Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    all those comments on that page of hairfall are about flax seed oil. not fish oil

Nothing

Lightbulb I am facing the same problem

Hi Thickson2,
    I'm facing the same problem. I used fish oil regularly for a year at my 17, then I started loosing hair drastically. I didn't guess it then.

After 11 years now, I read benefits of fish oil omega 3. So I bought Kirkland omega-3 Fish oil. I took it for a week and my sexual drive is really high. Also, I started losing hair drastically. So I have been googling if there's any research about these cases. So looks like I'm not alone. Let me know if you are still taking it and how is it affecting you.

It could be hoax that it is causing prostate cancer and whatsoever. But I think researchers should seriously, study this case, even though it might hamper fish oil business. People deserves truth.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by thickson2 View Post
    Hi guys

Just wondering has anyone experienced increased shedding while taking fish oil ?

The last couple of months i noticed i had an increase in shedding , and the only thing I was doing differently was taking fish oil.
    I stopped taking it for 2 weeks and my shedding seemed to decrease . I started taking the fish oil because of some knee pain i was having and it did
    a good job at relieving the pain , i was also having some occasional back pain due to my bed which i need to get replaced , the fish oil also seemed to relieve that pain too.

I've looked on various sites and forums and as always there's mixed opinions some say they've found an increase in shedding and others say they haven't

I have noticed my libido and sex drive are a little higher while taking it , but i would say it feels like it's at a normal level or maybe a bit higher than usual.

I know there's different strength fish oils but i just bought one that a friend recommended , i would like to keep taking the fish oil for its health benefits
    should i maybe try a lower strength one ?

Probiotics
    Biotin
    Zinc
    Coconut oil
    Nature's Bounty Skin/Nail Vitamin
    Occasional vitamin C/coq10
    seconding what anxious1 said, I've seen posts that states flaxseed oil causes shedding, but never seen one from fish oil. I took fish oil for a while, and it did not cause any shedding. On the other hand, it caused horrible break out on my neck and face.

Revita Shampoo
    Minoxidil 15%
    Maca
    Ecklonia Cava
    PQQ
    Ubiquinol
    Shilahit Fulvic Acid
    Acetyl-L-cartinine
    Vitamin A, D,C, K2
    Magnesium Glycinate
    Magnesium L-Threonate
    Krill Oil
    Trans-Revastrol
    Quecetin
    Cu
    Fish oil is bad. Full of mercury that make your hair fall.

Use Krill Oil instead, it's safer. A little less cheaper, but you won't have to worry about mercury and it is also more potent.

Check this chart: http://media.mercola.com/assets/imag...s-fish-oil.jpg

Nothing

Krill pills

Hi Mikazz,
    Yah if you eat certain categories of fish directly, it could be contaminated with mercury. But we are talking about industrially purified fish oil, made of anchovies/sardines which have least percentage of mercury among all fish.
    The last block in the picture could be wrong, as it claims fish oil capsules are made of fish contaminated with heavy metals. Duh, not necessarily! This picture could have been developed by krill pills marketers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikazz View Post

Use Krill Oil instead, it's safer. A little less cheaper, but you won't have to worry about mercury and it is also more potent.

Nothing
    Hi Mikazz,
    It is not necessarily true. Fish oil are made of sardines/anchovy which have least concentration of mercury level. Also industrial production labs, make sure about its mercury level is really low ppm.
    The last block in the picture is surely incorrect. It seems like it was made by krill pills marketers.
    If someone else have used krill pills, let us know your improvement and time period used so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikazz View Post

Minoxidil
    Ketoconazole
    Fairy power
    It ti s the opposite, it helps out with the hair.

Revita Shampoo
    Minoxidil 15%
    Maca
    Ecklonia Cava
    PQQ
    Ubiquinol
    Shilahit Fulvic Acid
    Acetyl-L-cartinine
    Vitamin A, D,C, K2
    Magnesium Glycinate
    Magnesium L-Threonate
    Krill Oil
    Trans-Revastrol
    Quecetin
    Cu
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris2014 View Post
    Hi Mikazz,
    It is not necessarily true. Fish oil are made of sardines/anchovy which have least concentration of mercury level. Also industrial production labs, make sure about its mercury level is really low ppm.
    The last block in the picture is surely incorrect. It seems like it was made by krill pills marketers.
    If someone else have used krill pills, let us know your improvement and time period used so far.
    Fish oil can be almost as good as krill oil, but buying krill oil is generally safer and has some small advantages (it comes with a antioxident, and it is more easily used by the brain because it is phosphorylated) .