Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments

Thread: Shaved vs bald

Shaved vs bald

Over the various hair loss sites, there seems to be quite a few people who think shaved (but otherwise full) heads of hair are a terrible idea, i.e. they look just as bad as bald heads only the guy ''chooses to look like a freak'' (not my words) instead. Anyone else think like this? The difference is amazing to me (did this on photoshop)

TravisB

Re: Shaved vs bald

Yeah, the hairline is ultra - important. It gives a frame to your face and always looks 100 times better than without it. Bacause of it, the guys who have thick hair and a strong hairline usually still look good shaved.

IMO it's much better to have a bald spot than receding hairline. On the bald spot you can do a small transplant or spray toppik and you are good to go. With receding hairline it's harder to cover it.

Unfortunately the guys who need to shave and have no hairlines have really got no choice besides micro hair tattooing, whick still looks a bit fake.

Quote Originally Posted by TravisB
    Yeah, the hairline is ultra - important. It gives a frame to your face and always looks 100 times better than without it. Bacause of it, the guys who have thick hair and a strong hairline usually still look good shaved.

IMO it's much better to have a bald spot than receding hairline. On the bald spot you can do a small transplant or spray toppik and you are good to go. With receding hairline it's harder to cover it.

Unfortunately the guys who need to shave and have no hairlines have really got no choice besides micro hair tattooing, whick still looks a bit fake.
    I'm going for MHT but I'm making sure I get a really soft and subtle look. I use dermmatch to create a shaved look at the moment and MHT definitely looks better than a continuous shade so I'm pretty confident they can do a good job. This picture is a great example of how good it can be:

TravisB

From what I've seen the hairline is what spoils it the most. It's like they can not create natural hairline, it always looks fake. But maybe it's the fact that I know it's MHT, and therefore I think it looks fake. Normal people probably won't have the clue.

I've read once on their forums that they are working on MHT 2.0, so maybe it will be perfected and even less noticeable.

But IMO 2000 pounds is way too much for just tattooing the dots on your hair. 1000 would be kinda OK, but 2000 is expensive.

BTW is that you on that photo?

As a norwood 3 I won't be paying the full 2k myself. It is expensive but for what it'll do for my confidence, it's way worth it. I don't really need any money at the moment anyway. And nope, that's not me. Just some random guy of google.

First of all Pain, that isn't me. I currently have a mohawk and people have actually commented that I have a perfect headshape. I don't claim to be the exception, I just think the majority of headshapes look fine with the right hairline (I'm synthesizing mine with dry dermmatch.) Hairlines are definitely more important than head shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Pain
    Be careful with mohawk. If you put too much gel/lak in it, it will mess up your hair as an addition to MPB.
    I barely put anything in it, it's pretty short.

UK the Home of the worst HT surgeons in the world

Quote Originally Posted by Pain
    Be careful with mohawk. If you put too much gel/lak in it, it will mess up your hair as an addition to MPB.
    WTF, please dont tell me you think hair gel causes m.p.b.
    *Voice of reason on HLT since 2007*
    Quote Originally Posted by CCS
    I don't need to marry the woman I'll get HM for that. just need to have fun for a month till she finds out, and have a fast turnover rate if she dumps me. If the piece looks good turnover shouldnt b a issue. Just break contact with her & her friends if she has a bigmouth
    it is not your lack of drink, but muscles or face thats the reason. The only reason they'd want you to drink is so you focus on that and dont hit on them I don't even go to partys, at least not till I get more muscle on my arms.