Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Why are friends and family the rudest towards hair loss?

I personally dont consider my current hair situation but friends and family always like to point out my hairloss. It really annoys me that the people that make jokes and point out your hairloss are family members in a rude way. My aunt say that im a future baldie, my brother criticizes my hairline and my cousins stay talking about my recession. My question is why is this? Are they trying to provoke a response or is it envy because people on the streets or at school dont say nothing about it or even notice it.

Beingbaldsucks

Re: Why are friends and family the rudest towards hair loss?

Your family is ****, my friend and my family never said a word

i assume your hair loss isn't very noticable yet. when it get's to that point of being noticable thats is when other random people will try to put you down.

yeah it isnt that noticeable for the average individual

Don't even bother telling them how you feel because by the sound of it they will make fun of you for having feelings as well. Sorry your family are dickheads. Run away and find a new family.
    Lets face it, confidence will never frame your face properly....a girl can't run her fingers through your confidence.

TravisB

Quote Originally Posted by uncomfortable man
    Run away and find a new family.
    LMAO

Nothing.

Can't say I've ever had problems like that from my family, they've all been very supportive, especially my older sister, who you'd think as a young girl would be the least understanding of the bunch...

I do however have one asshole friend who tries to crack jokes about my hair in public from time to time, this is obviously uncomfortable and embarrassing, but hey, he can't himself he's just an insensitive prick by nature.

In a strange way I think it's healthy to have a friend like this because it teaches you how to deal with baldness insults in that common social scenario where you're surrounded by strangers and your status and credibility is on the line.

Lets face it, there's always going to be at least one asshole at a party or on a night out who's going to try and burn you with a hairloss remark, so it's very important that we learn how to take it with class and humour while delivering back a funny insult of our own.

Another example for me is my height, I'm only 5ft 8, but most of my family and cousins are all 6ft + I used to get a lot of **** (and still do) for being the short ass of the family and whenever stangers brought up my height it would crush me, but now at 25 I've overcome the height complex and I've learnt how to deal with these remarks in public without losing my social credibility and I'm hoping I can do the same over time with hairloss.
    Quote Originally Posted by seb View Post
    ha,yes these females(I use the term loosely) dont want too be straddled by some spiky-haired,pretty boy,they want too be abused,what better man,than a big,bald,monster.It feels damn good at the time,but when I have emptied my tea-bags,and back in the dark room I inhabit,then the shame,guilt,and emptiness begins.

Quote Originally Posted by ponymaruni
    I personally dont consider my current hair situation but friends and family always like to point out my hairloss. It really annoys me that the people that make jokes and point out your hairloss are family members in a rude way. My aunt say that im a future baldie, my brother criticizes my hairline and my cousins stay talking about my recession. My question is why is this? Are they trying to provoke a response or is it envy because people on the streets or at school dont say nothing about it or even notice it.
    I think we have the same relatives, bro..
    Sometimes I think that I could get used to my hair loss and baldness but not my dear "dickheads". I don't know how about you, but they see me as a stylish toy or a clothes that they can boast with before the neighbours. And when this toy (me) becomes worse because of something, they become mad and nervous because the neighbours will laugh at them. So I need to stay shiny and in shape for them. I'd love them if I didn't hate them so much.

Quote Originally Posted by slipy
    i assume your hair loss isn't very noticable yet. when it get's to that point of being noticable thats is when other random people will try to put you down.
    Yeah,if ones family can ridicule their own family(people that are supposed too car about you),then is it so unbelievable a bald can be verbally attacked by random strangers.

^^^ yeah michael it sounds like we may have the same family in that aspect. Annoying as hell and my hatred is slowly building up unfortunately