Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments

Unhappy Hair Loss Expert

Has anyone been to see Dr. James Feinberg in Chicago for hair loss? I was referred to him as the best hair loss doc in IL, but am reluctant because he charges $425 for the initial consultation. I called over there and his receptionist couldn't really tell me anything about what he offers his patients or what he does differently.

I'm already on Rogaine, FIN, and Nizoral. I would sure hate to go in there and hand $425 over just to find out that he can't do anything else.

Re: Hair Loss Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio
    Has anyone been to see Dr. James Feinberg in Chicago for hair loss? I was referred to him as the best hair loss doc in IL, but am reluctant because he charges $425 for the initial consultation. I called over there and his receptionist couldn't really tell me anything about what he offers his patients or what he does differently.

I'm already on Rogaine, FIN, and Nizoral. I would sure hate to go in there and hand $425 over just to find out that he can't do anything else.
    I GUARANTEE YOU that he won't be able to offer you anything new.... maybe some fancy laser but they rarely work and at best they're inefficient.
    For those $425, you could buy some items on your own to improve your regimen

Re: Hair Loss Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Daddio

Whoa man...that is a HUGGGGGEEE ripoff. I went to Dr. Paul McAndrews (one of the most skillful and famous hair transplant doctors in the world) in ****ing Beverly Hills California and he only charged me $100 for a consultation.

All he's going to do is sit you down..put a special camera on your head (if you aren't obviously balding already of course..because if you are then..you don't need a powerful camera to tell you that)..look at your scalp for miniaturization...tell you you have MPB...talk to you about finasteride and minoxidil...offer to write you a prescription ..and send you on your way.

Maybe a consultation for a hair transplant would cost more..but if its just a consultation to confirm you have MPB and advise you about treatments..thats way too much

EDIT: Also just a piece of advice. I would stick to doctors recommended by the IAHRS. Its a consumer advocate organization that is very selective about which doctors they endorse. I believe they only endorse somewhere around 60 doctors in the entire world. I believe its the best way to make sure you're talking to a trustworthy doctor who is one of the best in the field. Check out their doctor list at http://www.iahrs.org/member/ . The doctor you mentioned in your post is NOT on this list..so..in my view..he could be ripping people off. There is a Feinberg on that list but its not the same guy