Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments

anyone have trouble switching from propecia to proscar

Has anyone switched from propecia to proscar and noticed that your hair has gotten worse? I have been on propecia for 15 yrs and have lost ground slowly over time and am still a nw2, i switched from 1mg of propecia to 1.25 mg of proscar to see if my temples would thicken but i think they have thined out. Has anyone else had this problem or am i just freaking out? God this hairloss is hard on a persons soul. any help or input would be appreciated.

Re: anyone have trouble switching from propecia to proscar

that similar to saying "i used to get drunk off this natty light stuff, but as soon as a switched to sam adams i couldnt get drunk anymore"

its the same ingredient.

Re: anyone have trouble switching from propecia to proscar

Quote Originally Posted by dam
    Has anyone switched from propecia to proscar and noticed that your hair has gotten worse? I have been on propecia for 15 yrs and have lost ground slowly over time and am still a nw2, i switched from 1mg of propecia to 1.25 mg of proscar to see if my temples would thicken but i think they have thined out. Has anyone else had this problem or am i just freaking out? God this hairloss is hard on a persons soul. any help or input would be appreciated.
    Yeah if you're taking legit proscar..it shouldn't matter. Although if finasteride has stopped working for you, I don't know if an extra .25 mg is going to help.

If you've been on it and maintained for 15 years thats pretty lucky..for a lot of people it doesn't remain effective for that long and its probably only natural that the drug's effectiveness is starting to diminish a bit.

You could always try out dutasteride...or upping to 2mg of fin. I've heard Spencer Kobren (host of the bald truth and been on fin for like 17 years) say that he takes 2.5mg (half a proscar) like 3 or 4 days a week.