Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

8.5 Months of Fin RANT

Ok so I just got a haircut yesterday, and my hair was SOOOO thin on top, the thinnest its ever been. Fin has accelerated my hairloss 10 fold.

Don't really wanna get on Minox again as I feel like it thins it out bad too. I tried it like 3 different times for months on end and it just made my hair look disgusting, greasy and thin as hell!!

Im 25 and have been diffusing since 17. I remember thinking when i was 18 that I would be completely bald by now.

My leftside hairline is starting to cut back too which is just great.

ANY ways this is just a rant, I'm done now.

TravisB

Re: 8.5 Months of Fin RANT

Do you use brand Propecia, or some other generic? If it's the latter, then maybe it's fake?

Proscar cut into 1/4tths as prescribed by my doctor....my hair thinned out pretty bbad since i've been on it

I can't imagine how fin could actually accelerate your hair loss, especially after 8 months. It's possible your hair loss is not MPB, and not affected by DHT.

You may also just have extremely aggressive hair loss. I think fin is going to 'help' everyone who has MPB, but for many guys this will only mean slowing down hair loss. If you had not taken fin, you may be in an even worse position than you are in right now, but it's hard to say.

Also, fin can take up to a year (or more) to work. Make sure you are taking legit fin, taking it consistently, and re-assess in a year. It would help to take good photos now also so that you have an infallible way of tracking your progress.

Best of luck.

Stick with it, stick with it, stick with it. For all you know, you could be a non-responder and your hairloss is progressing at a normal rate. Merk says that you need to be on it at least 12 months to completely assess how well it will (or will not) work.

Well before I got on it I was doing okay.

I used Rogaine foam during these 8 months for about 10 days, and quit it because it was making my hair fall out like mad.

My vertex is thinning out badly, especially behind the hairline.. The only way I can style it now is to fluff it with a towel and hairspray it. I can't even comb it or leave it naturally messy because my scalp shows through.

do you have pics before and after fin?

Use both. Give it a year, then come back.

Kirby

My hair's thin as buggery after 5 months and one week on fin.... Had my g.f. check photos of before I started Propecia, didn't have perfect hair by then but was far better than now.

You can't tell after 5 months. Fin will cause your hair to shed out over the course of 2-5 months. Your hair then has to enter its dormant stage, and then regrow after that. You HAVE TO GIVE FIN A FULL 12 MONTHS before you can decide if it's worth it or not.