling others you don't like them, they are small minded, cranky, ... ? Wow you must have a lot of friends.

I was just making a statement that I was not going to answer any stupid questions from people who never gave any input on this forum (or other forums). I gave an update and will keep doing so to help others here.

btw I was not only talking about this hair-loss forum, but also on other forums where people don't answer or are just to lazy to write 1 or 2 sentences to help someon out, and that was and is still frustrating.

that is why I reacted like I did. I was not meaning anything bad with it, I was just making something clear to dose that NEVER post and are to lazy to help someone out when they could.

But OKAY that all aside. Don't want ariot starting here, bc you clearly are starting one.

So please, if you post anything on this thread, LET IT BE OF SOME HELP TO OTHERS.

GRTZ

congrats on your success. i started dusteride 11 weeks ago. I am only taking MWF.