Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments

Thread: Dr. Konior

Dr. Konior

I'm a 44-year-old white male seeking to have hair restoration surgery; I'm currently a Norwood 2 or 3. I had a consultation with Konior who reccomended the strip surgery consisting of 1500-2000 grafts. My greatest fear is the linear scar which will be left on the back of my head. I normally like to keep my hair short (Clippers #3) on the back and sides of my head. Can anyone give me any insight or advice? Dr. Konior insists the scar will not be visible. But, I have seen many linear scars from bad hair transplants, and they look terrible. If I have this surgery I want it seamless, undetectable. Thanks to all of you who have taken the time to read this. I look forward to your responses.

Sincerely,

Ryno

Re: Dr. Konior

Do you know of any good FUE Docs? I live in the Chicago area, but I'm willing to travel for quality and undetectable work?

Thanks.

Ryno

UK the Home of the worst HT surgeons in the world

Firstly Dr who???
    Never heard of this guy - not a good sign.

2ndly Strip for 1500-2000 grafts is ridiculous in this day and age.
    Strip is a barbaric procedure the only time it should be used if if the patient needs more than 5000 grafts and has no intention of every buzzing down the hair.

3rdly The scar depends on 2 factors only a good surgeon will leave you with a scar thats almost invisible and only then if the patients scalp laxity is suitable.

4thly Never limit yourself to Dr's that are only in your area, 90% of the time you will have to travel.
    *Voice of reason on HLT since 2007*
    Quote Originally Posted by CCS
    I don't need to marry the woman I'll get HM for that. just need to have fun for a month till she finds out, and have a fast turnover rate if she dumps me. If the piece looks good turnover shouldnt b a issue. Just break contact with her & her friends if she has a bigmouth
    it is not your lack of drink, but muscles or face thats the reason. The only reason they'd want you to drink is so you focus on that and dont hit on them I don't even go to partys, at least not till I get more muscle on my arms.

UK the Home of the worst HT surgeons in the world

A Dr recommending strip for 1500 does'nt have the patients best interests in mind.
    Obviously this guy cant do FUE and as I stated before no surgeon on earth can guarantee that the scar wont stretch.
    Strip should be for NW5/6's.
    *Voice of reason on HLT since 2007*
    Quote Originally Posted by CCS
    I don't need to marry the woman I'll get HM for that. just need to have fun for a month till she finds out, and have a fast turnover rate if she dumps me. If the piece looks good turnover shouldnt b a issue. Just break contact with her & her friends if she has a bigmouth
    it is not your lack of drink, but muscles or face thats the reason. The only reason they'd want you to drink is so you focus on that and dont hit on them I don't even go to partys, at least not till I get more muscle on my arms.

I really only need frontal hairline work and the temple region. Also, they classified me as a Norwood V, and I still have most of my hair. I got mixed signals. I have heard the FUE is the way to go from many people. I may consult with Dr. Bernstein (New York) next. I don't want to screw this up.

It is true that strip scar depends on doctorís abilities but also on the characteristics of patientís skin. Although I have seen a lot of nicely made strip surgeries-results , If I were you I would consider FUE as a solution, it is generally safer in terms of scars marks etc and general healing.
    Past NW6, now NW2 with 6.217 grafts at DHI (minox 2ml/day + Spirolactone + fungoral 1/week)
    My results: http://imgur.com/a/hyVtt#0

Hey, I appreciate the advice. But, I'm NOT a Norwood V. However, that is what was written down at Dr. Konoir's office. I have primarily a full head of hair with slight recession in the hairline and temple region. Based on the actual Norwood scale I would consider myself a 2 or 3. I've had several consultations with other HT docs who all reccomended 1500 - 2000 grafts. I want to do this without anybody knowing. From what I see that donor scar can be a dead give-away.

as chrisdav says, Konior is top notch. Truly top notch. Do some research on the other forums and you'll find a lot of his work.