Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    211

    Will a hair transplant screw up follicle cloning?

    I am thinking of getting a hair transplant. But, if follicle cloning pans out and becomes available in a few or several years from now, will i have screwed myself over?

    I'm gonna guess that the "new" hairs from FC will grow around the transplanted ones. Here's the thing: i'm assuming that the new hairs will grow the way our scalp intended them to grow, while the growth pattern/direction for the transplanted hairs are dependent on the way the surgeon transplanted them. So, am i right to assume that there might be a clash? I would like to have my hairs in harmony, if you guys understand what i'm saying.

    If something like that were likely to happen, wouldn't i be better off not going with the transplant and just wait for the "new techniques"?

  2. #2
    Senior Member 2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    814

    Re: Will a hair transplant screw up follicle cloning?

    Quote Originally Posted by jksl
    I am thinking of getting a hair transplant. But, if follicle cloning pans out and becomes available in a few or several years from now, will i have screwed myself over?

    I'm gonna guess that the "new" hairs from FC will grow around the transplanted ones. Here's the thing: i'm assuming that the new hairs will grow the way our scalp intended them to grow, while the growth pattern/direction for the transplanted hairs are dependent on the way the surgeon transplanted them. So, am i right to assume that there might be a clash? I would like to have my hairs in harmony, if you guys understand what i'm saying.

    If something like that were likely to happen, wouldn't i be better off not going with the transplant and just wait for the "new techniques"?
    why would you even consider a hair transplant with permanent scars when better treatments are right around the corner?

  3. #3
    Senior Member kthxbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    448

    Re: Will a hair transplant screw up follicle cloning?

    Quote Originally Posted by 2020
    why would you even consider a hair transplant with permanent scars when better treatments are right around the corner?
    i imagine because better treatments have been ''just around the corner'' for about 20 years now.
    nizoral 2%, every few days. been using it since early '10.
    1/4 of a fincar, every day. started 29/12/10
    rogaine foam, twice daily, started 13/08/12
    .5mg dutasteride, twice weekly, started 21/02/13

    wish me luck!

  4. #4
    Senior Member 2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    814

    Re: Will a hair transplant screw up follicle cloning?

    Quote Originally Posted by kthxbi
    Quote Originally Posted by 2020
    why would you even consider a hair transplant with permanent scars when better treatments are right around the corner?
    i imagine because better treatments have been ''just around the corner'' for about 20 years now.
    shut it.... there was nothing 20 years ago.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    211

    Re: Will a hair transplant screw up follicle cloning?

    Quote Originally Posted by 2020
    why would you even consider a hair transplant with permanent scars when better treatments are right around the corner?
    Yes, that is what i was thinking. But, it's not certain that better treatments are "right around the corner". That's my problem. It is a gamble either way. I am at a stage where my hairloss looks like this:

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympi ... -star.html

    A transplant done on a hairline like that might not be too obvious for most people i know, especially since i wear a cap most of the time. But, i if i let my hair get worse (and it is getting worse, however fast or slow) any transplant done would be too obvious. I might sound a bit too vain and self-conscious, but just being honest here.

    Money isn't an issue for me, so i could do multiple transplants. However, my father is 73 and is norwood 6 and my grandfather (father's father) was a norwood 7 at the age of 98 (passed away a couple of year ago). So, i don't know how much donor hair i will have.

    Anyway, i am rambling on.

    Follicle cloning should be possible on scars too, no?

  6. #6
    Senior Member maradona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    145

    Re: Will a hair transplant screw up follicle cloning?

    Quote Originally Posted by dudemon
    From what I have read, as far as I know all of the current HM and follicle regeneration stem cell projects (ie - Histogen, Replicel, ARI, etc ...) will work on guys who have had previous hair transplant work done. How well it will work is a mystery though. I would imagine that a "virgin" scalp would probably respond better to these HM treatments, although that is merely a guess.

    However, since none of these treatments are even close to being released into the market, who knows, by that time all of this may change. They may NOT work on guys who have had previous HT's.

    If that is the case I will be screwed, as I have had 3 HTs so far and am having my FINAL one in Sep.
    how many grafts you got dudemon? with whom are you having your transplant?

  7. #7
    Senior Member maradona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    145

    Re: Will a hair transplant screw up follicle cloning?

    Wow you must have sick donor considering how many HTs you've had.

    It is good that you wait till september. Hopefully the truth about gho will be exposed soon, there are some docs now acknowledging "parts of it".

  8. #8
    Senior Member Shma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    464

    Re: Will a hair transplant screw up follicle cloning?

    Quote Originally Posted by dudemon
    Quote Originally Posted by maradona
    Quote Originally Posted by dudemon
    From what I have read, as far as I know all of the current HM and follicle regeneration stem cell projects (ie - Histogen, Replicel, ARI, etc ...) will work on guys who have had previous hair transplant work done. How well it will work is a mystery though. I would imagine that a "virgin" scalp would probably respond better to these HM treatments, although that is merely a guess.

    However, since none of these treatments are even close to being released into the market, who knows, by that time all of this may change. They may NOT work on guys who have had previous HT's.

    If that is the case I will be screwed, as I have had 3 HTs so far and am having my FINAL one in Sep.
    how many grafts you got dudemon? with whom are you having your transplant?
    Now I've got a total of ~6,700 grafts, which is over 10,000 follicles. I'm going for another 3-4000 grafts (5-7k hairs) in Sep. I'll give the name after I get it done
    For your sake I hope you chose a good doctor, like Hasson etc... and not a butcher. Don't see any reason to hide the name of the surgeon.
    Quote Originally Posted by uncomfortable man
    I was drunk and shocked, then pist and I guess my ego was hurt because I felt like I am incapable of attracting even a normal woman, just fatties and freaks instead.

  9. #9

    Re: Will a hair transplant screw up follicle cloning?

    no offense, however like it or not nothing is even close to being ready. I wish it were not the case. however all the "results" we have seen so far have been vague at best

Similar Threads

  1. Risks of follicle cloning?
    By hardcastle in forum New Research, Studies, and Technologies
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: March 22nd, 2012, 03:28 AM
  2. Screw it, I am definitely going the hair system route now
    By Boondock in forum Hair Replacement Systems and Hair Pieces for Men
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: December 23rd, 2010, 04:28 PM
  3. Dr Gho's follicle transplant technique
    By global in forum Alternative Treatments
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: November 4th, 2009, 12:44 PM
  4. Alright screw it should i get back on Finasteride.
    By n1kki6 in forum Men's General Hair Loss Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: December 26th, 2005, 09:24 AM
  5. Hair transplant now. Hair cloning later?
    By stormshadow in forum New Research, Studies, and Technologies
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: April 27th, 2005, 05:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •