Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments

View Poll Results: Who else is frustrated with Bryan's constant Promotion of Dr Procter

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • I dont care and just wish threads would stop getting hi-jacked by infighting

3 25.00%
  • Yes, I feel Bryan promotes Dr Proctor and believe it is unfair

7 58.33%
  • No, he does nothing wrong and should be allowed to carry on as contributes greatly to the forum

2 16.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Poll on Bryan and his promotion of dr proctor

I am personally fed up with Bryan being allowed to constantly promote dr proctor and am curious to know how much it is a nuisance for other posters, or indeed, if you enjoy his posts and are annoyed at people hassling him.

In the interest of balance, Bryan has contributed greatly to the forum over the course of many years, has a wealth of knowledge on hairloss products and does provide a large number of posts to the threads.

However, something has to change in my opinion. Either Bryan must be prevented from promoting Dr Proctor or the mods should come out and say that he is within his rights and come down on people (like myself) who constantly counter his posts. To me I percieve his posts as promotion and it seems unjust, but perhaps i am wrong and all we need is the position clarified which i would appeal to the mods to do.

Bryan, if you are reading, I hope you will appreciate that i have tried to word this in a balanced way, despite our differences i wish to remain civil. Im not conducting a witch hunt here and guys please lets not have the thread turn into that, as it will lead to the thread getting closed and we wont get to the bottom of this. Im just genuinely curious to see how much this is actually an issue for people as if it is a non issue then i believe us dissenters have to stop countering and allow bryan to do what he does as currently far too many threads are going off topic because of all this.

Please vote

Re: Poll on Bryan and his promotion of dr proctor

why is he still here??? report his every post. Let's get him banned

Quote Originally Posted by 2020
    why is he still here??? report his every post. Let's get him banned
    You've changed your tune!

MIS I'm suprised to see how vehement you are about this. I take it you've been reading alot longer than you've been a member.
    It's the bolt, it's the buzz, it's the sheer f*ck offness of it all

I frequented this and other forums as a guest for a year before i joined this one. I believe he is afforded freedom from the moderators to promote dr proctor. I have had posts removed for less than what he has done and i am affilliated to nobody. He undoubtedly has their support.

for example, this was originally posted in the general discussions as it is general discusssion related to the use of the site and the ethics of conduct when discussing specifically hairloss products. It has been immediately moved to the off topic section which is regarding anything apart from hairloss and this section receives much less attention. I am interpreting this as an attempt on the part of the mods to negate the effectiveness of this poll by it garnering less views. It is not off topic, it is hairloss related, i am seeking to establish how codes of conduct are interpreted in the direct discussion of hairloss products on this forum. In conjunction with this i have tried to address this privately with the mods, like others here have and have recieved short shrift. I have been left with no option to put it out there to the posters. I no longer care if i am banned either, so i believe i have nothing to lose by putting it out there.

I believe its a simple premise, he is either breaking the rules or he isnt. If he is, then he must be stopped as he is ruining the threads. If he isnt, then people telling him to stop are in the wrong and we are the ones ruining the threads.

I am not interested in beating bryan or getting him banned, despite his being very rude to me i am personally ambilvalent to him, Im not doing this for me, all i want is the position on product promotion clarified so that the quality of the forum goes back up again, the constant hi-jacking of threads lately is hugely frustrating and to some degree were both as bad as each other.

We're always being accused of some conspiracy one way or another.

Okay

I'm not quite as passionate about this as you, quite honestly I couldn't really give a **** beyond the fact the proxiphen or whatever the hell it's called probably doesn't do **** and he's selling it to youngins who don't know better.

Suprised this hasn't been done before actually. Looking forward to see how it spins out.

anyway, bump!

Quote Originally Posted by cassin
    well yes but this isn't an accusation. This is a question and you do seem to evade it quite a bit. Why does Bryan get away with this sort of stuff? You banned me for far less albeit temporarily!

I doubt I'll get a reply!

Quote Originally Posted by cassin
    I am sure you do and I fully expect to be discredited as some crackpot but im not propsing a conspiracy, it is no conspiracy to suggest you are happy with bryans conduct as if you werent, you would do something about it. I am not accusing you of anything, but in my personal experience with you i have tried to address you in private regarding the subject and have been ignored. I have tried asking you questions about it in threads and been ignored. I have tried deliberately bringing it up under posts of yours as i know you will have to address those and i have been told to not talk about it. I start a thread in a highly visable and appropriate section and it is moved to a much less visted and inappropriate section (it is not off topic, its related to the promotion of hairloss products). I am proposing nothing, i am merely repeating the chain of events that have lead me to these conclusions. I could be misguided, hence why i am asking for clarification, i believe it is a reasonable request and i am doing it not just for me but on behalf of all the other posters frustrated either with bryan or those frustrated with bryans hi profile dissenters.

Still awaiting clarification on your position. thank you

I have long ago learned that when I am accused of something nobody cares what the response is if it doesn't agree with them. From being accused of being paid off by Merk or any dozen other companies its not even worth the argument.

No arguement.. just why can he get away with it and no one else can. Is it just respect or something?