Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

what triggers the MPB Gene?

So According to statistics 4 out of 7 people do have the MPB Gene. I asked this in TBT forums but people dont know much other than DHT = hairloss.
    A bit of my family history:

father nw 3 age 50 - started balding according to him at 34 (bull **** I think)...last time i saw him he was 47 with a norwood 2...never used a treatment.

Mother - no mpb issues at all from mothers sides - all uncles hairy monkeys including 80 year old grandfather that looks like ALF.

Paternal grandfather - died in his 60s with a full crazy john travolta head of hair...all his brothers looked like lions no joke.

So the MPB gene comes from my paternal grandmother who had john travolta hair (she combed it that way) but her brother was bald...he started balding LATE 40s though...norwood 5 at 80.

I started balding at 22 im approaching to nw 3, definitely balding cuz I shed minituarized hair.

My questions is what did I do to trigger this gene so young? was it 'bating? sports? stress? nutrition? I always thought if I was to bald it was going to be mid 30s due to my dads hair "issues" but why now?

This sucks, somebody please kill me. One thing is losing your hair, another one is being the first balding young guy in both sides of your family .

Did you guys started balding same age as your father, uncle, grandpas? is it as agressive? Please let me know your family background maybe i can make some conclusions.

All internals.

Morning:
    Aged Garlic Extract x 1

Night:
    Turmeric x 1
    Resveratrol x 1
    Ginkgo Biloba x 1
    Aged Garlic Extract x 1
    Hair, skin and nails tab (Blackmores) x 1
    Silica x 1

Re: what triggers the MPB Gene?

We could be decades away from ever knowing what triggers MPB or how genes work. Which makes me wonder how they are ever going to create a 'cure'. I'm hoping obviously.

IMO gene is 99%, 1% is everything else like lifestyle, foods, products we use etc at least in terms of acceleration.

I'm not sure if there is one universal reason why people bald. I get the feeling there might be 2 or 3 different reason's why people go bald, eg one person because of DHT,X,Y another because of X,Y,Z and another because of A,B.

The MPB stat has always confused me. Someone that starts to bald in his 90s vs someone in his 20s is massively different. Sure they both 'have' MPB, but it's not an accurate stat nor the level both are in.

I would much rather see stats that say x% between 18-30 are nw1, nw2 etc

As for my personal history I don't know all of it, but apparently my mum side is all good. My fathers side isn't. Not sure what age either my Dad or his Dad started balding, however I think I have made it longer than my Dad.

The strange thing is my half brother who is 10 years older still has most if not all of his hair, his hair is curly\wavy. My hair when I was younger was curly\wavy much like his, however mine has straightened over the years. I can't remember when it happened. I don't know if my Dad had wavy or curly hair.

The way genes work is so f'd.

Mother Nature.

She's a dirty whore...

Quote Originally Posted by zeroes
    We could be decades away from ever knowing what triggers MPB or how genes work. Which makes me wonder how they are ever going to create a 'cure'. I'm hoping obviously.

IMO gene is 99%, 1% is everything else like lifestyle, foods, products we use etc at least in terms of acceleration.

I'm not sure if there is one universal reason why people bald. I get the feeling there might be 2 or 3 different reason's why people go bald, eg one person because of DHT,X,Y another because of X,Y,Z and another because of A,B.

The MPB stat has always confused me. Someone that starts to bald in his 90s vs someone in his 20s is massively different. Sure they both 'have' MPB, but it's not an accurate stat nor the level both are in.
    I think what you're basically asking is this: why are there so many different ways that a given individual's scalp hair can respond to androgens? Why is it that one person can live his entire life without ever becoming bald (his follicles respond only very weakly to androgens), while another person can start to go bald in his teenage years (his follicles respond very strongly to androgens)?

The answer, of course, has to do with the various design factors that each individual has in his own hair follicles, and a lot of that has to do with various unknown genetic factors a person has. For the time being, we don't (yet) know how to modify a person's response to androgens in his hair follicles; all we can do is alter their behavior with more blunt-force methods, like using antiandrogens and/or 5a-reductase inhibitors. That's not the same as changing the ultimate design of human scalp hair follicles, but it's certainly a lot better than nothing at all.
    1) No, damnit, finasteride for hairloss was NOT an "accidental discovery".
    2) No, you do NOT have to use minoxidil and Retin-A at the same time.
    3) No, washing your skin does NOT make it produce more sebum.

Bryan you rock, you are very smart, nice way to put it .

Then again my mother gens are super duper negative norwood genes...her father is 80 and is a norwood 0 I am not kidding........
    his hairline is like this |-------------| .

Maybe she gave me some of the genes that might be unrelated to the MPB gene but when combined with fathers genes = SUPER MPB = Me crying hahaha

edit: I wonder if there's a twin study and if one twin balds faster / starts to bald later assuming of course they had entirely different upbringing.

UK the Home of the worst HT surgeons in the world

You might aswell ask what triggers puberty?
    *Voice of reason on HLT since 2007*
    Quote Originally Posted by CCS
    I don't need to marry the woman I'll get HM for that. just need to have fun for a month till she finds out, and have a fast turnover rate if she dumps me. If the piece looks good turnover shouldnt b a issue. Just break contact with her & her friends if she has a bigmouth
    it is not your lack of drink, but muscles or face thats the reason. The only reason they'd want you to drink is so you focus on that and dont hit on them I don't even go to partys, at least not till I get more muscle on my arms.

Quote Originally Posted by s.a.f
    You might aswell ask what triggers puberty?
    or maybe what triggers life? why are we here?

UK the Home of the worst HT surgeons in the world

We're here because our fathers shot their jizz into our mothers.
    *Voice of reason on HLT since 2007*
    Quote Originally Posted by CCS
    I don't need to marry the woman I'll get HM for that. just need to have fun for a month till she finds out, and have a fast turnover rate if she dumps me. If the piece looks good turnover shouldnt b a issue. Just break contact with her & her friends if she has a bigmouth
    it is not your lack of drink, but muscles or face thats the reason. The only reason they'd want you to drink is so you focus on that and dont hit on them I don't even go to partys, at least not till I get more muscle on my arms.

All internals.

Morning:
    Aged Garlic Extract x 1

Night:
    Turmeric x 1
    Resveratrol x 1
    Ginkgo Biloba x 1
    Aged Garlic Extract x 1
    Hair, skin and nails tab (Blackmores) x 1
    Silica x 1

Maybe he means how life was created in the beginning e.g Adam and Eve.

I am sorry to hear that Maradona b.c I also started balding early and the other kids took notice. lol. I was born with a huge forehead lol. Nearly all men bald at some point. you can try to catch it early on with the suggested treatments. It gets better if u maintain like Ive posted b4. As you get older it becomes ordinary to bald. Do not let it control you.