Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments

I want to use Rogaine, but...

Hi all, recently I let my girlfriend cut my hair and long story short, it looked horrible. There are patches of hair that are shorter than the rest and there is a small bald patch on the top of my head. So I shaved my head and end up looking like a skin head. I am thinking of using Rogaine to grow my hair faster. However, I DON'T have male pattern baldness. Is this product only for those with MPB? Or am I safe to use it and can expect my hair to grow back faster.

I've done some research on Minoxidil and I am aware that there will be an initial stage of shedding. This is what holds me back from trying because I am afraid that the hair shed won't grow back. But since I don't have Male Pattern Baldness I should expect the hair loss from the shed to all grow back, right?
    Thanks

As far as I'm aware it's for hairloss only. Not to be used as growth stimulant for those without MPB. If you have a shed, then I'm not sure how that would speed things up anyway to be honest...

do not use minoxidil if you don't have AGA. google msm and biotin, they may speed up hair growth.

So do I have this right:

If you use an AA that works in conjunction with Minox, if all goes to plan you will maintain AND grow. But if you stopped using the Minox, it would go back to how your hair would have looked originally without Minox? So Minox won't make things worse? Why do people scaremonger about it then? Is that correct how I have worded it?

Thanks for any replies!!!!

after 1 year of using 1ml topical min twice daily on average you'll see no more added hair but you will on average keep that newly grown hair. people have claimed to have maintained that new hair using min once daily. if you stop min it will be as if you never used it. this is the results graph

no need mate
    My regimen :
    Finasteride 1.25mg/day.
    Nizoral 2% keto every day.
    Kirkland minoxidil 5% twice a day.

p.s Important detail of my day regimen : Drifting a BMW,changes my current NW to NW1.