Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Online pharmacies

    One online pharmacy says, "Buying Propecia (Generic: Finasteride 1mg) is available through our Online Pharmacy Without a Prescription. The USA, UK, France, Spain, Hong Kong, Japan and S. Korea as well as many other countries have very clear policies, which allow the importation of prescription medication for personal use ( provided the medication is not a controlled substance" This is confusing as if I have not enought to deal with in life.

    Are these online pharmacies selling medications w/o prescriptions legit and safe? If they are not legit, I think you will get into trouble with law enforcement? Anyone knows more?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    384

    Re: Online pharmacies

    Myself and many many other people on this forum buy finasteride from online pharmacies. I'm in the USA and personally use inhousepharmacy.biz . I've ordered fin 2 times from them, and nizoral 2 or 3 times and never had a problem. Many other users on this forum use the same company and i've NEVER seen a complaint. The finasteride I received is for sure legit.

    I don't know what the legality of it is and frankly I don't care. I don't think the feds are going to come knocking on my door because I ordered a hairless medication that has absolutely no potential for abuse. Maybe if I was importing TONS and TONS of pain meds or something it would look fishy but..thats not the case. If anything were to ever happen they would probably go after the pharmacy anyway.

    I've never heard of anyone having a problem with the government from ordering finasteride online.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3

    Re: Online pharmacies

    Hi, Thanks for posting this topic bwaters2000. I was just about to post a topic asking where people on here order there Finasteride online. I've been googling different online pharmacies for the last 2 days, Some look really suss.

    Can people keep recommending sites so we can compare price, as Im in Australia. Would be greatly appreciated and helpful.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris87
    Myself and many many other people on this forum buy finasteride from online pharmacies. I'm in the USA and personally use inhousepharmacy.biz . I've ordered fin 2 times from them, and nizoral 2 or 3 times and never had a problem. Many other users on this forum use the same company and i've NEVER seen a complaint. The finasteride I received is for sure legit.

    I don't know what the legality of it is and frankly I don't care. I don't think the feds are going to come knocking on my door because I ordered a hairless medication that has absolutely no potential for abuse. Maybe if I was importing TONS and TONS of pain meds or something it would look fishy but..thats not the case. If anything were to ever happen they would probably go after the pharmacy anyway.

    I've never heard of anyone having a problem with the government from ordering finasteride online.
    Chris87, I checked out finasteride inhousepharmacy.biz

    They sell 2 different types of brands, Cipla Pharmaceuticals and Merck Sharp & Dohme. The second one is a few hundred dollars more. Do you know if these brands make much of a difference?. Thanks for any help

    -Mic

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    384

    Re: Online pharmacies

    Quote Originally Posted by shubelo
    Hi, Thanks for posting this topic bwaters2000. I was just about to post a topic asking where people on here order there Finasteride online. I've been googling different online pharmacies for the last 2 days, Some look really suss.

    Can people keep recommending sites so we can compare price, as Im in Australia. Would be greatly appreciated and helpful.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris87
    Myself and many many other people on this forum buy finasteride from online pharmacies. I'm in the USA and personally use inhousepharmacy.biz . I've ordered fin 2 times from them, and nizoral 2 or 3 times and never had a problem. Many other users on this forum use the same company and i've NEVER seen a complaint. The finasteride I received is for sure legit.

    I don't know what the legality of it is and frankly I don't care. I don't think the feds are going to come knocking on my door because I ordered a hairless medication that has absolutely no potential for abuse. Maybe if I was importing TONS and TONS of pain meds or something it would look fishy but..thats not the case. If anything were to ever happen they would probably go after the pharmacy anyway.

    I've never heard of anyone having a problem with the government from ordering finasteride online.
    Chris87, I checked out finasteride inhousepharmacy.biz

    They sell 2 different types of brands, Cipla Pharmaceuticals and Merck Sharp & Dohme. The second one is a few hundred dollars more. Do you know if these brands make much of a difference?. Thanks for any help

    -Mic
    They aren't different. I would buy the Finpecia from Cipla because its way cheaper and its the same thing. Its made by a pharmaceutical company in India called Cipla (which is a gigantic company..not some random shady pharm company). You'll notice there are 2 options for Finpecia either Cipla (Goa) or Cipla (Kumrek)...these are the same exact product, its just 2 different facilities that Cipla has making it. One of them was out of stock last time I ordered so I just chose the other. Its the same thing though.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    243

    Re: Online pharmacies

    I looked into online pharmacies - so much cheaper - but I was already scared of taking finasteride in the first place that I went with a high street chain (Boots) and Propecia, just simply because I knew what I was getting and where it came from. I guess I feel 30 per month is worth it for the peace of mind for me.

    I thought that the Propecia patent isn't up until 2013, so how come generic versions are available already?

    (I don't work for Boots by the way, I seem to have mentioned it in every other post I make!!! *blush* It's the only place I know where to get my stuff from legitimately)

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    384

    Re: Online pharmacies

    Quote Originally Posted by wstef
    I looked into online pharmacies - so much cheaper - but I was already scared of taking finasteride in the first place that I went with a high street chain (Boots) and Propecia, just simply because I knew what I was getting and where it came from. I guess I feel 30 per month is worth it for the peace of mind for me.

    I thought that the Propecia patent isn't up until 2013, so how come generic versions are available already?

    (I don't work for Boots by the way, I seem to have mentioned it in every other post I make!!! *blush* It's the only place I know where to get my stuff from legitimately)
    well, all generic 1mg finasteride i've seen has come out of India. According to the beginning of this article http://www.techdirt.com/articles/201203 ... pied.shtml its because india doesnt allow for patents on drugs.

    As far as i know..in india..you can patent the process by which you make the drug..but not the actual drug

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3

    Re: Online pharmacies

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    I dont trust online pharmacies. I order fin through unitedpharmacies about 2 and half years ago and my hair started getting worse. I decided to get on branded propecia and things stabalised again. Im not saying they are all dodgy but its buyer beware.
    ok, are there legitimate sites that sell branded finasteride And can you refer any? I realise your from the UK but Im hoping their world wide because Im in Australia.

    Thanks

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    I dont trust online pharmacies. I order fin through unitedpharmacies about 2 and half years ago and my hair started getting worse. I decided to get on branded propecia and things stabalised again. Im not saying they are all dodgy but its buyer beware.
    Can someone please clarify what 'proper branded proscar' is? Would this include Proscar made by Merck Sharp & Dohme? The site I'm looking at has three different types of proscar all made by Merck Sharp & Dohme, they each have different types of packaging and one is referred to as 'Proscar ITL'. Can someone please tell me what the differences are between the three, if any? They all seem fairly similarly priced, I'm assuming there isn't much difference...

Similar Threads

  1. Which online pharmacies have you used?
    By DirkNowitzki in forum Antiandrogens - Propecia, Dutasteride, etc.
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: February 3rd, 2011, 06:34 PM
  2. Online pharmacies
    By KP211 in forum Antiandrogens - Propecia, Dutasteride, etc.
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: June 30th, 2010, 10:47 AM
  3. Online pharmacies...
    By PropeciaJunkie in forum Men's General Hair Loss Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 31st, 2008, 03:22 PM
  4. online pharmacies
    By teenagehandmodel in forum Men's General Hair Loss Discussions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: November 28th, 2008, 11:49 AM
  5. Online Pharmacies ONCE AND FOR ALL
    By themanwiththeplan in forum Antiandrogens - Propecia, Dutasteride, etc.
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: June 5th, 2006, 02:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •