Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 86
  1. #1
    Member SimpsonKnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    51

    Does Rogaine work on the temple/hairline area?

    Today I finally got a 3 months supply of the 5% Rogaine and am eager to start using it but the thing is, most if not all of my hair loss is in my temple and hairline regions. And its pretty aggressive too. On the box it says that Rogaine is meant to be used on the crown area. Does that mean it wont work at all on the hair line? Is it basically a waste of time to try or is there a chance that it might actually do something?
    "Operator! Give me the number for 911!"
    ~Homer Simpson

  2. #2
    Super Moderator Cassin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Atlanta Georgia
    Posts
    8,432

    Re: Does Rogaine work on the temple/hairline area?

    It works on the hairline. Not as well as the back, but it works.

  3. #3
    Member SimpsonKnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    51

    Re: Does Rogaine work on the temple/hairline area?

    So its worth trying? Ok, thanks a lot! That made me feel better.
    "Operator! Give me the number for 911!"
    ~Homer Simpson

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Cassin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Atlanta Georgia
    Posts
    8,432

    Re: Does Rogaine work on the temple/hairline area?

    Sure it's worth it!

    Now keep in mind minoxidil won't do much for a receding hairline. That's a tough one. You won't be getting back a teenage hairline but it can help grow back loss.

  5. #5
    Member SimpsonKnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    51

    Re: Does Rogaine work on the temple/hairline area?

    Lol, I am only 19 myself. And already have to start using Rogaine. Fun stuff. :P
    "Operator! Give me the number for 911!"
    ~Homer Simpson

  6. #6
    Super Moderator Cassin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Atlanta Georgia
    Posts
    8,432

    Re: Does Rogaine work on the temple/hairline area?

    Sorry man. You join a sadly large group.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    662

    Re: Does Rogaine work on the temple/hairline area?

    If the hair follicle is not dead u can restore your hairline
    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #8
    Senior Member Bryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Houston, TX USA
    Posts
    8,671

    Re: Does Rogaine work on the temple/hairline area?

    Quote Originally Posted by SimpsonKnight
    Today I finally got a 3 months supply of the 5% Rogaine and am eager to start using it but the thing is, most if not all of my hair loss is in my temple and hairline regions. And its pretty aggressive too.
    I think the last thing you should be thinking about using for an "aggressive" case of hairline loss is topical minoxidil ALONE. The available scientific evidence for minoxidil appears to indicate that minoxidil doesn't interfere with the fundamental cause of balding, meaning that your balding will continue, even as you're using Rogaine. What you need to do is to attack it with something that does interfere in some way with the fundamental cause of balding! There are different ways to go about doing that; before going into those possibilities, tell me how much discretionary income you have available to spend on this very difficult problem.
    1) No, damnit, finasteride for hairloss was NOT an "accidental discovery".
    2) No, you do NOT have to use minoxidil and Retin-A at the same time.
    3) No, washing your skin does NOT make it produce more sebum.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    163

    Re: Does Rogaine work on the temple/hairline area?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpsonKnight
    Today I finally got a 3 months supply of the 5% Rogaine and am eager to start using it but the thing is, most if not all of my hair loss is in my temple and hairline regions. And its pretty aggressive too.
    I think the last thing you should be thinking about using for an "aggressive" case of hairline loss is topical minoxidil ALONE. The available scientific evidence for minoxidil appears to indicate that minoxidil doesn't interfere with the fundamental cause of balding, meaning that your balding will continue, even as you're using Rogaine. What you need to do is to attack it with something that does interfere in some way with the fundamental cause of balding! There are different ways to go about doing that; before going into those possibilities, tell me how much discretionary income you have available to spend on this very difficult problem.
    Is that a joke? You need to come up with a sales pitch that doesn't make you sound like a Nigerian prince.

    I have seen a lot of growth on my hair line, for the record.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Bryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Houston, TX USA
    Posts
    8,671

    Re: Does Rogaine work on the temple/hairline area?

    Quote Originally Posted by kc444
    Is that a joke? You need to come up with a sales pitch that doesn't make you sound like a Nigerian prince.
    It's not a joke, and it's not a "sales pitch". What I said to him was the honest truth.

    Quote Originally Posted by kc444
    I have seen a lot of growth on my hair line, for the record.
    I'm sure you have. I was talking about LONG-TERM effects, not just temporary growth from Rogaine.
    1) No, damnit, finasteride for hairloss was NOT an "accidental discovery".
    2) No, you do NOT have to use minoxidil and Retin-A at the same time.
    3) No, washing your skin does NOT make it produce more sebum.

Similar Threads

  1. Will Rogaine (Minoxidil) Alone Work on Temple Hair Loss?
    By closetmetrosexual in forum Men's General Hair Loss Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: February 19th, 2013, 08:34 PM
  2. Temple area concealer
    By Jm0311 in forum Concealers & Styling Products
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: September 10th, 2008, 08:13 AM
  3. Does Rogaine only work in the crown area?
    By markymark78 in forum Growth Stimulants - Rogaine, Minoxidil, Tricomin, etc.
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: April 18th, 2007, 07:53 PM
  4. Hairline and temple area loss on Propecia
    By camobear777 in forum Antiandrogens - Propecia, Dutasteride, etc.
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: January 24th, 2006, 08:43 PM
  5. Who does the best temple point and hairline work?
    By johnyd473 in forum Hair Transplants & Hair Replacement Surgery
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: October 20th, 2005, 09:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •