Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Why so much hate in this forum ?

I visited forums about cancer/depression/suicide but only in forums about baldness i find people with the same problem judging each others with only a few compassion.

Why ?

Re: Why so much hate in this forum ?

Easy answer, because baldness it's not a life threatening condition or a "physically" painful condition, therefore it is allowed to hate on each other and throw **** at each other because in the end we are all pussies for being here, including me.

i just read your regime gravesen; its definitely part of mine as well haha

i've seen lots of very supportive posts on this forum when people have written about depression/suicide eta

its when people write about not 'getting laid' do they get hate. to me that's a shallow post and its getting shallow replies.

I just joined a few days ago and one of the reasons I joined was the fact that people actually seem more helpful than on other balding boards.

On one in particular I don't think they are bad people, but rather paralyzed with fear of their mpb. Maybe you are seeing the same thing here....

whatever hate might be present here, it pales in comparision to what one must endure irl as someone that doesn't look normal (this especially relevant to not having hair)

so i suggest you forget this and concentrate on that as it's something that directly influences your life as opposed to a internet forum.

I can only speak for myself but I've had alot of negativity directed at me over the years for being bald. Much of that negativity is internalized only to be unleashed on the forums. It's kind of a cycle of abuse thing.
    Lets face it, confidence will never frame your face properly....a girl can't run her fingers through your confidence.

^^^^

F U BALDY...oh man I just did it...jk...but that sounds like a legitimate scenario uncomfortable man. I am sure there are some in a bad mood here and this may be a way to outlet anger or sarcasm anonymously.

Still going on.

Probably because is not that much of a big deal yes it can be a bitch (use to be for me) but still its seriously not that bad the fact people keep comparing it to cancer is pathetic.
    It is only a problem if YOU make it a problem.

Scarred4Life
    Quote Originally Posted by uncomfortable man View Post
    I can only speak for myself but I've had alot of negativity directed at me over the years for being bald. Much of that negativity is internalized only to be unleashed on the forums. It's kind of a cycle of abuse thing.
    I have to agree wholeheartedly. That is why BBSA is the way he is and for that reason should not have been banned.

In fact, after BBSA was banned, I wanted to suggest an "Anything Goes" forum be created here where anyone who agrees to participate in it also agrees to accept the abuse so there would be no banning based on posts in that forum. It would give people a place to vent.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBoyy View Post
    Probably because is not that much of a big deal yes it can be a bitch (use to be for me) but still its seriously not that bad the fact people keep comparing it to cancer is pathetic.
    At least with cancer there is an end in sight. Call it a death sentence if you will. With baldness it is a life sentence. Call it being tortured for the rest of your life.