Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forced to quit Fin, what's next?

Hey guys,

Two years ago I started 1MG finasteride a day, I am now almost 22 years old. (you can read my story here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=59033&start=20)

Unfortunately, I am starting to develop gyno (confirmed through X-ray), so I need to quit finasteride. This really sucks since I was doing really well in the hair department. Anyways I know that fin is basically the only real treatment. I still want to fight the hairloss though, even if it's just to feel like I am doing something. So I have a couple of questions.

Obviously I am going to try minoxidil 5%. Should I start right away or wait a little while to see what is going to happen?

Should I look for other DHT inhibitors (like saw palmetto/green tea) I know these are probably not as strong as fin but taking 20% off 100% DHT levels is still something right? Are there others I don't know about?

I currently use Revita Shampoo, is this still my best bet?

Any other advice?

Greetings, Sebastien

Re: Forced to quit Fin, what's next?

Have you considered prescription Proxiphen? The designer of Proxiphen (both a medical doctor, and a PhD) says that Proxiphen is "unquestionably more effective than Propecia alone", and doesn't have its systemic side effects (it's a cream that contains numerous powerful topical ingredients). Its only serious drawback? It's expensive. But if you can afford it, you might give it a try. You might even grow some new hair with it!
    1) No, damnit, finasteride for hairloss was NOT an "accidental discovery".
    2) No, you do NOT have to use minoxidil and Retin-A at the same time.
    3) No, washing your skin does NOT make it produce more sebum.

ffs here we go again...

Bryan is a shill for Proctor and his products. He's been shill 'n spam'n the crap for 15+ years. See the links/threads below..for starters:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact...st=0&sk=t&sd=a

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact...&sd=a&start=30

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact...&sd=a&start=20

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastien
    Hey guys,

Two years ago I started 1MG finasteride a day, I am now almost 22 years old. (you can read my story here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=59033&start=20)

Unfortunately, I am starting to develop gyno (confirmed through X-ray), so I need to quit finasteride. This really sucks since I was doing really well in the hair department. Anyways I know that fin is basically the only real treatment. I still want to fight the hairloss though, even if it's just to feel like I am doing something. So I have a couple of questions.

Obviously I am going to try minoxidil 5%. Should I start right away or wait a little while to see what is going to happen?

Should I look for other DHT inhibitors (like saw palmetto/green tea) I know these are probably not as strong as fin but taking 20% off 100% DHT levels is still something right? Are there others I don't know about?

I currently use Revita Shampoo, is this still my best bet?

Any other advice?

Greetings, Sebastien
    Well..you may not have to quit fin. You're getting gyno from a raised estrogen level. Its possible to combat this by taking higher doses of zinc daily. Zinc acts as an aromatase inhibitor that prevents the conversion of testosterone to estrogen. Try taking 100mg of zinc before bed every night...this could prevent the gyno from getting worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Bryan wrote:
    The designer of Proxiphen (both a medical doctor, and a PhD) says that Proxiphen is "unquestionably more effective than Propecia alone",
    So people should go and buy it just because the maker of the product says its more effective than fin? Theoretically speaking I could say a product I make is better than my competitor but it does not mean it is. Its my word against someone else's. It does not matter whether he is a PHD or not, its not backed up with enough user experiences and reliable photos to suggest that.
    The thing about the way its worded is sort of slippery and borderline dishonest. He says "unquestionably more effective than Propecia alone"...ok so...if you dont think about it..it sounds like he's saying its more effective than propecia..which of course might lead people to go out and buy it under that assumption...most people dont read these things closely and think about them..and he knows that. But what the statement, to me, is really saying is using proxiphen and proecia is more effective than just using propecia by itself. Its worded in a way that..he probably wont mind people buying proxiphen thinking its more effective than propecia..but if he's ever called out on it he can use the defense "well if you read it correctly, it clearly says more effective than propecia ALONE"

So people should go and buy it just because the maker of the product says its more effective than fin?
    Sure! Why not? Dr. Proctor is both a physician and a PhD, and is a respected member of the medical community. He has a local office here in Houston, and has a reputation to uphold.

Theoretically speaking I could say a product I make is better than my competitor but it does not mean it is. Its my word against someone else's.
    Are YOU a medical doctor, too? Where did you go to medical school? What other medical degrees do you have (see Dr. Proctor's resume, to see all the qualifications he has)? Have you ever served as a consulting expert in a legal trial, like Dr. Proctor has?

It does not matter whether he is a PHD or not, its not backed up with enough user experiences and reliable photos to suggest that.
    What makes you think that YOU are qualified to make such a judgement on his medical qualifications?? Have you seen that list of "rave reviews" that I've posted of people who were very pleased with Dr. Proctor's products? What makes you think that this stupid garbage that you've been writing about Dr. Proctor has any merit at all??

Quote Originally Posted by Chris87
    The thing about the way its worded is sort of slippery and borderline dishonest. He says "unquestionably more effective than Propecia alone"...ok so...if you dont think about it..it sounds like he's saying its more effective than propecia..which of course might lead people to go out and buy it under that assumption...most people dont read these things closely and think about them..and he knows that.
    That's EXACTLY what he's saying. It's not "borderline dishonest".

Quote Originally Posted by Chris87
    But what the statement, to me, is really saying is using proxiphen and proecia is more effective than just using propecia by itself. Its worded in a way that..he probably wont mind people buying proxiphen thinking its more effective than propecia..but if he's ever called out on it he can use the defense "well if you read it correctly, it clearly says more effective than propecia ALONE"
    That's not what he's saying. He's saying that Proxiphen ALONE is more effective than Propecia ALONE.

Proxiphen is good treatment if u have a receding hairline.

All internals.

Morning:
    Aged Garlic Extract x 1

Night:
    Turmeric x 1
    Resveratrol x 1
    Ginkgo Biloba x 1
    Aged Garlic Extract x 1
    Hair, skin and nails tab (Blackmores) x 1
    Silica x 1

Here we go again.